An Epic Journey of Not Knowing where You're Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisp

Dressed more somberly for her, though that wasn't to say she looked particularly somber at all, Kaja slipped through the tavern doors with a purposeful little flick of her hips to swish her skirts playfully about her calves. She did so love how they moved. She took a quick glance about the place, lips pursed into a pretty and pensive pout before heading to the bar.
"Hello Lovely!" The title was aimed at the tender, no matter the gender, "I'm hoping for a glass of a dreadfully sweet fruit wine and maybe some information if you have it? You see, I'm trying to track down some of the nobility, specifically Count Wheatly, from the masquerade that the Grand Duchess held last night. Not being from this city, or nobility myself, I'm not exactly sure where to look. Now, I know it's not usually something 'common' folk are in the know about, but maybe there've been rumours as to where he's staying?"
The Tari Nor shuddered a bit at the word 'common'. It seemed so very demeaning and unfair and a complete reminder to her as to why she found the ways of her people far superior to any other. Nevertheless, when you're playing in someone else's sandbox, you play their game...
And she smiled, fishing some coin out of her pouch.

Pouring you a glass of wine from a rose coloured bottle, the bar maid hands it over to you, picking up the coin. "Looking for where Count Wheatley is staying you say? One moment, Artie is in the cellar doing an inventory count, he'll know." What that she heads to the back.

After a brief moment a friendly hobling appears from the back, "looking for the Count are you? He likes to stay at the The Diamond Peacock inn near the market place. Between his new lumber business and his vineyard, he likes to stay close to the market place to do his trading." Giving you a look over, "So you were at the masquerade last night? Must be new to Parson's Breach, I'm Artie, I also run the Howling Crags Rest at the Breach," he reaches out his hand to shake yours, taking your hand he gives it a light kiss on the back of your hand. "Obviously you'll be bringing some more colour to the Breach."

The Diamond Peacock Inn, fantastic! Kaja flashed a bright smile as her hand was kissed. "Artie? Wonderful to meet you. I'm Kaja. And you, sir, have a silver tongue. But I do so hope to bring a bit of colour there. A mild obsession, I think." She sipped her wine, thoughts divided between the enjoyment of the drink, the pleasure of the company and what she would do and say when she finally found the Count. "You have some very lovely taverns, I must say. Always so welcoming. You bring a bit of life to the Breach, yourself, I dare say."

The Tari Nor decided that she had time to linger a bit. At least to finish her wine and chat before she continued on her way. "So, tell me, is it true that tavern keepers hear all the best stories?"

"Taverns are a place where folks tend to relax, enjoy a mug or two and like to tell their stories. Weather it's what they did for the day's work, or what they plan to do. Travelers need a place to quench their thirst after long days on the road. What ever their reasons, folks tend to enjoy telling others of their deeds and services to others, and what better place then in a tavern over a cup of wine?" Smiling he offers to top up your glass, "Like the story I heard couple weeks ago, the king was seen south of Rovani Glen, pulling a wagon of food supplies through the pass. He is also said to have cleared the roads of snow by riding a fire elemental."

Last edited:
Raising her brows, Kaja leaned on the bar. She sipped the wine again, considering the words. "I find this incredibly fascinating. I met the king, once. Just before his disappearance. He seemed as any man might, filled with the regality ans self-importance that a station like that tends to demand. A good man, I've been told. A very...aggressive one, from my understanding, probably from passion more than any ill-will." She paused, more wine passing between her lips. "He, in the small time I witnessed him, had the feeling of someone who commanded attention. Not just because he was King, either. It was a part of him. I find that the nobility and the royalty already seem larger than life to those who are...less fortunate. Again, this is an outsiders view, but I've seen similar things happen with Storytellers and Elders, to a lesser degree, among my people. It's Hero worship. It makes for wonderful stories, and can give a lot of hope to those who need it." She drained her wine, a flush rising in her cheeks as she gently sat the glass back down. "And it's wonderful fodder for a Storyteller."
"I also hope it's giving people what they need." She smiled a bit wistfully. "Thank you for the stories, Artie. I think I'll come by for more when my business with the Count is done. That wonderful wine has already made my head warm, though, and I'd hate to risk getting my tongue too loose just yet. What do I owe you?"

"Just a smile for this one."

Kaja's smile had gotten her free drinks before, so she wasn't terribly surprised. She flashed her brightest smile, a sincere one as she had quite enjoyed the short visit. "I'll be back soon," she promised and then was off, out into the streets and winding her way with a flourish of skirts through the city and toward The Diamond Peacock.

The name had her thinking. Maybe she ought write a letter home to Tyl and suggest it to him. Though she'd opt for more colours than the standard white diamond. He'd know best, but a jewelled peacock, how absolutely marvelous would that be? She hugged her soft cloak close against the weather as she wove between people, mind busy trying to remember the map of the city she'd been studying. She did so hate being lost when she had a destination. It was an entirely separate matter when you had no where to be, but this was important and she didn't want to delay any longer.

Finally, feet beginning to feel a chill, the Tari Nor found herself at the Diamond Peacock. She smiled a small smile to herself and then made her way through the doors, headed for the front desk. "Pardon me?" She started, hoping to catch some attention, "I am hoping to speak with Count Wheatley."

She was smiling a lot today. Her cheeks were getting sore. "I'm Kaja Rosewood, one of the Breachers. He spoke at the masquerade about reaching out to other races. I would love to discuss this further with him."

She hoped that that was enough information. Formalities like this weren't exactly existent back home. Her lips pursed in a pretty and pensive pout, as they were wont to do, and she fought the urge to chew on the lower one as she waited.

The lady writes down a note and Give it to one other staff.
"Please check on Count Wheatley's availability for Ms Rosewood"
The man leaves with the note and come back a few minutes later. He looks at you and says:
"Count Wheatley would like to meet you. He is awaiting your arrival in the guests' study. 3rd door on the right in this corridor."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaja flashed yet another smile before finally relaxing her face as she made her way to the third door on the right.

The door to the study is opened. Count Wheatley is sitting at desk surrounded by books and some paperwork that looks like numbers and inventory.
Some of the books you notice talk about magical creature and strange creatures of Fortannis. There is even a book that explains how to survive an encounter with monsters.

"Hello Ms. Rosewood. Please come in and close the door. The attendant kept it open to facilitate finding the study. I am happy to have your visit."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back