A Grand Parade!

tolgar undershaft

Artisan
San Francisco Staff
Hello all Sir Tolgar Undershaft here calling for your help. As some of you might know I have come up with a way to call forth the lost spirits to the circle. To do so though I need your help. The next time we gather I need as many instrument players as possible. Even if you can hum, play the spoons, clap along, or if you can play a more tricky instrument like the drums, guitar, or the Shunarian goat jar. Please let me know if you are willing to come join in and help the lost souls of this land.

Thank you
Sir Tolgar Undershaft

I am interested in how you can call forth lost spirits to the circle. Is the a magical effect? Or is it just that spirits can hear sounds the way the rest of us hear sounds and this might draw them to here? Is this a one time thing or can we repeat this ritual on a regular basis to get more spirits? In any case, I am willing to help - I do not play an instrument but I do sing with my voice. Perhaps I could write a song to tell the spirits why they should come.

-Andrew

You have me drum anytime you need it. I Have various other instruments as well but not enough hands to handle them all. I will bring them at next gather, perhaps a bit of practice between those playing may be best before next gather? Just a thought.

-Embrawk Hematite of the Quails and the Order of the New Moon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just to make sure it gets passed around:

Your idea has been suggested before I believe we have some methods that would result in a mass resurrection of people, perhaps even multiple at once however there are some extremely major issues with it.

1. A great number of people (I can get statistics for you if you are interested) resurrect with 'resurrection sickness.' What causes it appears to be a combination of factors including the long time in death and pre-death trauma. The issue is that it is a long lasting medical condition which requires active treatment. Some people become depressed, some have violent outbursts, hallucinatory episodes, and some are even catatonic. They are (mostly, so far) curable, but it takes time (anything from weeks to months) and sometimes the intervention of people with mental abilities of which we have very few. We do not have the resources at present to handle a flood of hundreds of people with the sickness.

2. Our food and other supplies are finite. So far we have been able to increase our food production to keep up with the resurrection rate (right now I and the clerks are working on additional avenues for food production as our population is starting to outpace it again) but again if the resurrection rate increased significantly or we suddenly resurrected more, even a few hundred, we would all starve in very short order.

Bringing the spirits in closer so their resurrection can go more smoothly and maybe help prevent them from slipping further into death is an excellent idea though- and perhaps if the music is tuned in the 'right' way it can be used to help prevent resurrection sickness. Sort of an additional buffer on returning to life to go along with the story.

In service,
Clerk Terren

My people commonly utilize song in our caverns to ensure spirits are drawn while through the circle. They are meant for many voices, and I am only one, but I will lend my one voice as I can.

Squire Vellis Valeriana Tsalarioth, Psychopompos

Back