Alliance in the Fall

Will you go to Lazy Acres in Rye for the September event?

• Hell yea! You can't rip me away from Larp no matter the drive!

• I won't go because it's too far. Let's not game in September.

• I won't go because it's too far for me, but let those game who want to travel there.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks,

Since the current site we play on has been bought, there is a strong chance that we will not be playing at Magic Sky in Sept-Nov.

To that end, I'd like to elicit some feedback for your desires for the game:

In September, we have a choice of going to Lazy Acres, a bit of a drive to the south in Rye, Colorado (2:15 drive - 144 miles south of Denver)... or not playing at all.

In October, we have the choice of renting out the castle again and possibly doing a faire day on the grounds or in a state park nearby... OR... renting out some farm land where we would run a faire/mod day. The place I am looking into has a barn and an outdoor tavern.

November, we will be back at Sky High!

Bummer to hear about the site, but let's definitely get a game going still!!!

Also, I'd like to point out that we DEFINITELY need to do an October game, a year without a ball would be such a tragedy! It's by far one of our most popular games, and we have a bunch of people who want to fly in for it.

I agree. We really do need an October game even if just for the ball. Maybe we could do some mods during the day Saturday and have the ball that night. If we can get PCs to jump ship for shifts we could run the mods a bit larger than normal to better accommodate larger teams, so that no one feels left out.

I have drill during Sept game, so take it with a grain of salt, but I would still play at Lazy Acres. Sorry for the headache of the extra coordination, but great job getting things worked out.

Given there is a thread for October, going to continue this over there as this thread is for Sept.

Hahaha! A phrase we don't get to use often: pueblo ftw!

Also: does this change any of the dates? Or still planning same weekends?

I'd like to hear from some players who visited Lazy Acres when Dystopia Rising used it. I had heard through the grapevine that "2:15" was much closer to 4 hours, not counting traffic, from north of Denver. That 2 hours figures significantly in my own decisions about the event.

Bueller?

Trace

Lazy Acres is a wonderful site. I genuinely wish it was closer. I have too many things going on in September w/ Downfall and DR and the extra travel time is a deterrent for me, but that's based on my schedule that month, not on the site or Alliance.

That said, here's some of the details for the site that folks might be interested in:

• The cabins are lovely and laid out in little pods. The insides have benches, cubbie holes and some really nice features
  • The tavern is delightful but has a smaller kitchen
  • The site has lots of great spots for tenting
  • There are no flushing toilets on the site. All vault.
  • There are some beautiful fire rings at this site, truly lovely, especially at the 3rd cabin area, it's nestled up against a rock formation.
  • Grizzly is the site keeper! (yay!)
  • Parking requires some.... creativity as there is no parking lot on the site. If you look @ the photos below you'll see we lined the entrance in cars.
  • The woods around the area are lovely and you're 15 minutes from Bishop's castle
  • It's a 3 hour haul from Denver as it's south of Pueblo.
  • There's no wifi or phone signal (not a problem for Alliance)
  • Here's some links to photos of the site for those curious:
  • https://goo.gl/photos/2VTzKfwKFEsMuzfy9
  • https://goo.gl/photos/NLH2SJN89ao4GTig7
  • https://goo.gl/photos/jkyjX3WhNVgy7G3x8

Back in the time before time, I've been to many events at Camp Jackson past Rye.

I like the area for game, and it's not that different for me than Sky High. I love the game being close but I'm also willing to hit the road to be at one.

As for a note on tenting with the recent turn of events, would there be an area for modern tents to be out of sight for us to set up, depending no the numbers?

Back