Announcements regarding the November Playtest event

Polare

Count
Good afternoon folks!

The upcoming November playtest event will be run a little differently from "standard" events. The event will be run by a plot team consisting of Bryan Gregory, Amy Gregory, Kristin Woodward, and Nate Bainbridge. We have a few announcements below that we encourage players to read; these steps will help the event run cleaner for everyone:
  • LOGISTICS: Because we anticipate players spending a bit more time than usual going through Logistics for the Playtest, we will start Logistics off in the tavern until right around Opening Ceremonies happens. Once you are completed with Logistics, please leave the tavern so as to avoid it becoming a noisy madhouse in which no serious thinking can be completed :)

• PREPARATION: The Playtest process will go much more smoothly if you prepare what you need ahead of time. This means: (a) determine what you want to play either using one of the spreadsheets floating around or the "free play" version of the online Character Management Application (https://freeplay.alliancelarp.com) (b) once you know what you want to bring to the playtest, enter your character using the "playtest" online Character Management Application (https://db.alliancelarp.com) (c) prepare your Magic Items (see below) and finally (d) preregister using the "playtest" online Character Management Application (go to "Events", click on the appropriate event, and use the "Preregister" button); adding your Magic Item information, spell memorization, and any Production purchases in the "Notes" field. For this last item, note that you can use coin or Goblin Stamps to purchase up to 500 Production Points worth of items - this is how you can get a larger suit of armor or new items that may not be available in 1.3.

• MAGIC ITEMS: The conversion process can take some thought and preparation. We recommend going through the following steps: (a) list our your items ritual by ritual, (b) mark off the rituals which are "going away" or "changed significantly" as per the Playtest Packet, (c) look through the new Rituals and choose which ones might be interesting for your character, and (d) swapping one for one as per the instructions in the Playtest Packet. Once you have your list of "new" Items and their Rituals, this should be added in the notes for your prereg (see above). We'll outline a preferred format for this in the coming days and post it here.

• SOFT LAY ON: Once you get to site and get into gear, please feel free to come into game as your character for "soft" RP. This can take place anywhere on site, but we prefer avoiding the tavern so as not to disrupt other players working through character setup and Logistics. While you will get the 2.0 version of your character card during Logistics, please RP keeping in mind your 1.3 character (teaching with 1.3 skills is allowed during this time) and we ask that players avoid combat during this period. The in-game conversion to 2.0 will happen early on (see HARD LAY ON below) and will be very clear.

• OPENING CEREMONIES: We intend to start Opening Ceremonies at 9:30 PM and will call a site-wide HOLD for those who are roleplaying in the SOFT LAY ON described above. Opening will probably take about an hour as we'll review some of the major points of 2.0 to make sure everyone is familiar with the necessary minimums. After Opening Ceremonies, we will call a Lay On and the characters currently ready to go will be brought in-game up to a specific location (see HARD LAY ON below).

• HARD LAY ON: After Opening Ceremonies, any characters ready to go will have the opportunity to participate in the HARD LAY ON opening module. We intend for this to start at 10:30 PM. Players not yet ready to go at this time will need to wait Out Of Game until this module is completed, so we highly recommend that players strive to be ready at this point. Once the initial module is completed, we will run smaller modules for characters who were not yet ready to go when the HARD LAY ON was called. Your characters will start using 2.0 very quickly in the initial module, at a point that will be very obvious in-game.

• SUNDAY MORNING: Game off will be at 11 AM. However, some events (including combat) that are very important to the weekend plotline will happen earlier that morning, and players are highly encouraged to participate in these morning events as the results may be impactful to their characters.
Bryan will be hosting several online sessions to help walk people through character and Magic Item conversion and answer any questions they might have. Keep an eye on the forums for information on when these will occur.

Thanks!
-Your Playtest plot team

Last edited by a moderator:
Inquiry: For RP purposes, will the soft lay on assumed to be in Stradyn?

@Polare Hey how do we go about getting our characters in the CMA reset if we already playtested? Also updated build wise from games attended?

You should just be able to make a new character, name it something else (I have Durnic 2.0 Scout and Durnic 2.0 C Spellsword and other builds) then you can just pre-reg with that character.

I will reset you Andy, and I'm pretty sure Brian credited you build for the most recent event Oregon event.

If there's a real large discrepancy in build, like you have several pay no play packages, let log know. I'll work with the logistics teams to get you credited. I'll get an updated version of the database soon and upload gobs so you can buy blankets for this month. Maybe next week?

If there's a real large discrepancy in build, like you have several pay no play packages, let log know. I'll work with the logistics teams to get you credited. I'll get an updated version of the database soon and upload gobs so you can buy blankets for this month. Maybe next week?

I do, I was just waiting for logistics to update the database, they said it should be soon. Just trying to be proactive and get though logistics fast at the event. Thanks for resetting it for me, Now i can start putting in most my skills, I will just leave racials for last once they get it updated.

Your new db is going to be pretty slick once we get using it. I cant wait.

Woops!

@Polare are people able to exceed the 100 goblin stamp limit to fulfill the 500 production points they may have available (say a long time NPC or plot starting a new character)?

Yes indeedy. The 500 production point limit for Playtest events can be thought of as:

(a) Replacing the "normal" 100 production point limit per event, AND
(b) can be purchased using coin instead of gobbies if the player wishes.

Logistics here! Brent and I will get to the database update tomorrrow and then we will have Chris update the new database so hopefully ya’ll are ready for the Friday night meeting . We still have no idea what we’re doing either, so please be patient. :)

Are we gonna be ok if we miss Sunday? I literally don't have time to both clean everything I need to and also get to play my character in that amount of time. Should we expect to have to like fate of party or otherwise fudge our survival?

Back