A strange sound is hear throughout the dreaming

Morse code says this.

MY VISIONS SHOW SOMETHING TERRIBLE IN THE FUTURE. THEY ARE SO STRONG THAT I HAVE LOST MY ABILITY OF FORESIGHT. I FEAR THE WORST MAY BE TO COME. SINCE YOU HAVE YET TO ARRIVE I SHALL FIND A WAY TO BRING YOU HERE.

Migs Ze Rycha Voda

Last edited:
Goodman Voda,

Is there any indication as to the origin of this message? There are precious few known prognosticators within Terna, and even fewer who can reach out across the Dreaming with such potency. Even so, knowledge of the seer would be useful in determining the threat.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I have no idea but I will keep my ears open and I know Lady Lidia is working on it and few things can escape her gaze when her mind is set to a task.

Migs Ze Rycha Voda

In January 320, this transpired:

The Flaming Skull Tavern has had arcane manipulations cast by Solar of Peace Yolan Vassil and Mercurian Master Fizzybang Bassdrawp. They attempted to weave magics allowing the Flaming Skull Tavern to safely and on command transport the adventurers anywhere inside the Prademar Mist Sphere including the variouis planes and demiplanes. But Something Went Gone Horribly Wrong!! Yolan Vassil was split into multiple pieces of himself and Fizzybang is just plain missing. Also the ritual did absolutely nothing. Or did it?

Then in March 320 the message was sent through the dreaming:

WJBFB EN QI MISICHI YFBNBIXB JBFB EI CMF LENW NYJBFB. LU EIWBFAELBINECIQR XCMIWBFYQFW OEKKUVQIP EN VBEIP JBRA XQYWEDB NCLBHJBFB. E OBQF JEN LBFB YFBNBIXB HERR AENFMYW WJB ICFLQR HCFSEIPN CO CMF RQIA. EO NCLBCIB JQN XQYWMFBA JEL OCF IBOQFECMN YMFYCNBN, E OBQF OCF WJB OQWB CO VCWJ CMF FBQRLN. YRBQNB XCLB OBWXJ JEL QW UCMF BQFREBNW XCIDBIEBIXB.
-VEKKUOQIP

Which fully translated to this:

THERE IS AN UNKNOWN PRESENCE HERE IN OUR MIST SPHERE. MY INTERDIMENSIONAL COUNTERPART FIZZYBANG IS BEING HELD CAPTIVE SOMEWHERE. I FEAR HIS MERE PRESENCE WILL DISRUPT THE NORMAL WORKINGS OF OUR LAND. IF SOMEONE HAS CAPTURED HIM FOR NEFARIOUS PURPOSES, I FEAR FOR THE FATE OF BOTH OUR REALMS. PLEASE COME FETCH HIM AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE. -BIZZYFANG

At which point I asked Bizzyfang if we could help and received no information. I suspect that Fizzybang is somehow trapped in the parallel shard. The fragments of Solar Vassil are a human, a Vornae and a Sylvan Born. If memory serves there are four shards of Vassil on different planes. I do not have that information available. This is all I have currently.

Thank you,
Matron FallingStar

does this have to do with the following dreaming from earlier?

Matron Fallingstar, we talked about this last decade. The Guild located the unique Scroll, the 'Glance from a Glacier' Catalyst, and the planets are aligned. The planar instability will be fixed as soon as King Grimlock✧・゚: *✧・゚:* is named Emperor of Ternia week after next. There's nothing at all to worry about. I was just telling Elder Amber last night✧・゚: *✧・゚:* that Dread Lord Migs is exactly the kind of Formalist to take on this kind of tricky Necromantic Ritual and in no way✧・゚: *✧・゚:* will Fae Lord Sam, assuming he's back from his Summer Palace, be in danger of losing his Flaming Skull tavern, or anything else on Duke Ragnarok's land for that matter. Well, not in any more danger than✧・゚: *✧・゚:* would normally be expected from the Spider Island Lavaspiders invading from the sea. Honestly apprentice, it's as though you never listened when Admiral, Sir Aramis taught you navigation. It's a simply matter of✧・゚: *✧・゚:* preparing for the end, my White Queen. Elder Dracolich Hook will ascend and swallow Ternia within the hour,✧・゚: *✧・゚:* but after five decades of peace and prosperity under Blood King Thargatian✧・゚: *✧・゚:* and with the help of the Supreme Leader against the Underdark invasion✧・゚: *✧・゚:* were there always three suns in ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* drums in the deep! Fly, you fools✧・゚: *✧・゚:*and now to throw wide the Doors of ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*bigger on the insi✧・゚: *✧・゚:* what's happened to my arms and✧・゚: *✧・゚:*think something might have gone wro✧・゚: *✧・゚:*of course I know what I'm doing! It's always the green✧・゚: *✧・゚:* gives sanction for Solar Vassil and I to complete our Ritual Anchoring the tavern to this realm and securing the Portal. Planehopping is really not that complicated. At any rate, I must be off - and remember, you still owe me three Fangstooth. Don't think I forgot.

-Master Celestialist and Mercurian Master of Dangers Effanineffable! (much better than Solar of Peace anyway, not that I'm bitter), Fizzybyang BASSDRAWP!

Migs Ze Rycha Voda

Migs,

You are correct. This happened around the same time in 320.

Matron FallingStar

Setting aside the oddity of a coded message in a medium that is ostensibly a direct mental connection, is there a reason why the message is not in Common? It seems unusual to send out a distress call in a way that is not patently obvious. We know the Olothen are able to mask their communications by employing their connected Spirits, could this be a ruse on their part?

I suppose the easiest solution is to seek the source. Has anyone set eyes on the Master Celestialist of late? I understand he can be eccentric and capricious at times. He and the Celestial Guild might have the most details. If the Flaming Skull was the focus of this ritual, the occupants therein might also have knowledge. Does the Company have any knowledge of these disturbances?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Well, that's a creepy message. I was going to check out this Westhaven everyone and their not-dead mothers talk about but I guess I'll see what this danger message is.

Come to think of it, where should we be going?

Oh right, hey dreaming world, can you hear me?

My aunts told me to not dream but 8 years is long enough to do the thing they told me not to do.

So, hi? I'm Maiev (My-Ehv).

How does this work, can you hear me, as I hear you?

Messages are strange and all. Guess I'll join you all and see what this is about.

Though I've never talked to actual people outside of my aunts so...wait, you CAN hear me right?

I also have nothing to do with this creepy bleep bloop bleep message so don't ask.

- Maiev

Master Dramathin,

We have not seem him since his ritual left the Flaming Skull in shambles. Nor have we heard of anyone else spotting him. Not that it is that unusual for him to disappear without a trace.

Renshi Ignathis Nachtfeuer
Head Chef of the Company

Back