Alchemist for hire

Lynx

Hello to all,

My name is Lynx Paragrue and I will be returning to the area in a months time. I am offering up my services as an alchemist to anyone in need of them. If you are interested please let me know and we can discuss prices later.

Thank you very much.

Lynx Paragrue,

I would very much like to discuss these prices in person the next time you and your fellow sojourners arrive in town. If the whispers in the dream are true then it should be very soon. I will be the handsome Ratkyn, with the greatest hair you've ever seen. Likely will be in the tavern. That's where the drinks are.

Yours Truly,
Tal-Herroth

Are you available to make 100 production points of potions Friday of the April 2016 gather? If so how much coin will it cost and when do I need to let you know what potions I want?

Kelb

Kelb,
What doe you need for the potions? I can also help with some of the elixirs that you may need though I will want to make a few of my own at the April gather.

Equitem Sprig

Kelb,
What doe you need for the potions? I can also help with some of the elixirs that you may need though I will want to make a few of my own at the April gather.

Equitem Sprig
Sprig,

I remember making your acquaintance. I did not know you made potions. I think Lord Polare will be filling my most immediate needs. But if not, when would I need to get an order to you by and could you make 100 points of potions or elixirs? Mostly cure light wounds, but some other protective and cures as well.

Kelb

Master Kelb,

Just to ensure that confusion does not exist in your trades, Equitem Sprig does not make Potions. She does, however, make Elixirs. They are both imbibed, but the difference is that Elixirs are alchemical (and have more limited healing capabilities), where Potions are...in a sense...bottled Earth magic.

As an example, an Alchemist could make the following Elixirs:

Cure Light Damage (which is as strong as a Cure Light Wounds spell)
Antidote (which can remove effects that alter your ability to function, such as Laugh, Nausea, Vertigo, Feeblemind, Intoxicate, and Paranoia)
Poison Shield (which despite being an Earth spell, cannot be placed in a Potion, only an Elixir)

A Potion Maker, however, can make a number of effects, such as healing or protectives. This is not to say that Alchemists cannot assist in supplementing you with healing items, but they tend to lack the specialization that a Potion Maker provides.

I hope that helps.

-Dominus Zeth

Master Kelb,

Just to ensure that confusion does not exist in your trades, Equitem Sprig does not make Potions. She does, however, make Elixirs. They are both imbibed, but the difference is that Elixirs are alchemical (and have more limited healing capabilities), where Potions are...in a sense...bottled Earth magic.

As an example, an Alchemist could make the following Elixirs:

Cure Light Damage (which is as strong as a Cure Light Wounds spell)
Antidote (which can remove effects that alter your ability to function, such as Laugh, Nausea, Vertigo, Feeblemind, Intoxicate, and Paranoia)
Poison Shield (which despite being an Earth spell, cannot be placed in a Potion, only an Elixir)

A Potion Maker, however, can make a number of effects, such as healing or protectives. This is not to say that Alchemists cannot assist in supplementing you with healing items, but they tend to lack the specialization that a Potion Maker provides.

I hope that helps.

-Dominus Zeth

Thank you for the information/clarification.

Kleb

The difference between a cause light damage potion and elixir is small yet extremely important. That being, for if you don't already know, that the potion version is a form of necromancy and the scourge of the world and the elixir is just a mixture of components.

Technically, one is cause light wounds, and one is cause light damage. There is no such thing as a cause light damage potion, only an elixir; there is similarly no such thing as a cause light wounds elixir, only a potion.

-Lord Polare Lissenstine

Back