Appropriate Funeral Rites

Samyania

Scholar
Although I will do what I can to ensure this information is not necessary, there may come a day when my House must ensure your spirit or the spirit of someone from your land and people is appropriately and fully severed from your body. I have not traveled extensively and am not aware of the practices of lands and peoples other than my own. If you are familiar with the ceremony of a Calliphestan culture not your own, I would also appreciate that perspective.

If you believe this information should not be shared publicly, I would also welcome messages and can be found at the New Leaf Academy through the end of the week.

In the event of the death of one of the Aquilix, the deceased's name is read and their function and significant contributions described. If any knowledge can be gained from their body, or if the body is of use to the Earthen Eye Magisterium, it is sent there. When the body is of no more use, it is removed from the caverns and given burial by air by the birds of the Odekrag.

Earthen Apprentice Vellis Valeriana Tsalarioth of the Earthen Eye of the Aquilix of Odekrag
Apprentice of the New Leaf Academy of Ceriopolis
Plebian of the House of Temperance and Ruin of Ceriopolis

In 18 months, none has yet come forth with this information. Perhaps it simply requires a reminder.

I now lodge with the House of Temperance and Ruin, if you wish to contact me in person. Any venue for this communication will be appreciated. I will be present at the upcoming gathering, and will be most readily found Saturday at noon at the meeting, and whenever the time is best for the Celebration of Little Grunyon, likely in the evening of Saturday or Sunday.

Dominus Mortem Vellis Valeriana Tsalarioth Psychopompos of the House of Temperance of Ruin of Ceriopolis
Earthen Journeyman of the Earthen Eye Magisterium of the Aquilix of the Odekrag
Apprentice of the New Leaf Academy of Ceriopolis

Dominus Vellis,

Indeed this dream has missed my mind, I will endeavour to find you at some point this next gather to give you what I have managed to learn as far as this topic.

I know something already of the funerary practices of your people, but I always appreciate further edification.

D.M. VVT

Back