A Drink and a Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakero303

Karuna for the most part had been keeping himself busy at the local taverns if there was one a library/magistrate's office; both with the intention it seemed of learning about the land he now resided in. For now however he looked to be taking a break from his scribing efforts, stepping into if there was one of the more moderately built taverns in the fort ((correct this for location if it was the capital, was told we were elsewhere)).

He was dressed in similar clothes as the masquerade, but now wore a servicable navy blue vest and now brandished a saber at his side. With a book in his hand and a inkpen, he sat down, he looked about to see if he recognized anyone there.

Sitting at a table is Rynchus, wearing his tabard over a set of chain mail. He seem to be unarmed right now. A glass of wine sits next to his left hand. A small loaf of bread is on the table in front of him. He doesn't spot Karuna in the tavern.

Karuna seems to recognize the man from the masquerade, but his eyes then dipped to the tabard's colors-looking curious, he steps up with a wave. "Evening," He intoned. "How's the day been for yah' so far?"

Rynchus looks up at the man. "Good day to you. Oh right you are one of those that came from somewhere else. I am doing well enough." He takes a sip of the wine. "You can have some of this wine if you would like." He waves at one of the open chairs at the table.

"Thanks for the offer, but for the moment i'll need to stay sober; wine tends me to wake with the breaking dawn, and i'll need rest I think from all the reading." He smiles wryly, taking the seat. "Might I ask the symbol of your tabard? I do not recognize it I think from our last meeting of chance."

"Are you sure about the wine? You could always water it down some." Rynchus takes up the glass and sips at the wine. His eyes focus on the middle distance.

"As for the symbol on this," He taps against the symbol with his free hand. "I wear it because I had the honour of serving under the house it belongs to. And as a reward when I can here I was allowed to wear it. I hope to one day have my own coat of arms to replace this. But how I treated the King it might take some time. But it seems we are both in the same boat so to speak, I heard the arch mage was up set with you."

"Well hope those who bear that symbol also fair well; as with the Arch Mage, it was a clash of cultures and misunderstanding; nothing more. As a newcomer to these lands, one usually has shields in front of the king against such obvious attacks if ill intent is mentioned from where I come from." He nodded, then clasped his hands. "Are you new yourself, or are you a local of the lands then?"

"You have to look at it this way, young sir, that your intention are unknown. The King has many guards, those in blue tabard are the Kings Guard, as well he had two of the highest ranked mages next to him. He was safe." Putting down the wine glass. "I am, as you said, a local of these lands. I think you will find most humans are, the other races are from different lands."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back