An Arcanist gone, but not forgotten

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
While the fight against The Harroc was successful, and that threat gone forever from The Sheltered Lands, we lost a great Historian, Mage, Mentor and Friend in victory. Maybe you knew him, maybe you didn't, but those who traveled within The Sheltered Lands and Terna, and those present in liberating the 5 Kingdoms a year ago likely saw the Vornae, The Dark Elf, Arcanist Dure'hdel on the field of battle.

In one of his finest Celestial creations, Dure'hdel stood tall in his golem, and stood side by side with the dragon Charis against The Harroc. After putting on a display of magical wonder against The Harroc, Dure'hdel's spirit was annihilated.

His spirit returned to aid us for the entirety of the battle, and when the job was done, his spirit became at rest.

History will not forget you Dure'hdel, nor shall those present in your final stand!

Your friend and colleague,
- Lord Asher Oakheart

Last edited:
Man, an annihilation!? That's pretty bad. I'm glad his spirit was able to fight alongside you all during the battle though! That seems like a nice way to get peace.

I only met Dure'hdel once, while we were liberating the 5 Kingdoms a year ago, but I have heard many stories about him from my cousin Kit and his fellow Shadow's Light guild mates.

I'm really bad at this... What do I say now? I'll miss you or something? I'm fortunate enough to not have had to go through this very frequently, so I apologize if I'm bein' rude or whatever. Anyway, I hope you feast well in the Graveyard of the Four Winds! Wait! No... That's the bad one... Whatever the good one is then! I can't remember what the name of that one is... I have it written down somewhere... But it's the one for heros with a lot of eating and drinking and stuff. Seems like a pretty good time to me!

You will most certainly be missed, and I look forward to hearing the grand tale of this adventure in person at the next gather.

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri
Master of the Waymaker Stones
Apprentice to Mathis - Order of the Emerald Flame

Lord Asher Oakheart,
Your friend will be remembered. I will pass this story on to the others when next I find myself in the company of my fellow Keepers.

Hail the Glorious Dead.

-Zehnyu Shanshi
Keeper of the Dead
House Temperance and Ruin

I am Barbarian. He was a bigger sky caster than I ever met. I am young and we did not get along. But that isn't enough to stop my tears.

In a single day he touch my heart so profound I fall before his body and weep. Tears were not for the friend me lost, but the friend me never got the chance to have. I don't have much more to say. Words aren't my thing. But I felt I should say something.

We all have lost someone. Some lost a teacher. Some lost a friend. some lost a powerful ally. But we all share in our loss of Dure'hdel. No one will ever forget him.

-Ragnarok

As I look up to the skies above,
The stars stretch endlessly--
But somehow all those rays of light
Seem dimmer now to me.
As I watch the morning sun appear,
The shadows still don't fade-
As if the brightest light of all
Was somehow swept away.

Though I see the branches swaying,
And watch their dancing leaves--
The echoes carried on the wind
Don't sound the same to me.
As I listen to the morning birds
Sing softly from afar--
It seems to be a mournful tune
That echoes in my heart.

Another day has come again,
As time moves surely on--
But nothing now seems quite the same,
To know that he is gone.
The days and weeks and months ahead
Will never be the same--
Because a treasure beyond words
Can never be replaced.

The loss cannot be measured now,
The void cannot be filled--
And though someday the grief may fade,
His mark will live on still.
For even with my heavy heart,
I know that I've been blessed
To have been one who's life he touched
With warmth so infinite.

Lady FallingStar

That is extremely unfortunate news. I met him a year ago and was impressed by his bravery. Fortannis is lessened by his passing.

-Lord Polare Lissenstine

Back