Alliance Rulebook 2.1 Draft for Player Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! Attached you will find a DRAFT copy of the Alliance LARP 2.1 Rulebook. Please note that this is a Draft, and is still subject to edits. Photos will be added for the final, as well as fixes to formatting. There is a significant amount of white space in this draft, but we will endeavor to have that minimized once we add the finishing touches. That being said, we are releasing this to everyone for 2 reasons. 1) Chapters are currently running 2.1 Rules and we wanted to get this to you as soon as possible so you can best set up your characters before the 2.1 Live date; and 2) We are looking for feedback from EVERYONE. Did you find a word that is misspelled? Are there inconsistencies that you can see? Or is one chart the wrong color? Is there something in the formatting that is bothering you? We are not debating the actual rules, but if there is an issue with you understanding the rule the way it is worded, please point that out so the National Staff Committees can make it more clear. Please post your feedback on this thread ONLY - do NOT go to individuals with your concerns, as we need to keep everything together so it can be monitored and reviewed properly. The Documents Committee will be reviewing this thread ONLY for things that will need fixed for the upcoming final book. We hope you like what you see!

Attachments

• 2.1 Rulebook Draft 4.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 238
Page 44.
Weird formatting after the word "effect".
Believe "golem" should be corrected to "Construct"?

1684313465781.png

Could we potentially bold or underline the name of each ritual manipulation on the ritual manipulation list it’s just hard to find and gets lost in the wall of text. Pg 72-72

"Disadvantages: Dryads cannot wear or use Game Items, except for coin."
This seems like something is missing as elsewhere in the book, game items are defined as coins or anything with a tag. I assume there was supposed to be a bit about metal instead?

Page 44.
Weird formatting after the word "effect".
Believe "golem" should be corrected to "Construct"?
Instances of "golem" have been changed to "Construct". Thank you.

Dryads, disadvantages: is it supposed to say "Dryads cannot wear or use Game Items, except coin"...previously it was metal-specific items?
Should read: "Disadvantages: Dryads cannot wear or use metal Game Items, except for coin." Thank you.

Could we potentially bold or underline the name of each ritual manipulation on the ritual manipulation list it’s just hard to find and gets lost in the wall of text. Pg 72-72
We will look into the section for greater legibility. Thank you.

"Disadvantages: Dryads cannot wear or use Game Items, except for coin."
This seems like something is missing as elsewhere in the book, game items are defined as coins or anything with a tag. I assume there was supposed to be a bit about metal instead?
Should read: "Disadvantages: Dryads cannot wear or use metal Game Items, except for coin." Thank you.

In the beta updates in the skill section before the individual skills there was a caveat "All attacks that require you to be behind the target may also be used with ranged weapons from any direction. " Now only a small number of skills allow a ranged attack from any direction. Is this correct?

With the clarification of Dryads being unable to use metal, is this purely as aesthic/RP requirement or are there specific game items that Dryads cannot use? For example, Heartstone can be "Forms of rare metals". Are Dryads unable to use some Heartstones in rituals? Can a Dryad use a sword made of wood?

On Page 96 of the Alchemy Superior Items, there is no Ingredients listed to create the item Dragon's Breath Distillate.

On Page 98 of the Brewing Superior Items, the Skill Requirement line of Healing Bandages is bolded while none of the other items have this line bolded.

10: "You can buy one Goblin Blanket from each chapter each month, but a character can only receive one Goblin Blanket each month." That seems to contradict itself -- rephrase as "You can buy one Goblin Blanket per month from any chapter you wish" or similar.

11: "Make up" should be one word.
15: Omit the comma after "Spellsword" in para 1.
"Class" is sometimes capitalized and sometimes not.

Last edited:
On Page 102 of the Tinkering Superuor items, the line for the Ingrediants of the Breaching Charge should be entered once to align with the other layouts.

On the same page, the Quill of Disguised Casting has a space before the word Duration which causes it to misalign.

35: In the Charm description, remove the hyphen between "their-best"
36: In the Control Undead description, remove the hyphen between "voice-control".

The sentence "If a target is under the Control Undead Effect to multiple people, the latest Control Undead affect them will take precedence if their roleplay/commands conflict.": I think it should be rephrased as something like "If a target is under Control Undead spells from multiple casters, the latest Control Undead cast on them will take precedence if their commands conflict." Same with the Charm description on p. 35: "Charmed to multiple people" is a weird phrasing that should be corrected.

53: Feint should be listed before First Aid.

58: All instances of Two-Handed should be hyphenated.

Should the Mental Abilities listed on pp 60ff be alphabetized? I can't see a logic to the order in which they're listed.

Last edited:
p. 8: "Battle Board" is sometimes one word and sometimes two.
Updated on page 8 and throughout text. Thank you.

On Page 96 of the Alchemy Superior Items, there is no Ingredients listed to create the item Dragon's Breath Distillate.
Added ingredients to Dragon's Breath Distillate, "Ingredients: 4 Leather, 6 Herbs, 3 Ore" (pg 96). Thank you.

On Page 98 of the Brewing Superior Items, the Skill Requirement line of Healing Bandages is bolded while none of the other items have this line bolded.
Removed extraneous bolding. Thank you.

10: "You can buy one Goblin Blanket from each chapter each month, but a character can only receive one Goblin Blanket each month." That seems to contradict itself -- rephrase as "You can buy one Goblin Blanket per month from any chapter you wish" or similar.
Updated text, "In addition to Event Blankets, players are able to purchase Goblin Blankets for 30 Goblin Stamps. A Goblin Blanket is one Logistics Period worth of Experience Points. A player may buy one Goblin Blanket per each chapter per month, however a character may only receive one Goblin Blanket per month" (emphasis mine)(pg 10). Thank you.

11: "Make up" should be one word.
"Makeup" is the most common noun form for the paints, prosthetics, etc. applied to the body and face to appears as something else. "Make up" is a verb referencing completion of a previously incomplete task (e.g. "make up a test") or describing parts of a whole (e.g. "it's made up of...."). Updated throughout the book for consistency. Thank you.

15: Omit the comma after "Spellsword" in para 1.
Updated. Thank you.

"Class" is sometimes capitalized and sometimes not.
Updated on page 15 and elsewhere. Thank you.

Last edited:
For uniformity, all races are bolded except for the header for Dark Elves. Pg 11

Edit -
Dryads are also not in bold for their header

On Page 102 of the Tinkering Superuor items, the line for the Ingrediants of the Breaching Charge should be entered once to align with the other layouts.
Updated. Thank you

On the same page, the Quill of Disguised Casting has a space before the word Duration which causes it to misalign.
Updated. Thank you.

35: In the Charm description, remove the hyphen between "their-best"
I could not find this issue. ¿Could you provide a screen shot, please?

36: In the Control Undead description, remove the hyphen between "voice-control".
Updated. Thank you.

The sentence "If a target is under the Control Undead Effect to multiple people, the latest Control Undead affect them will take precedence if their roleplay/commands conflict.": I think it be rephrased as something like "If a target is under Control Undead spells from multiple casters, the latest Control Undead cast on them will take precedence if their commands conflict." Same with the Charm description on p. 35: "Charmed to multiple people" is a weird phrasing that should be corrected.
Language changed to, "If a target is under multiple Charm effects, the latest Charm effect will take precedence when roleplay/commands conflict" (pg 35) and "If a target is under multiple Control Undead effects, the latest Control Undead effect will take precedence when roleplay/commands conflict" (pg. 36), respectively. Thank you.

53: Feint should be listed before First Aid.
Updated. Thank you.

58: All instances of Two-Handed should be hyphenated.
Updated on page 58 and elsewhere. Thank you.

Should the Mental Abilities listed on pp 60ff be alphabetized? I can't see a logic to the order in which they're listed.
Mental Abilities are organized by "Racial XP Needed: X". The team will look at the section with an eye toward readability. Thank you.

For uniformity, all races are bolded except for the header for Dark Elves. Pg 11

Edit -
Dryads are also not in bold for their header
I can't find this issue. ¿Could you send a screen shot?

Seems like I had a bad download in the break room at work, when I pulled it up it formatted differently on my phone and was correct, must of been on my end

On page 14, under Wylderkin Disadvantages. It says Cost to buy Read Magic is doubled but every other race list it as Xp cost is doubled.

13: Stone Elves: "most outer" should probably be "outermost"

19: Armor Evaluation: remove "a" before "costuming"

35: "An attack on the target by the caster’s companions will not immediately break the Charm but if the caster does not attempt to stop it and if no good reason is provided for the attack, the Charm may be broken." This isn't clear to me at all. I think it means that if the caster's companions attack the target, the caster gets a chance to ... explain to the target why they're doing it? And if the caster doesn't provide a reason, the charm is broken?

44: Vorpal Coating has "Coating" listed twice beneath the name of the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back