Appropriate Tent space

aara

Scholar
Hey guys - we are considering staying on site, but won't get in until Saturday Morning. Where are the places that we can set up a tent that are cool & not too disruptive to game?

Somewhere semi flat.

There are lots of places you could set up. I would suggest maybe doing it by a treeline to keep out of the way and also keeping the sun off your tent all day.

Scott

Fearless Leader said:
If you are NPCing, sometimes the NPCs set up tents on the other side of the parking lot so it's about as OOG as you can get...
PCing this one, Mike :) But I'll keep that in mind for the next one :)

Thanks Scott - I just didn't want to be in the way in that main combat area - but we'll set up our monster down by the trees :)

Hi,

I tented (along with Pavillion) last event - ended up setting up at the far end at the top of the field, right before the grass started getting high (basically following the path in front of the tavern until the grass and keep going along that line). Worked well for not having to lug too much up and down hills. And also far enough away from main fighting while still being able to get a good view all around.
One suggestion - make sure that the grass is level when setting up the tent. They had just mowed when I was there, and even though it felt and looked mostly level, when I slept, I found all the hidden lumps of grass piles. NOT comfortable!!

Have fun!
Kathy

Yeah, I tented here once but I felt like where I ended up (at the bottom of the hill by the tree-line) was too central and I didn't want to be the jerk taking up the space that could be used for town combat... :)

Luckily, setting up in the light will hopefully help with finding the lumps, but I'll DEFINITELY take that advice to heart... I've slept on the bumps and (my favorite) the slight grade you didn't know was there until you can't keep yourself from sliding off your airmattress...lol

Kelly,

There's a rake in the tractor barn. Even if the lawn is freshly cut, it shouldn't be too hard to rake out a spot of the grass large enough for your tent.

Scott

Duke Frost said:
Kelly,

There's a rake in the tractor barn. Even if the lawn is freshly cut, it shouldn't be too hard to rake out a spot of the grass large enough for your tent.

Scott

Cool - we'll do that then -- thanks Scott! :)

dont know how well grass is cut now but i once setup up by the pond, there was a nice patch of land there and provided for some cool evening photos :p

Please note that the grass grows REALLY fast and high this time of year and it wouldn't have been cut since the last event 3 weeks ago. So even if mowed, there will be large areas with piles of cut grass.

I will be getting there around 5 and will mow (unless it's a torrential downpour) so please don't set up until then. I could use someone to use the weed wacker and mower around the buildings (that would help a lot).

Fearless Leader said:
Please note that the grass grows REALLY fast and high this time of year and it wouldn't have been cut since the last event 3 weeks ago. So even if mowed, there will be large areas with piles of cut grass.

I will be getting there around 5 and will mow (unless it's a torrential downpour) so please don't set up until then. I could use someone to use the weed wacker and mower around the buildings (that would help a lot).

We won't be there until Saturday - so don't worry about us :)

Back