A new Page in the book

Status
Not open for further replies.
The salt air blew softly in the Dark Elfs face As he stood on the prow of the ship. The soft creaking of timber and the patter of waves beating quietly below him. He gazed out to the horrizen and could see the white cliffs of land justting up from the sea. His keen eyes could pick out a small watchtower on a crest overseeing them and every other ship for countless miles.

He smiled. That tower would never see a Raider coming. Swooping in the night. he thought, My uncle could be ashore in hours before the Watch even knew what was going on. He gazed out again and sighed heavely. It was nice to be out and back on the sea, to have old memories of times spent on his uncles ship come wander back for a bit. He was content, untill the first mate appeared beside him. "It never gets old, that sight. Seeing home for the first time in months." the first mate said, leaning on the rail. He was tall for a human. Almost as tall as the Dark Elf. He was the only one who would talk to the Dark Elf passanger. The rest of the crew either stayed out of the Dark Elfs way or spoke only a few words when needed, and even those seemed forced.

"I thought the sun buggered you people?" Thats what the sailors would call his kind, It seemed to the Dark elf that saying Dark Elf, on a ship, at sea might some home bring a whole fleet down upon them. Silly Sunheads. "It does at times. When the sun is at its highest peak or in the early morn or late eve. For the most part im used to it now." The Dark Elf was always courteous. "I have also traveled some, in my youth. With my House and with my Mother." The Dark Elf looked over at his companion "How many days till we make port?". "Two, if we'er lucky. Three if these ice winds pick up, but have no fear, m'lord, The Bonnes will get you to your port of call." With that the first mate left, back to what ever humans do on ships.

The Bonnes was a good ship, he knew, and when it called in to the port closest to Shadowrose, he knew that this was the one to take. It had cost him almost every thing he had to convince the Captain to take him to Calanda. Twice what it should have, even with the Firstmate vouching for him. It finialy came down to the firstmate telling his Captain that no dark elves would attack if they had one on the ship. A bad luck, good luck charm? Maybe thats why the Dark Elf liked him. All in all The Dark Elf was happy. His journy was close to an end. His House had won the prestiage of being choosen and he had been granted the duty of representing his people. He patted the sachel that hung at his side.

With that thought in his head, his mood had changed, he tuned and walked toward the steps to the hold. Time to go scare some half breeds, he thought as he decended from the deck.

You hear a voice in your head. It's female.
You can only make out 2 words ASTRAL... TRAPPED....

Your world closes in around you, filled with blackness.

OOG: You are rendered unconcious.

Waking you notice the stars are above you. The ship's crew begins to stir. Everyone is moving slowly, delicatley. The ship has been adrift for several hours and nearly into port. Too far you realize! With a loud CRACK the ship slams into the pier and many who were just getting up are thrown violently to the deck. The damage may be extensive as the Captain and helmsman frantically try to turn the ship port to avoid more catastrophic damage. The grinding of wood on wood nearly send you into tears. The headache you have will take hours to go away.

Picking him self up, The Dark Reaches for his head. Pain and pressure causeing him to lose his balance as the ship rocks softly in the port. What was that? Astral? Who's Trapped? Owww. To many thoughts. The Dark Elf steadied him self and helped a few of the crew get back on their feet. He looked up and could see the Both the Captain and the First Mate staring at him. One with surprise the other with fury. Orders were soon barked, and men were back to work, though a little slower then before.

The Dark Elf pushed past the crew to gather his things. He made his way back up to the deck and on to shore. He made his way to the Harbour Master. With a knock at the door "Many Pardons, Master, but can you tell me if this post has a Portal to Calanhelm?", The Dark Elf flinches from the Pain " Or can you tell me where the next quickest one is?"

"A Portal eh? Well, not one that can be travelled through any time a person wants too, no. That's for attuned members of that Sanctum group. If ya need to get to the capital quick, I'd wager the 'Shael's Maiden' is the one you want." he points up the docks to a large paddle wheeled cruiser. "They say her wheel's powered by a Water Elemental. She's fast, but pricey. A Crown gets you a state room. A Comet gets you on her. Good luck Master Elf. She leaves in an hour or so and the trip will take you into Calanhelm by the evening. Otherwise, its a 2 day hard march up to the City." with that the Harbour Master goes back to the task of damage control in his port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back