A Question for YOU!

You Must Choose But one! (Which site would you rather play at based only on the below options?)

• Larger play Area (bigger cabin each in their own area) With Indoor bathrooms but no Shower and lesse

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Smaller Play Area with plenty of cabin space/one tavern building all close together, Indoor bath and

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lurin

Duke
Happily our insurance is nearly in place (just waiting on a confirmation e-mail!) This means we'll be looking at scheduling our First weekend event in May of this year soon. So from a purely opinion stance please answer the poll if you would like (or leave a write in vote below...or both!) Weekends will of course be scheduled on cost, availablity and other factors, but I'd like a line on which people would prefer.

For those playing makeup races... and for those who sweat when they play Alliance LARP - showers are VERY nice. Especially before a long drive home.

i dig on the make-up/shower combination, that's nigh a health issue, but the sweat thing, i have to disagree. part of the Alley fun IS running around and playing in the mud - getting a little dirty makes it for all the better experience. i have to be buttoned down, spruiced, coiffed, and proper every day for the office, but at Alliance that's all to the wind when the first goblin rolls up over the hill. having too many amenities ruins a fundamental aspect of the game (the people who have a seven hour drive home with me afterward might disagree, but ¡nertz to them!)

I recommend baby wipes for the "shower" without running water thing... When I was doing my camping in the desert it was almost impossible to get clean and baby wipes did the trick well.

I have a 7 hour drive home...and I agree with you John anyways. Plus the dirty car ride is all part of the experience :D

I would like to have a larger play area I think, depending on what the terrain is like. Though having a full kitchen for nice food would be awesome I know that there are times when I wont eat for a whole day because I am so into the game...just don't get hungry, and i know that Ryan will provide great food no matter what the facilities. :D

So I vote more space (but that is only if the space is dynamic and cool...not 5 miles of fields...>.<)

Kevar said:
I have a 7 hour drive home...and I agree with you John anyways. Plus the dirty car ride is all part of the experience :D

I would like to have a larger play area I think, depending on what the terrain is like. Though having a full kitchen for nice food would be awesome I know that there are times when I wont eat for a whole day because I am so into the game...just don't get hungry, and i know that Ryan will provide great food no matter what the facilities. :D

So I vote more space (but that is only if the space is dynamic and cool...not 5 miles of fields...>.<)

That's good and all for people who don't sweat... and I can deal myself with the sweat and dirt... but out of compassion for the people who would have to deal with me like that - hence the shower.

I agree wholeheartedly. The makeup job I put on for Shin isn't the most complex I've ever seen at an Alliance game, but it has theater-grade antiperspirant and two layers of barrier spray beyond at least two layers of pancake and details in liquid makeup. And that is if I'm not using the prosthetic. Between that and a full weekend of hauling around armor over costume over baselayer colored clothing, I really have a hard time being willing to drive several hours into the next state over to play without the availability of a shower.

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I like my discomfort to be restricted to when I'm playing, not so much the ride home and several days after.

Fynwei said:
I play a full makeup and prosthetic race, haven't needed to take a shower, just bring a washcloth/babywipes. Also, ever heard of a sponge bath?

That's fine and dandy for you, but the two of us prefer a shower, so we can feel human again after we've spent our weekends as other races.

I don't think anyone is going to say they don't WANT showers, alas in Larping, as with everything else in life, we cannot have it all, all the time ^.^ Thus the poll, I'm just looking to get a feeling of which option of the above people would prefer at first glance.

Meh, honestly as someone who plays extreme high makeup race. (Dark Elf) I don't generally even use showers when they are there. The reason is that I don't really trust foreign (site) showers and wipes/water usually is fine for a little bit of immediate clean up...

Exactly, besides, it is much more fun to go to afters with makeup on!

(what I meant by spongebath is that I clean everywhere I can with my washcloth that I need to in the sink... usually warmer than a shower too)

Fynwei said:

(what I meant by spongebath is that I clean everywhere I can with my washcloth that I need to in the sink... usually warmer than a shower too)

That may work well for a smaller person... but Kiefer and I are bigger guys. That'd be one really long sponge bath. Simpler for showers.

Oh - and I thought makeup at the post-game lunch was cool too - till I had servers asking if I was sick or had leprosy because of the green. Not cool.

I don't know, I had a guy at dennys identify me as the 'turtle hulk' after the halloween game...so it can't be all bad :D

That was awesome... I think everyone tipped that guy alot, especially Dave... Mental note if you want money from Dave appeal to his vanity.

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Fynwei said:

That may work well for a smaller person... but Kiefer and I are bigger guys. That'd be one really long sponge bath. Simpler for showers.

And we both play active fighters in coats of plates. Armor is not the world's most efficient cooling system. I can survive quite well without a shower, but given the choice, I really prefer one. :)

Wraith said:
Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Fynwei said:

And we both play active fighters in coats of plates. Armor is not the world's most efficient cooling system. I can survive quite well without a shower, but given the choice, I really prefer one. :)

I can survive too... as for the people who have to share the van with me though... no comment.

My biggest interest really is the space. If I have an option that would allow more play space. I'll forgo the amenity's to gain that advantage. Otherwise obviously if the choice is just, shower or no shower with no other differences I'd pick shower... ;) I'll make things a little harder on myself for (what sounds like) a nicer game spot. But just my two cents...

Back