A couple of questions

Lurin

Duke
First off let me take care of my manners and such. It was quite the adventurer the last coupla days en I got some questions that I'm still ponderin and such, and I'll ask them after I get done with the pleases and thank yous.

Thanks to the horned gal that kept fixing my armor, never did catch your name very well, or maybe you didn't say, but it was nice, never had my armor fixed up like that before.

Thanks ta you Jara fer lettin me sleep in one of them cabins, its a shame so many of the rooms were broken, but at least the one still worked.

Thanks to Tab fer all da food and drinks, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you yet, but I'll swing back around again soon en meybe we can meet.

Thanks to whoever left that nice armor by my beddin, it still fits pretty well except for that one plate that had to be cut out after that Ice then flame, then lightning, then stone guy that came out ta play.

Sorry to that poor elf guy that got dead, I ken only move so fast some times, we shared your collection with lotsa people since Elandril says you won't be waking up anymore.

Sorry to that Emerald archer guy, didn't mean ta fall asleep like that while we were talkin, dunno what happened but I seen your friends coming from the other way then jes fell asleep, didn't mean ta have such poor manners.

Think thats all the manners that needed to get done, now onto my questions.

First, does anyone know where we ken find some extra honor? Alot of people apparently lost theirs and had ta fight cause of it, but if we had extra we could just share it when people need some more. Also, along these lines, I'm still not sure exactly what honor looks like or how it needs to be stored, so if anyone knows that could tell me, or maybe make a locked box or something to keep it in that would be good.

Second I'm fairly confused about the 4 chess players setting up undead dominoes or something like that, Elysia was saying something about one of the players leavin or some such?

Third I've heard something about a tower that can answer questions, but you need abouts 4 people ta go up it? Maybe if we can get a group of people to climb it then I won't have to bother people with so many questions...

-Durl

My dear friend Durl, it was my pleasure to help you with your armor this past market day. You are quite a fierce fighter, and I was happy to keep you in repair! My name is Tatianna, and I look foward to seeing you next market day!

Lurin said:
First off let me take care of my manners and such. It was quite the adventurer the last coupla days en I got some questions that I'm still ponderin and such, and I'll ask them after I get done with the pleases and thank yous.

Thanks to my to the horned gal that kept fixing my armor, never did catch your name very well, or maybe you didn't say, but it was nice, never had my armor fixed up like that before.

Thanks ta you Jara fer lettin me sleep in one of them cabins, its a shame so many of the rooms were broken, but at least the one still worked.

Thanks to Tab fer all da food and drinks, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you yet, but I'll swing back around again soon en meybe we can meet.

Thanks to whoever left that nice armor by my beddin, it still fits pretty well except for that one plate that had to be cut out after that Ice then flame, then lightning, then stone guy that came out ta play.

Sorry to that poor elf guy that got dead, I ken only move so fast some times, we shared your collection with lotsa people since Elandril says you won't be waking up anymore.

Sorry to that Emerald archer guy, didn't mean ta fall asleep like that while we were talkin, dunno what happened but I seen your friends coming from the other way then jes fell asleep, didn't mean ta have such poor manners.

Think thats all the manners that needed to get done, now onto my questions.

First, does anyone know where we ken find some extra honor? Alot of people apparently lost theirs and had ta fight cause of it, but if we had extra we could just share it when people need some more. Also, along these lines, I'm still not sure exactly what honor looks like or how it needs to be stored, so if anyone knows that could tell me, or maybe make a locked box or something to keep it in that would be good.

Second I'm fairly confused about the 4 chess players setting up undead dominoes or something like that, Elysia was saying something about one of the players leavin or some such?

Third I've heard something about a tower that can answer questions, but you need abouts 4 people ta go up it? Maybe if we can get a group of people to climb it then I won't have to bother people with so many questions...

-Durl

Durl,

You can't just keep honor in a box... you show your honor through your words, your actions...

As for the tower... I would go with you. I have a couple questions for it.

Last time I played in the tower, it only let us ask a single question. Lurin paid for mine, though so he got two.

Marcena said:
Last time I played in the tower, it only let us ask a single question. Lurin paid for mine, though so he got two.

Each person gets a question? Or the group? If each person does, I'd compensate someone if they let me use their question...

Marcena said:
The oracle in the middle says that only one person gets one question.

Then we need to make a couple runs at the tower.

Nye, I meant that every one person in the group gets one question, nye that only one person gets one question....hehe, I were tired. :(

Hrm, maybe we should set a time, How about three volunteers come up the tower at sunrise with me? Dramthin if yer listenin you got a spot reserved cause we talked before, so we could use a fixer and a melter I think, but you gotta be willing to get up with the sun both days....

Stoneskull, I was watching the duel you had with Togashin, I didn't see any honor en people said that you two was trying to get it back, this isn't making alotta sense.

I think maybe I'll be back for another market day, maybe around the 6th of this next month. So sunrise on the 7th and 8th would good time to plan for. I don't think we've met Marcena, what is it you do? I'm a fighter myself.

Durl Shellshield - I would gladly follow your slick green skin and flashing hammer into the very pits of Void itself. Find us a crew and we'll multihandedly carve The Tower Trials into a towering pile of beef pudding. I know Silverhilt and Emissary Zanabanath have both made noises in pursuit of the tower, mayhap they'll be interested.

As for honour, iffen you get a handle on the topic, please give me insight. I've seen that word thrown about by a hundred different spirits in a thousand different ways. As far as I know, it's somewhere between doing what you want no matter the consequences and never doing what you want, no matter the consequences. Somewhere in the middle lies pursuing your Lord's edicts, doing what's 'right', renouncing your Lord because he's not doing what's right, and recreating what's 'right' because it's not efficacious to the issues at hand . So, keep me in the loop as to your investigation because I'm all ears.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I suppose I do a little of this and that to keep enough change in my pocket for which to throw the dice, drink some ale, and make a little alchemy. I can shoot an arrow pretty well, but I would as soon not...I by far prefer helping those who fall then getting into battle.

As for honor, mi papa tell me that "No man loses honor who had any to begin with." And I think it yet to be a suitable explaination!

Don't take her humilty and professional demeanor at its face value. It is well-known that Marcena Cenkraea DagonGaddi is a force to be reckoned with. She has been steward to Kings and Queens, tutor to Dragonmages, and the unparalleled Warlord for many an Empire. It is said her sword opens wounds which cannot be closed, her magics recreate the very fabric of the universe, and her words can sway the very rocks to open their throats in song. Mark my words, young warrior, having a DagonGaddi at your side is akin to walking in the presence of the Great Dragon herself. Plus, she's cute as a button, so that's a bonus too.

Dramthin Hartsboon
A Simple, Somewhat Hyperbolic Keeper of the Tainted Grove

But we need a fixer to climb the tower, and I've heard some of the floors need a melter or the critters won't stay down. Can you maybe use those burning papers Marcena?

Lurin said:
-Durl

My researches have led me to believe that there is a great fey who leaves supplies to good adventures. I would therefore assert that it is said fey who left you the armor.

So you need a melter hu?

If any of you are planning to attempt a run at the tower, I can provide some information on the challenges you face.
I have met the foes of the first 10 levels with Mara, Lurin, and Kevar and I am willing to offer what guidance I can.
For those interested, I await a message from you. I would share this with everyone, but it might not be very sporting of me.
This discussion of honor is rather interesting. Durl has yet to recognize it, and Dramthin has seen too many conflicting definitions.

Your father is a wise man Marcena. I don't believe honor is something to be gained or lost. One either possesses it, or they don't.
Few would claim to be without it, but that relies on their definition, as Dramthin alluded to. We can only judge others by how we judge ourselves.
Honor is defined by one's character. It is the truest measure of a soul's merit. By your actions and your desires, you define your honor.
A truly honorable man will be recognized as such, and a great man will achieve this without asking.

May a warm light guide your journeys home,
Wolfram Eisenberg

Back