Along the streets

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tired, bedraggled dwarf is seen walking into Calanhelm. He takes a look around the streets. Stopping the first person he sees, Boris asks "Do you know where I might find de trador of mounts Donna?"

"Certainly" the elder gentleman says and proceeds to give directions to the travel weary dwarf. "Good luck" he says as he finishes the directions and continues about his business.

Boris saunters casually down the street, following the old man's directions. Stopping to grab some food from a vendor, Boris turns left at the inn, and follows the alley behind it. Turning right at the apothecary, he spies the stable and the lone figure working there. Walking up to her he says "excuse me, are you Donna?"

Putting the feed bucket down and turning to her visitor she says "Yes, I am Donna. How can I help you?"

"I am looking for a mount. I do not like horses, so I do no want one. Do you have anything smaller?"

"Oh, of course. I have ponies a plenty if you'd like, fine small and sturdy, just your size. Let's take a look shall we?"

Leading the dwarf to a pen outside of the stable, she points out a dun colored pony "That there is Chickadee, she is spunky and mischievous, but a good pony." Pointing out a white one next, she says "The white one there is Sparrow, he is very spirited and very brave, he will make a good adventurer."

Pausing and looking at the dwarf before her she says "Of course, I do have one other option...not your normal type of mount. His name is Cavall." Moving to a pen on the far side, she points to a single animal which seems to be sleeping inside a covered pen out of the bright sun. Donna lets out a sharp whistle, the beast inside stirs and stands, stretching before moving towards her. As he steps out into the light you can see that this animal is a large dog, the largest you have ever seen, he easily stands almost as tall as the ponies you just looked at. "His previous owner was killed in a tavern fight, so he has been with me a couple weeks now, but most of my customers prefer horses or ponies. Perhaps though, since you don't like horses, he might be of interest to you?" Donna looks to the dwarf as she pets the massive dogs head.

"Dis is porfect. I vill take him. He has a rather ferocious look to him, excellent for fights. My thanks, Donna."
After settling all the details in the purchase of Cavall, Boris leads him off down the street and back to Parsons Breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back