A Wild Vancouverite Appears

Amber-Rose

Your OOC forum is so much tidier than ours, I'm sorry if you don't like non-standard threads posted here. I will not be offended if this post is immediately moved or deleted, I just wasn't sure where to make it OuO;; .

So... hi! My name is Amber-Rose, mostly known as "Canada" down in Alliance Seattle and Oregon where I usually play. I met some of you guys at the national event. I've been wanting to come to one of your events for a while and it is looking like I might just be able to make the October one. (Pretty slim chance right now, to be honest, given that I work retail and I'm taking two weekends off in November for events, but in case it goes through I didn't want to wait until the last minute.)

Right now it looks like I'll be driving -- honestly, it's only about three hours longer than my trip to Oregon -- but I may end up just flying in. If I do, I'm hoping that there might be a member of the local community who might be able to pick a stray Canadian up on the way to game OuO . A taxi to the event from the airport would probably be more expensive than the flight, lol. Again, it's probably a non-issue between work scheduling issues and the probability that I'd be driving if I do come, but, I wanted to reach out. Just in case.

So, yeah.

Hi!

Hey amber-rose, I don't see it beeing an issue catching a ride at all. And no this is a good place to post the request. I think as long as it's larp related all posts are good here within reason

There are plenty of people who drives other out, so I am sure it would be no issue.

If you join our Facebook page as well, people start asking for rides about 1-2 weeks before the event, as we are more active there than on the forums.

You picked an interesting event to come by, that's for sure!

PM sent!

Sorry I should have posted here sooner! As I suspected, I was not able to get the weekend off to come to this event but I am going to try and make it to the next one that doesn't conflict with my local chapters or Guide camps. Thank you all for your awesome response here and to those of you contacted me directly. I meant to post here last week to confirm that I wouldn't be able to make it but I forgot to write it in my planner and shockingly I forgot x___x .

You guys are great and I'm glad to know that when I can make it out I wont be stranded ;u; .

Just be warned, if you're planning to come out in November - it's likely to be a snowy and cold event!
Not nearly as temperate as the coast you are accustomed to, unless we happen to get another freakishly warm month like last year, or a random Chinook...

Either way, we are happy to have you at any time!

Back