Alliance LARP Oregon Logistics FAQ

kiarra

Artisan
Welcome to Alliance LARP Oregon! This FAQ is intended to answer many of the common questions received with regards to the Logistics surrounding the operation of our game. If you have a question not on this FAQ I invite you to post a query in the Out of Game forums or send an e-mail to logistics@allianceoregon.com.

• 1. What is Logistics?
    2. Who is Logistics?
    3. What is the expected response time of Logistics?
    4. I haven't heard back from Logistics. What should I do?
    5. Should I send my backstory to Logistics for approval?
    6. How do I donate to the chapter?
    6.1. When will I receive my goblin stamps?
    7. How does Experience work?
    8. What is the Monthly Blanket list?
    9. Do I need to pre-register for an Event?
    10. How do I pre-register for an Event as a PC/NPC?
    10.1. I want to attend an Event at another chapter. What do I need to do?
    11. At an event, when does Logistics take place?
    12. How do I check in at an Event?
    13. Where do I check in if I arrive late?
    14. Do I need to check out if I leave early? Or leave and come back?
    15. What is the process for mid-Event Logistics?
    16. How do Battle Boards work? How should I mark my Battle Board?
    17. How do my "Per Day" skills and items get refreshed at an Event?
    18. How do I get new Skills for my character?
    19. Can I spend Goblin Points during an Event?
    20. Can I spend Build Points during an Event?
    21. I died and need to resurrect. What do I do?
    22. I just cast a Ritual. Where do I put the spent scrolls and reagents? And when do I get the tag?
    23. Do I need to turn anything in at the end of an Event?
    24. Why haven't you guys made an automated web interface?
    25. Why don't you guys use MySQL/PostgreSQL?

1. What is Logistics?
A
: "Logistics" as a term in Alliance LARP can refer to either a team or a process.

As a team, it refers to the personnel who manage all of the logistical resources Alliance LARP utilizes specific to running the game including character / player management, Goblin Stamp management, checking people into game, giving credit for a game, recording Deaths, etc. Generally speaking, if you have a question with regards to your character, your player information, your spell memorization, your Goblin Stamps / Points, your Magic Item data (questions not relating to Plot), donations, new players, and other information related to you playing in Alliance LARP the Logistics personnel is a great place to start.

As a process, it refers to checking in with the Logistics team on-site to ensure your character is ready to be played in-game. This is generally done first before game is called "On" and at least once per day afterward at around 6pm-ish. When checking in the first night of an event you receive your character card and any other pertinent tags / information related to your character. Subsequent check-ins over the weekend refresh your per-day skills and grant you whatever bonuses you normally get per-day, such as 1 silver per day per Craftsman or Production based off your Alchemy, Blacksmith, Create Potion, Create Scroll, or Create Trap skills.

2. Who is Logistics?
A:
Currently, the Logistics personnel consist of Leigh-Ann Magill (username kiarra on these forums).

You can contact Alliance LARP Oregon Logistics at logistics@allianceoregon.com.

A:
Every Wednesday logistics will be responded to and handled. The goal is to have a response time of three (3) days, but sometimes that isn't realistic as the Logistics personnel are volunteers and have a life outside this organization, including full-time work, school, family, and other obligations that may not have convenient access to the internet.

A:
If you expected a response and haven't received one in a week send a PM to username kiarra on these forums. If you still do not receive a response feel free to contact the Owner, Cymryc Moon (e-mail owner@allianceoregon.com ), the Plot team ( oregonplot@gmail.com ), or the Community Representative, Carmen (playerrep@allianceoregon.com).

A:
No. Please send your backstory to oregonplot@gmail.com and they will notify Logistics when the backstory has been approved.

A:
First off, thanks for donating! Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to donate:

• 1. Review the Donations and Props Wishlist for things we want / need.

2. Find a thing you want to donate. Please keep in mind quality! We would rather have one super cool high quality reusable thing than ten cheap low quality things that will break after being used once or twice. We reserve the right to say "No thanks".

3. If it is a big thing or an expensive thing, such as armor or a large prop, e-mail oregonplot@gmail.com and Logistics@allianceoregon.com to make sure the thing you want to donate is something we want and can use. It would be terrible for us to get something we don't want (because it would just sit there) and terrible for you because you could get a worse Goblin Stamp per dollar ratio or the item may get rejected altogether.

3.1. Don't be afraid to negotiate. All Goblin Stamp awards for donations are subject to negotiation, but don't expect to be able to negotiate everything.

4. Bring the thing to an Event! If you can't bring it to the event e-mail Logistics@allianceoregon.com to determine an alternate way of donation.

5. Receive Goblin Stamps!

6.1. When will I receive my goblin stamps for my donations?
A:
Please read this thread, When GS are awarded, on our forums about it.

A:
Experience in Alliance LARP is tricky. Basically, for each "day" you adventure you get what is called an "XP Blanket". This blanket awards an amount of experience equal to the Total Build your character has. Our database then automatically converts the acquired experience using the same conversion values shown in the book to Build Points. So, when you ask for a copy of your character transfer the listed experience for your character has already been converted to Build Points; no need to ask for it to be converted.

A:
The Monthly Blanket List is a list within our database that helps Logistics to apply Monthly Blankets on a monthly basis. A Monthly Blanket costs 30 Goblin Points and may be purchased once per month per player.

A:
No, not necessarily. But, if you are PCing, pre-registration helps Logistics prepare a character package that includes your character card, battle board, Craftsman money, magic item battle board, production you may have used, and any sort of Goblin Stamp purchases you may have so all you have to do when checking in is pay the fee and receive your package. Otherwise, you have to stand there waiting for everything to get entered in the database, pull all the tags, print all the stuff, get things signed, and a bunch more boring stuff that takes a significant amount of time. Additionally, pre-registration gets you a discount!

Pre-registering also lets Plot know ahead of time who might be at an event which helps create the Treasure Policy before the event instead of working on it during the event (which takes a Plot member out of the loop until it gets done).

Pre-registering as an NPC helps Plot know what resources are going to be available to run modules and other plot hooks and it also helps us know how much food to buy since we offer a NPC meal plan.

So, please help us help you! Pre-register for an event and you will be reducing Logistics head-aches, logistics wait times, and Plot hair-pulling.

A:
Please fill out our Pre-registration form.

Starting as of June 2012, we will no longer be accepting pre-regs via email. While we understand this may seem like an inconvenience to you, it will make processing your pre-regs and other logistics requests much easier for us and hopefully for you as well.

A:
First, you need to have your character card transferred temporarily to the chapter you are planning to attend. To do so please Email logistics@allianceoregon.com to have your card sent.

After you have requested to have your card sent down you then need to follow the pre-registration rules / guidelines for that chapter. Check that chapter's forum for instructions on how to pre-register in their chapter.

If you do not have your character card transferred you may not have the most up-to-date version of your character to play or you may not be able to play your character at all!

A:
Check-in Logistics start generally around 6pm Friday night and goes until Opening (around 9pm or 10pm).

Mid-Event Logistics happens between 5pm - 7pm on subsequent days unless otherwise stated in the Opening Ceremony.

A:
As a PC follow these easy steps:

• 1. Gather your weapons, spell book, recipe book, magic item tags, coin, tags you are selling back and money and head to Logistics.
    2. Get your weapons safety checked by a Rules Marshal.
    3. Show your spell book / recipe book / magic item tags to Logistics for verification.
    4. Pay coin to Logistics for any Production skill you use (such as Alchemy or Create Potion). At the same time you can sell back production items if you have the Merchant skill.
    5. Pay money to Logistics for your attendance. If you pre-payed skip this step.
    6. Define your spell memorization. If you do not have spells or if you pre-registered skip this step.
    7. Define your High Magic. If you do not have High Magic or if you pre-registered skip this step.
    8. Receive your character packet.
    9. If you are a new player, return when you are fully in costume for Armor Point evaluation and receive your armor tag.

If you are checking in as an NPC follow these easy steps:

• 1. Find Logistics.
    2. Tell Logistics who you are and what character you want your experience to go to.
    3. Pay money to Logistics for your attendance.
    4. Report to Monster Camp.

A:
If you arrive after Logistics has closed find Monster Camp and ask for Adam, Leigh-Ann, or Cymryc.

A: No. But, if you are only staying one day it would help both us and you if you let us know. It may result in a reduced price for you and could result in reducing the amount we need to pay to the campsite.

A:
As a PC follow these simple steps:

• 1. At Logistics, pick up a plastic bag and a Worksheet.
    2. On the Worksheet, list the following information:
    Player Name.
    Character Name.
    All production items you intend to make with production skills. Include Production Points used.
    All production items you intend to sell back with your Merchant skill. Please include Production values.
    List any changes to spell memorization if applicable.
    List any changes to High Magic if applicable.
    Teacher cards and Craftsman coin needed.
    3. Place in the plastic bag the worksheet, the tags for the items you are selling back, and the coin for any production items.
    Note: You do not need to provide MI tags, spell books, recipe books. This is being handled as an Honor system. Please don't break our trust.
    4. Leave the bag with Logistics before 7pm. Logistics will stop accepting bags at 7pm.
    5. Return later to pick up your package.

Alternatively, if all you need is Logistics' review / approval (i.e. you used the marking method noted below and you do not need to change anything) just approach Logistics for them to review and initial your Battle Board.

NPCs do not need to go through mid-Event Logistics.

A:
A "Battle Board" is a piece of paper that has all of your "per day" effects and abilities that you can use including combat abilities (such as Parry), memorized spells (such as Purify or Prison), High Magic (such as Rebirth or Magic Purify), Wand charges, and "per day" magic items (such as MI Purify or Spellstrike Prison or Cloak Alteration). The Battle Board does not include constant combat skills (like Weapon Master or Weapon Proficiency), "times ever" magic items (such as Dodge 1/ever or Ward 1/ever), or your Teacher Card.

When you use an ability noted on your Battle Board you need to mark it in some way to show that it has been used. The best way would be to mark the circle with a line for your first Logistics period, then a line perpendicular to the first line for the second Logistics period, and then filling in the circle for the third Logistics period (in the case of a Long Weekend Event). Otherwise, if you fill in the circle the Logistics team will need to print a new Battle Board which takes time and resources.

A:
If you use the above method for marking your skills you just need to get Logistics to initial your Battle Board at each Logistics Period.

If you need to change your memorized spells or spend High Magic points then you can write those in and present the written Battle Board to Logistics for their approval (i.e. a signature or initials). This is the fastest way to change your character.

If your character's memorization is significantly different or you did not use the marking method identified above you may need a new Battle Board printed for you. This is the most time-consuming way of refreshing your skills, but it will provide you with a fresh and unmarked Battle Board.

A:
In order to get a new skill added to your character you need to find someone in-game to teach you. The Teacher will then have the responsibility to go to the Logistics Desk and fill in the appropriate information on the Teacher List. This Teacher List is collected and processed at the end of the event. If it isn't on the list then you haven't been taught the skill.

Alternatively, you can spend 60 Goblin Stamps to "purchase" a Teacher Card. Just send your request to logistics@allianceoregon.com.

The only exception is you do not need a Teacher Card for the "Craftsman: _____" skill. But, the Craftsman skill must be something that can actually make you money. Example: Craftsman: Baker is acceptable, but Craftsman: Awesome or Craftsman: Chosen of Fey are not acceptable.

When Logistics processes the Teacher List your new skill will be placed on your character card with a "0" which means you have not spent any Build Points to "purchase" the Skill. You cannot use the skill or teach it until you have a "1" or higher in the skill.

A:
Yes, at the designated Logistics time! All expenditures must conform to the policies found in the Definitive Post on Goblin Points for Alliance LARP Oregon thread. Due to time constraints, though, only Production, Coin, and Spell / Recipe Books may be purchased mid-event.

A:
No. Build must be spent before your character comes into play. So, if you are checking in you can spend build, but you may not spend build during mid-event Logistics.

A:
Follow these easy steps:

• 1) Put on a white headband and go tell Plot you died and need to resurrect. Inform them which Earth Circle your spirit intends to go to.

2) If this death is your 3rd are more recorded resurrection Plot will have you draw a bead from a bag.

3) If you drew a white bead Plot will write on your card "Resurrection".

4) After drawing a bead proceed to the Earth Circle and wait for someone to start your resurrection.

5) After the 10 minute resurrection you will either (a) appear naked in the Earth Circle if you drew a white bead, or (b) you will return to where you "died" and play the part of your permanently dead body "reforming" if you drew a black bead.

6) Plot will record that you have suffered a death and the success/failure of your resurrection which will be communicated to Logistics at the end of the event.

22. I just cast a Ritual. Where do I put the spent scrolls and reagents? And when do I get the tag?
A:
The Ritual Marshal will tear off a piece of paper from the Ritual Scroll to act as the Temporary Magic Item tag. If the Ritual was cast on your Spirit the Ritual Marshal may use your Character Card to write the Temporary Magic Item tag. The Ritual Marshal will then collect the Ritual Scrolls and Reagents and place them in a designated area in Monster Camp for Logistics to record later. The Ritual Marshal will also write on the back of one of the scrolls a duplicate of the temporary Magic Item tag for Logistics to process after the event. You can expect to receive a full and complete tag at the next event.

If you need a full and complete tag sooner to support an event you are traveling to the Alliance Oregon staff can work with the Logistics / Rules / Plot staff of the chapter you are attending to either have them print and sign the tag or accept the temporary Magic Item tag.

A:
Nope. Not anymore.

A:
I don't know how, but we welcome volunteers to figure this out. Goblin Stamp compensation will be given.

27. Why don't you guys use MySQL/PostgreSQL?
A:
The Logistics Database (and subsequently the Magic Item Database and Monster Database) are National tools that are common throughout the Alliance LARP and developed by volunteers who are not Software Engineers by trade. It was determined that developing the database in Microsoft Access was the easiest and most cost effective strategy due to not having the appropriate experience available for anything more extravagant.

There is currently a project underway to make the Logistics Database more dynamic, intuitive, user-friendly, and accessible to the general playerbase. At the time of this FAQ's authoring the anticipated development time of the new database and it's resulting player-accessible interface is believed to be up to 2 years.

We would like to thank Seth B. for allowing us to use the Alliance Seattle Logistics write up that he wrote for the Alliance Seattle Chapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Alliance LARP Oregon! This FAQ is intended to answer many of the common questions received with regards to the Logistics surrounding the operation of our game. If you have a question not on this FAQ I invite you to post a query in the Out of Game forums or send an e-mail to logistics@allianceoregon.com.

• 1. What is Logistics?
    2. Who is Logistics?
    6.1. When will I receive my goblin stamps?
    25. Why don't you guys use MySQL/PostgreSQL?

1. What is Logistics?
A
: "Logistics" as a term in Alliance LARP can refer to either a team or a process.

As a team, it refers to the personnel who manage all of the logistical resources Alliance LARP utilizes specific to running the game including character / player management, Goblin Stamp management, checking people into game, giving credit for a game, recording Deaths, etc. Generally speaking, if you have a question with regards to your character, your player information, your spell memorization, your Goblin Stamps / Points, your Magic Item data (questions not relating to Plot), donations, new players, and other information related to you playing in Alliance LARP the Logistics personnel is a great place to start.

As a process, it refers to checking in with the Logistics team on-site to ensure your character is ready to be played in-game. This is generally done first before game is called "On" and at least once per day afterward at around 6pm-ish. When checking in the first night of an event you receive your character card and any other pertinent tags / information related to your character. Subsequent check-ins over the weekend refresh your per-day skills and grant you whatever bonuses you normally get per-day, such as 1 silver per day per Craftsman or Production based off your Alchemy, Blacksmith, Create Potion, Create Scroll, or Create Trap skills.

2. Who is Logistics?
A:
Currently, the Logistics personnel consist of Leigh-Ann Magill (username kiarra on these forums).

You can contact Alliance LARP Oregon Logistics at logistics@allianceoregon.com.

A:
Every Wednesday logistics will be responded to and handled. The goal is to have a response time of three (3) days, but sometimes that isn't realistic as the Logistics personnel are volunteers and have a life outside this organization, including full-time work, school, family, and other obligations that may not have convenient access to the internet.

A:
If you expected a response and haven't received one in a week send a PM to username kiarra on these forums. If you still do not receive a response feel free to contact the Owner, Cymryc Moon (e-mail owner@allianceoregon.com ), the Plot team ( oregonplot@gmail.com ), or the Community Representative, Carmen (playerrep@allianceoregon.com).

A:
No. Please send your backstory to oregonplot@gmail.com and they will notify Logistics when the backstory has been approved.

A:
First off, thanks for donating! Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to donate:

• 1. Review the Donations and Props Wishlist for things we want / need.

2. Find a thing you want to donate. Please keep in mind quality! We would rather have one super cool high quality reusable thing than ten cheap low quality things that will break after being used once or twice. We reserve the right to say "No thanks".

3. If it is a big thing or an expensive thing, such as armor or a large prop, e-mail oregonplot@gmail.com and Logistics@allianceoregon.com to make sure the thing you want to donate is something we want and can use. It would be terrible for us to get something we don't want (because it would just sit there) and terrible for you because you could get a worse Goblin Stamp per dollar ratio or the item may get rejected altogether.

3.1. Don't be afraid to negotiate. All Goblin Stamp awards for donations are subject to negotiation, but don't expect to be able to negotiate everything.

4. Bring the thing to an Event! If you can't bring it to the event e-mail Logistics@allianceoregon.com to determine an alternate way of donation.

5. Receive Goblin Stamps!

6.1. When will I receive my goblin stamps for my donations?
A:
Please read this thread, When GS are awarded, on our forums about it.

A:
Experience in Alliance LARP is tricky. Basically, for each "day" you adventure you get what is called an "XP Blanket". This blanket awards an amount of experience equal to the Total Build your character has. Our database then automatically converts the acquired experience using the same conversion values shown in the book to Build Points. So, when you ask for a copy of your character transfer the listed experience for your character has already been converted to Build Points; no need to ask for it to be converted.

A:
The Monthly Blanket List is a list within our database that helps Logistics to apply Monthly Blankets on a monthly basis. A Monthly Blanket costs 30 Goblin Points and may be purchased once per month per player.

A:
No, not necessarily. But, if you are PCing, pre-registration helps Logistics prepare a character package that includes your character card, battle board, Craftsman money, magic item battle board, production you may have used, and any sort of Goblin Stamp purchases you may have so all you have to do when checking in is pay the fee and receive your package. Otherwise, you have to stand there waiting for everything to get entered in the database, pull all the tags, print all the stuff, get things signed, and a bunch more boring stuff that takes a significant amount of time. Additionally, pre-registration gets you a discount!

Pre-registering also lets Plot know ahead of time who might be at an event which helps create the Treasure Policy before the event instead of working on it during the event (which takes a Plot member out of the loop until it gets done).

Pre-registering as an NPC helps Plot know what resources are going to be available to run modules and other plot hooks and it also helps us know how much food to buy since we offer a NPC meal plan.

So, please help us help you! Pre-register for an event and you will be reducing Logistics head-aches, logistics wait times, and Plot hair-pulling.

A:
Please fill out our Pre-registration form.

Starting as of June 2012, we will no longer be accepting pre-regs via email. While we understand this may seem like an inconvenience to you, it will make processing your pre-regs and other logistics requests much easier for us and hopefully for you as well.

A:
First, you need to have your character card transferred temporarily to the chapter you are planning to attend. To do so please Email logistics@allianceoregon.com to have your card sent.

After you have requested to have your card sent down you then need to follow the pre-registration rules / guidelines for that chapter. Check that chapter's forum for instructions on how to pre-register in their chapter.

If you do not have your character card transferred you may not have the most up-to-date version of your character to play or you may not be able to play your character at all!

A:
Check-in Logistics start generally around 6pm Friday night and goes until Opening (around 9pm or 10pm).

Mid-Event Logistics happens between 5pm - 7pm on subsequent days unless otherwise stated in the Opening Ceremony.

A:
As a PC follow these easy steps:

• 1. Gather your weapons, spell book, recipe book, magic item tags, coin, tags you are selling back and money and head to Logistics.
    2. Get your weapons safety checked by a Rules Marshal.
    3. Show your spell book / recipe book / magic item tags to Logistics for verification.
    4. Pay coin to Logistics for any Production skill you use (such as Alchemy or Create Potion). At the same time you can sell back production items if you have the Merchant skill.
    5. Pay money to Logistics for your attendance. If you pre-payed skip this step.
    6. Define your spell memorization. If you do not have spells or if you pre-registered skip this step.
    7. Define your High Magic. If you do not have High Magic or if you pre-registered skip this step.
    8. Receive your character packet.
    9. If you are a new player, return when you are fully in costume for Armor Point evaluation and receive your armor tag.

If you are checking in as an NPC follow these easy steps:

• 1. Find Logistics.
    2. Tell Logistics who you are and what character you want your experience to go to.
    3. Pay money to Logistics for your attendance.
    4. Report to Monster Camp.

A:
If you arrive after Logistics has closed find Monster Camp and ask for Adam, Leigh-Ann, or Cymryc.

A: No. But, if you are only staying one day it would help both us and you if you let us know. It may result in a reduced price for you and could result in reducing the amount we need to pay to the campsite.

A:
As a PC follow these simple steps:

• 1. At Logistics, pick up a plastic bag and a Worksheet.
    2. On the Worksheet, list the following information:
    Player Name.
    Character Name.
    All production items you intend to make with production skills. Include Production Points used.
    All production items you intend to sell back with your Merchant skill. Please include Production values.
    List any changes to spell memorization if applicable.
    List any changes to High Magic if applicable.
    Teacher cards and Craftsman coin needed.
    3. Place in the plastic bag the worksheet, the tags for the items you are selling back, and the coin for any production items.
    Note: You do not need to provide MI tags, spell books, recipe books. This is being handled as an Honor system. Please don't break our trust.
    4. Leave the bag with Logistics before 7pm. Logistics will stop accepting bags at 7pm.
    5. Return later to pick up your package.

Alternatively, if all you need is Logistics' review / approval (i.e. you used the marking method noted below and you do not need to change anything) just approach Logistics for them to review and initial your Battle Board.

NPCs do not need to go through mid-Event Logistics.

A:
A "Battle Board" is a piece of paper that has all of your "per day" effects and abilities that you can use including combat abilities (such as Parry), memorized spells (such as Purify or Prison), High Magic (such as Rebirth or Magic Purify), Wand charges, and "per day" magic items (such as MI Purify or Spellstrike Prison or Cloak Alteration). The Battle Board does not include constant combat skills (like Weapon Master or Weapon Proficiency), "times ever" magic items (such as Dodge 1/ever or Ward 1/ever), or your Teacher Card.

When you use an ability noted on your Battle Board you need to mark it in some way to show that it has been used. The best way would be to mark the circle with a line for your first Logistics period, then a line perpendicular to the first line for the second Logistics period, and then filling in the circle for the third Logistics period (in the case of a Long Weekend Event). Otherwise, if you fill in the circle the Logistics team will need to print a new Battle Board which takes time and resources.

A:
If you use the above method for marking your skills you just need to get Logistics to initial your Battle Board at each Logistics Period.

If you need to change your memorized spells or spend High Magic points then you can write those in and present the written Battle Board to Logistics for their approval (i.e. a signature or initials). This is the fastest way to change your character.

If your character's memorization is significantly different or you did not use the marking method identified above you may need a new Battle Board printed for you. This is the most time-consuming way of refreshing your skills, but it will provide you with a fresh and unmarked Battle Board.

A:
In order to get a new skill added to your character you need to find someone in-game to teach you. The Teacher will then have the responsibility to go to the Logistics Desk and fill in the appropriate information on the Teacher List. This Teacher List is collected and processed at the end of the event. If it isn't on the list then you haven't been taught the skill.

Alternatively, you can spend 60 Goblin Stamps to "purchase" a Teacher Card. Just send your request to logistics@allianceoregon.com.

The only exception is you do not need a Teacher Card for the "Craftsman: _____" skill. But, the Craftsman skill must be something that can actually make you money. Example: Craftsman: Baker is acceptable, but Craftsman: Awesome or Craftsman: Chosen of Fey are not acceptable.

When Logistics processes the Teacher List your new skill will be placed on your character card with a "0" which means you have not spent any Build Points to "purchase" the Skill. You cannot use the skill or teach it until you have a "1" or higher in the skill.

A:
Yes, at the designated Logistics time! All expenditures must conform to the policies found in the Definitive Post on Goblin Points for Alliance LARP Oregon thread. Due to time constraints, though, only Production, Coin, and Spell / Recipe Books may be purchased mid-event.

A:
No. Build must be spent before your character comes into play. So, if you are checking in you can spend build, but you may not spend build during mid-event Logistics.

A:
Follow these easy steps:

• 1) Put on a white headband and go tell Plot you died and need to resurrect. Inform them which Earth Circle your spirit intends to go to.

2) If this death is your 3rd are more recorded resurrection Plot will have you draw a bead from a bag.

3) If you drew a white bead Plot will write on your card "Resurrection".

4) After drawing a bead proceed to the Earth Circle and wait for someone to start your resurrection.

5) After the 10 minute resurrection you will either (a) appear naked in the Earth Circle if you drew a white bead, or (b) you will return to where you "died" and play the part of your permanently dead body "reforming" if you drew a black bead.

6) Plot will record that you have suffered a death and the success/failure of your resurrection which will be communicated to Logistics at the end of the event.

A:
The Ritual Marshal will tear off a piece of paper from the Ritual Scroll to act as the Temporary Magic Item tag. If the Ritual was cast on your Spirit the Ritual Marshal may use your Character Card to write the Temporary Magic Item tag. The Ritual Marshal will then collect the Ritual Scrolls and Reagents and place them in a designated area in Monster Camp for Logistics to record later. The Ritual Marshal will also write on the back of one of the scrolls a duplicate of the temporary Magic Item tag for Logistics to process after the event. You can expect to receive a full and complete tag at the next event.

If you need a full and complete tag sooner to support an event you are traveling to the Alliance Oregon staff can work with the Logistics / Rules / Plot staff of the chapter you are attending to either have them print and sign the tag or accept the temporary Magic Item tag.

A:
Nope. Not anymore.

A:
I don't know how, but we welcome volunteers to figure this out. Goblin Stamp compensation will be given.

27. Why don't you guys use MySQL/PostgreSQL?
A:
The Logistics Database (and subsequently the Magic Item Database and Monster Database) are National tools that are common throughout the Alliance LARP and developed by volunteers who are not Software Engineers by trade. It was determined that developing the database in Microsoft Access was the easiest and most cost effective strategy due to not having the appropriate experience available for anything more extravagant.

There is currently a project underway to make the Logistics Database more dynamic, intuitive, user-friendly, and accessible to the general playerbase. At the time of this FAQ's authoring the anticipated development time of the new database and it's resulting player-accessible interface is believed to be up to 2 years.

We would like to thank Seth B. for allowing us to use the Alliance Seattle Logistics write up that he wrote for the Alliance Seattle Chapter.
Surely, in 21.5, you don't actually get "naked"?! Just assuming that's game lingo...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Surely, in 21.5, you don't actually get "naked"?! Just assuming that's game lingo...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Correct, you drop any gear that isn't linked to your body where you 'died'. Keep at least a base layer on: shirt/pant, compression gear, etc.

Back