A Call for Desserts at the Royal Feast!

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Last night, Master Chef Percy Epping Senior, personal chef to His Majesty King Grimlock, came down with a nasty flu. Fever, barfing, all that mess. So he figured it might be a good idea if he stayed out of the kitchen for a few days and not make any of the usual fabulous desserts he would typically prepare for a royal feast like on the 13th.

So without his Master Chef, King Grimlock had the opportunity to, oh, I don't know, maybe let the Master Chef's very accomplished Sous Chef take the reins of a royal banquet for once and dazzle everyone with his long-overlooked pastry brilliance!

...Or he could continue to overlook the talents of the Sous Chef and be like "I think I'll hold a dessert competition from among the attendees!" What a load of bu-

Erm, I mean: Let it be known that His Majesty has decided there shall be a competition of desserts at his banquet on the afternoon of the 13th! Make your best for the guests to enjoy, and the creator of the finest dessert will be rewarded with a rare opportunity: a personal audience with the King at a later date of choice! It certainly never hurts to have a private chat with His Majesty up your sleeve for when you need one. Definitely a great way to get your voice heard by the highest noble in the land, that's for sure.

Have fun making your desserts, you lucky little- er, I mean, best of luck to you, and may the best apparently-anyone-but-me chef win!

- Percy Epping Junior
Sous Chef to Master Chef Percy Epping Senior

Last edited:
Sous Chef Epping,
A few questions for clarity if you don't mind.
1. Will only homemade dessert items be counted in the running for the prize?
2. Is the judging going to be done by a single individual or a panel?
3. I can you share their identities.
Armis Seablade

Yeah yeah, I can answer those.

1. I mean, you certainly can submit something that you didn't make yourself, but His Majesty might take that into consideration when making his choice of the victor. Or he might not. Beats me.

2. The winner will be determined by His Majesty, of course, though he might seek the opinions of other attendees before declaring the winner, so I'd recommend making something that more than just the King will enjoy.

3. I really hope you know who the King of Wayside is.

- Percy Epping Junior

Back