Alternate catalysts?

Xanian

I know there has been some research on finding alternates for some catalysts on formal magic rituals and wanted to see if anyone had done any research regarding a potential alternate for the Heart of a Changeling.

I am not planning on killing a sentient creature for the sole purpose of changing my race and would be looking to see what could be done instead. Before I started the undertaking of the research, I wanted to see if others had already done it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hello Binar,

To my knowledge and research the Living Heart of a Changeling is the catalysts for Racial Transformation.

Aramis Seablade

That I am aware of. I also know that there has been research done to find alternatives to the use of some catalysts as the use of certain documented catalysts has been found to be distasteful.

As an example, The Essence of a Fallingstar.

I was inquiring whether anyone had performed similar research to determine an alternate to the Heart of a Changeling that would accomplish similar ends with a more suitable means.

I have a multitude of reasons on why that particular catalyst would not be something I wish to pursue, though the results of such a ritual call to my spirit. As I know that the racial transformation magic can be cast without catalyst completely by extremely powerful casters, I assume that there would be other means for a humble sage such as myself to accomplish this.

Binar,

I am currently unaware of alternate catalyst having manifested in the Age of Capricorn. Yet, I would not be surprised if the new Age causes a shift in some of the rituals that require catalyst; especially as we start to actively Adventure again. With that being stated if I hear of anything in this matter, I shall contact you right away.

Thank You,
Matron FallingStar

Back