All Horrors Eve and How you can Prepare

KeelyBrenna

Dear citizens of the Hollow,

For those who have not been within our Bastion before on an All Horrors Eve, I wanted to warn you that as this day approaches the veil between our world and the realms of the Dead become quite thin and the undead tend to become even more powerful than usual. Especially this year, when the Shadowlands seem to be bleeding into our own, we must be prepared. Expect to see more undead than usual, especially spectral ones. Expect them to be more powerful than usual, and to travel in larger groups than we are used to. I can tell you as I have remained in the Hollow this last month, that I have already begun to see some of this coming to pass even earlier than usual, and I highly expect our current predicament with the Shadowlands is to blame.

One thing to be especially forewarned of is that at this time of year Wards and Circles of Power sometimes begin to fail. Undead can often walk right through them, again the spectral undead seem more likely to do so. One thing that has proven to work in the past is to carve a pumpkin in a scary visage, place a light source within, and place it at the entrance to where you are staying. For some reason, the undead seem to be wary of such things. I have even seen people be able to walk around with small carved pumpkins and the undead to back away from them instead of attacking, though I would not rely exclusively on this method of getting around. Though we did have trouble one year with the Pumpkins attacking us, we believe this was due to the influence of the plane of the Asylum and it's Keeper attempting to destroy us, and since that plane has been destroyed we believe I am hopeful this will not be the case again.

In any case, it is my duty to make sure that the Hollow and it's citizens are kept in good health, and I impress upon you the importance of being prepared at this dangerous time of year. I turn to my fellow twice-born to please pass on any additional information I may have missed.

With Sincerity
~Guildmistress Keely Quinn Brenna-Erinelenath
Chiram's Hollow Healers Guild

Back