A small piece of business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greimalk

Biester Tal stands at the door of his small home, obviously nervous as he calls out loudly for his friend and assistant, the MWE Clover. Just as his call fades upon the air, he spies her sauntering around the corner of the house, a mischevious smile on her lips. All Tal can do is shake his head and mutter under his breathe " Again today?", to which she smiles even more broadly and sways her hips. Tal beckons her closer and hands her a folded, sealed letter and a handful of coins; "Clover, you are to seek out the pretty Gypsy girl Ilsa and give her this letter and half the coins. She has agreed to perform a task for me but I cannot remain much longer in Parson's Breach as i will be returning to our homeland soon. Try not to let too many people see you about this task and make sure it reachs her hand and her's alone, she is too perform a very special service for me...

Kissing Clover on the forehead, Tal's eyes can be seen to be misted " I have left enough coin to cover all your expenses and needs till my return plus a little something for all you have done for me. If I have not returned in 7 weeks time I would bid you seek a new companion as I will most likely have joined my dear parents in the next world....

Picking up his pack, Tal turns one possibly final time to look at Parson's Breach and wonders what the future will hold if his next two encounters happen .....

A tear slowly slips from Clover's eye as she watches Tal go.

she whispers on the wind "swift journey, and safe return my Love.."

She slips the envelope and coin into her bag grabs her cloak and sets out seeking the Gypsy. As she walks she begins to smile, there will be lots to do while Tal is away, she cannot think about him not coming back, no she wont think on it. Better to be positive. There will be much learning. She wondered if she could find someone to keep her company in the meantime, with her friend and protector gone.

The following post has been pre-approved by the parties involved as well as Plot

Sitting inside the tavern, Ilsa opens the note Clover has given her to read it once more; properly this time. She would have preferred to speak to Tal face to face on such a matter, though it doesn’t bother her too much considering she will be finishing the task on her own either way. She tosses the note and all but one of the coins into her bag, leaving a silver next to her empty cup.

Making her way out of the tavern, Ilsa bumps directly into Aengus.

"You," Aengus shouts, "I have a bone to pick with you!"

"uh-oh", Ilsa says, eyes growing wide. "Lo'gosh, Help!" she yells over his shoulder.

Aengus turns to see absolutely no one. He cringes at the sound of the tavern door slamming behind him. Running into the tavern, he makes a beeline for Ilsa. she knocks a table down behind her as she passes; candles slamming to the floor. Unable to avoid the table, Aengus stumbles to the ground.

"Sorry" she says with a smile, darting out the back door. With a grunt Aengus lunges forward, kicking his feet back under him as he follows his mark out of the tavern.

As he passes through the exit, all he can see is a feeble cloaked figure resting by the door.

"Which way did she go?" he says, his voice hoarse and exasperated. The figure slightly tilts its head in his direction.

"THE GIRL, WHERE DID SHE GO?!" Aengus yells. The figure slowly lifts its right hand across its body, pointing towards the Eastern woods. Aengus jaunts forward at full speed, not wanting to lose her.

"That was close," Ilsa states under her breath as she watches Angus disappear into the trees and returns the cloak to her bag. She makes her way past the open fire, giving an innocent 'hello' to the townsfolk who sit there as she tosses the note in the fire and carries on down the path and out of sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back