2020 State of the Chapter.

Azmodeous

Artisan
Greetings!

As long-promised, I present to you the “State of the Chapter!”

As many of you know, I took over as Owner in early January of 2019, and since then I have been adamant about one thing: Transparency. To help achieve this goal, I want to share with you how the chapter's funds have been used, and how I plan to use them in the future to help better our game.

In 2019 our Monster Camp underwent several upgrades, A few of the major highlights being:

• Assembly of an entirely new makeup station; complete with new mirrors, brushes, sponges, and cleaning supplies.
  • We have added 22 new shoulder bags, 12 new belts, 10 new pairs of pants, and 20 quick reference wristbands for monster cards.
  • Large upgrades to our arsenal of weapons featuring work from B3 Studios and local craftsmen.

Of course, there are plenty of other less glamorous expenses to tackle, such as site fees, insurance, coin, and smaller miscellaneous operating costs. To further detail these expenses as well as give everyone the full picture of our costs, the Profit and Loss statement is also attached.

Let’s talk about the statement; on the face, the chapter came out $6,500 ahead last year, but that number can be a little misleading. All sites take a deposit before we attend an event; State Parks take the deposit when the reservation is made, but Middleground (a new and privately owned LARP site) wants the deposit 30 days before the event. With 2 events left at Middleground scheduled in 2020, that drops the net down to $5,500. This profit will allow us to fund the trip to symposium as well as build up an emergency fund for the chapter, for which I am truly grateful.

Finally our plans for material improvement in the 2020 year:

• A new operations desk for monster camp, to be filled with monster stat cards and frequently used supplies to improve efficiency.
  • New masks, wigs, and racial reps to replace those at the end of their lifespan.
  • Better props for treasure policy, including at least one high-quality weapon per event.

Thank you for taking the time and showing interest in our chapter’s welfare! If there are any questions, please feel free to ask! If the profit and loss statement isn’t detailed enough for you or you’d like to know how much we spent on something specific, please email us at manager@alliance-seattle.com so that we can send you the information.

Attachments

• Detail P&L with Equipment Assets 2019.xlsx
    60 KB · Views: 17
Back