A request to the nobility of New Acarthia regarding Dargok

Thorgrim

Artisan
Now that Dargok has been turned into undead yet again, can we finally put an end to this charade and end the threat that he poses to our lands?

I fought Dargok, in honorable combat and defeated him. I took his sword and brought it back to my lands, where I coated it with silver, and asked my people to make peace with him. I put my own reputation on the line, telling the kings and queens of the clans that we should live and let live with Dargok that he has learned from his mistakes and seeks to live a life of honor and peace.

I returned to these lands and before his duel with Sark, I returned the sword which I had taken from him, that he may use it to defeat Sark and prove he is the changed man he says he is. I was not present for the duel, but I have heard enough. Instead of taking up the sword of peace that I offered him, he once again turned to his necromantic dragon toy to use in the duel and no surprise, Sark used it against him.

Dargok's intentions no longer matter. Time and time again his questionable decision making has resulted in death and destruction, both of his people and ours. He has now become undead twice. The latest time, he willingly used a necromantic artifact in combat which resulted in this. The laws of our land are clear in what should be done.

The tribes of the howling woods deserve a better leader, not someone who has now been bested twice in combat, not someone who is foolish enough to make himself a puppet of dark powers. I encourage the honorable members of the Gnarltusk and other tribes to heed my words. Dargok will bring nothing but more death and destruction to your people and ours as long as he lives. The best way to move forward towards a peaceful accord between our peoples is to bury the past, and Dargok with it.

Hear hear,

While I have opted in the past to keep my opinion on Acarthian relationships with Dargok private, this is the second time he has opted to use the disgusting power of necromancy. We have executed scores of others for lesser crimes, and Dargok should not be allowed to continue to violate the lands for his own gain. This is no longer a matter of politicking, but a matter of polluting the lands that we hold dear.

Percy

Please correct me if I misunderstand your request, Thorgrim, but I presume that your hope with this message is to entreat the nobility who routinely travel to New Acarthia to cease any efforts at peace-making with Dargok, including any efforts to restore him to mortality via a Gift of Life ritual?

I am typically of a mindset that every person deserves a second chance, but...at this point, we have done just that with Dargok; although he has tried to work with our people, he has continued to refuse our counsel, and his choices have led to his own doom. It is clear that - regardless of his good intentions - Dargok represents a danger to Acarthia, and must be treated as such.

Baron Darius,

I am suggesting a step farther than not administering a gift of life and simply killing him. It is my recommendation that obliteration is the best option to finally end the Dargok problem, or doing whatever is necessary to ensure that he dies his final death, and that the accursed artifact (which I believe is spirit locked to him) goes as well. As long as that artifact exists and is linked to him he is a serious threat, but even without the necromantic weapon, I believe that his questionable judgment jeopardizes not only Acarthians but his own people.

Thousand Bones agrees. Bones has seen bad choice after bad choice made by the so called leader of the Howling Woods. Bones has seen lives wasted needlessly at the hands of Dargok's decisions. Bones would see Dargok removed from power. And Bones would see himself in his stead.

Hear this High Orcs request... Bones will be the new champion of the Howling Woods. And Bones will bring a much needed peace to these troubled times. But Bones cannot do this alone. He needs the help of those he calls friends and allies. Would you help this chieftain in his quest?

Thousand Bones
Chieftain of the Bleeding Eye

The ogres believe that Dargok's Sword will attach itself to the next person who touches it, should Dargok die -- again.

Dame Katherine Albright
Rivervale

Reactions: Kix
Back