A Dream From Maelstrom

((OOG in order to prevent confusion the Maelstrom is one of the campaigns of Alliance San Francisco, it is also reportedly the setting for Big West but please note I am not a staff or plot member for either San Francisco or Big West, just a plain ol' PC ;D ))

To the denizens of Acarthia from the land of Maelstrom,

Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the discovery of a long term plot perpetrated by one Delerion Thelarius, along with the assistance of others, in an effort to reinstate the Empire of the Iron Hand which composed most of this land before the ‘apocalypse.’

Delerion has, over the course of a year, severely mentally manipulated the majority of the populace of the Maelstrom (including myself) in order to both kidnap resurrecting members of the Empire and to destabilize multiple members of local leadership by pitting them against each other.

Fortunately, while minds are weak, systems and data are not. A discrepancy was noted in the resurrection statistics information and census compiled by my Clerks and the tireless work of Clerk Pluvianella, Squire Clerk Hildir, and Clerk Andrew revealed how dire the number of missing people was. Delerion panicked and began more overt mental manipulation, at which point the Empress of the Vaeltarii (Dark Elves) intervened removing all the mental influence from the populace and permanently killing Delerion in one fell blast. It is presently believed that he may have been working at the behest of Wretched Outsiders.

The reason I tell you this is twofold:

First, if I have spoken to you about the leadership of the Maelstrom please know that the situation is no longer as cut-and-dry as I had implied. I was being heavily mentally manipulated at the time of my visit to Castle Bloodworth, but even more importantly the populace that supported me was as well. My intention now is to regroup my Clerks and make sure whatever remaining dregs of Delerion’s influence are completely removed, then use whatever true support I have to try to create an equal council of local leaders as I originally intended before the mental onslaught.

My title in the Maelstrom is once more simply Clerk Terren, though I am quite happy being just called Terren.

As a personal note, I am extraordinarily sorry and quite mortified. I am very happy to be myself again.

Second, we are now openly at war with the creatures known as Wretched Outsiders. They have, in a seeming act of desperation, ceased their subtle manipulation and openly attacked our homes and our people. Their final goal is known: The destruction of all Fortannis. The Maelstrom is just a stepping stone to that goal.

If you were present in the Neverwhen, the gathering of people from all over Fortannis last year, then you have already met an Outsider. His name is Sightless, the creature by the side of Aelin Mor. The creature who dragged our fallen friends away to consume the coins of their spirit.

There will be a call to arms and a call to war going out to all those who can hear it soon but I ask- personally- for your help. The Maelstrom is my home, but Fortannis is home to all of us.

In service,

Clerk Terren

Last edited:
Back