Aid to the Passwall Campaign

Greetings and Salutations from the front lines of Passwall!

As some of you may know, I have been aiding Chief Tanno on his campaign to push our way to Noxfell, the former capital of Passwall and the likely source of the undead invasion. Recently, we have run into a bit of a pickle. A banshee has slowed our advancement, taking out any force we send to dispatch it. The chief has asked me to gather a group to take out this threat and clear the area.

I know a little bit about banshees like they have a deadly wail. I think they will need to be solidified too? Any and all information from previous experience would be appreciated.

~Lorelei

I can offer my aid, give me an Earth Blade and that banshee is history!

- Durinn of Elk, Second Lieutenant of Diregrasp

In the past, Draco's Aegis was able to attune to undead and protect from things like the wail of a banshee. Perhaps it could be attuned to these lands if a font of power were known.

Ignathis

Solidifies and Blades enhanced with earthen magic work well against Banshees. I imagine if the wail is your concern a silence or two may be helpful but I have no information regarding the effectiveness of Cursing a Banshee.

If memory serves the last time I fought a banshee it would re-animate undead whenever it wailed so a focused effort was needed, were you able to witness the effects of the wail?
I can provide support with both Solidifies and an Earthen Hammer. Let me know if you would like my support and when you anticipate taking down this foe and I will prepare accordingly.

FF

Iggy is correct. The more I can learn about this specific banshee, the better I can attune my aegis to this threat. Sadly what we may know about a banshee from Prademar may be completely different in this new world. Regardless, you have my Aegis.

May your Hearthfire burn eternal and your tankard endless!

~Hearthguard Draco O'Dell

Last edited:
Lorelei,
It seems My return to the adventuring community in this relative area is timed well. I am not the fighter I once was but I will be ready to help deal with the new lands in which we adventure's undead problems.

May the best days be upon you in all matters you attend to.
-Guardian Katrina Taliss
Guild master of the Moonlight Sentinels

Lorelei,

A Monster Slayer can be spell crafted. If you have access to the scroll and reagents I will spell craft it for you. Additionally a Stake of Woe, although, not as potent against other types of undead as a vampire. It is still incredibly useful and you may want to consider having it casts on individuals of your choosing.

Please let me know how I can assist.

Lady FallingStar

Scholar Beinae-Stormwolf,

The ban sidhe are speakers for the dead. They often wail for their lost family or those taken from them through force and violence. They lash out at those they feel are intruding on their grief or those they feel are responsible. Sometimes they attack simply to feel warmth of life once again.

The razing of Noxfell was a bloody and disastrous affair sundering life and families. Unburied bodies, shattered family hearths, siblings separated by war can all lead a Spirit to rend the balance and return as a specter. Spirits in death often echo their life through clothing, actions, and speech. What does this creature say or do that might offer clues on her history?

While Count Tanno may be seeking a military solution, it is entirely possible that soothing this creature's terrified and wounded spirit might go farther in clearing this impediment from the march of progress. You may not be able to avoid battle entirely, but you might be able to minimize it and maybe even bring her and her family a measure of peace.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Scholar Beinae-Stormwolf,

The ban sidhe are speakers for the dead. They often wail for their lost family or those taken from them through force and violence. They lash out at those they feel are intruding on their grief or those they feel are responsible. Sometimes they attack simply to feel warmth of life once again.

The razing of Noxfell was a bloody and disastrous affair sundering life and families. Unburied bodies, shattered family hearths, siblings separated by war can all lead a Spirit to rend the balance and return as a specter. Spirits in death often echo their life through clothing, actions, and speech. What does this creature say or do that might offer clues on her history?

While Count Tanno may be seeking a military solution, it is entirely possible that soothing this creature's terrified and wounded spirit might go farther in clearing this impediment from the march of progress. You may not be able to avoid battle entirely, but you might be able to minimize it and maybe even bring her and her family a measure of peace.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I am hoping to ask more questions before we are sent off. Unfortunately, there isn't much from my report since most units do not make it back from encountering the banshee and for those that do, I am sure it's difficult to speak about after you watch all your friends die. We need to remember that the razing of Passwall as a whole isn't a war of the past, but something that is actively happening. We might not have time to do much before we need to act. But I agree with you on principle. I need to see what we can do to research and investigate before we attack.

I don't know how much help I can offer, but my own journey leads me towards Passwall, specifically West Passwall. You have my weapons. If you come across any remaining members of the Stonesmelt Clan, let me know.

Eli

Back