A Stranger made of mist

Lurin

Duke
<Plot Note - As all new characters to HearthGlen come from other lands your character may have had this encounter as something is clearly trying to send it's message through the mists, the figure is encounters in various places in any land, or in your dreams in a lifelike vision. In all cases the form is clearly humanoid but made out of churning mists, making it impossible to distinguish features, clothing, or even the race of the presenter as mists very akin to that which border each land seem to be battling to return the figure back to whence it came. -end Plot Note>

I am Adelaide. I am currently the most powerful being in my realm, HearthGlen, but this will not be true for long. In the Spring my powers will reach their height and I will be able to open the mists for the first time in millennia and allow MistWalkers, those with Adventuring Spirits, to enter this land. My reasons for doing this are two-fold.

During my time, this land has flourished and become full of beauty and bounty such that it could serve a host of newcomers without taking away from the current residents. More importantly, my lands have been closed off and inhospitable to visitors for too long.

But I must warn you: Once I part the mists, my power will dissipate rapidly. As a flower blooms, so it must wilt and surrender to the cycle, nothing more than a petal on the breeze. In the end I will be left virtually powerless and this land, my home, will be a world in flux. Many powers will arise and try to claim HearthGlen and I implore you, brave Adventurers, to enter the fray! Please, help guide this war in such a way where the lands and peoples of HearthGlen will still prosper. Even if I retained my powers, I am forbidden from interfering. So I ask you to do so on my behalf.

If you accept my invitation, when the time comes, venture into the mists and to this land that will so need your assistance.

It’s a beautiful world, and I hope some of you will grow to love and cherish it as much as I do. I shall see you when the snows melt and the mists part. Farewell and thank you.

Back