Approved Latex weapons?

• Thread starter Deleted member 31657
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31657

So I played N Alliance a couple times about 10 years ago. I npc'ed both times, but back then it was boffers only. Looking to try again, may even drag the Wife. That said I stumbled across this...

https://www.latex-weaponry.com/

This site says that some of the products are Alliance approved. True, untrue, chapter by chapter, item by item?

Is there an official list?

What that website says is that Alliance allows latex weapons, which is definitely true. Whether or not their products will be approved is completely up to your local weapon marshals. There's no list that says which weapons are approved, as some chapters might be more or less lenient depending on different factors.

I want to say Eagle Flex, Forgotten Dreams, and Iron Fortress are usually pretty good, but it'll depend on the individual weapon and I haven't seem them in a while. Older Calimacil weapons tend to be too stiff until they've been beaten up for a while, though I've heard their newer weapons are softer. You'll probably want to check in with the weapon marshals at the chapter you're going to play at before making any purchases.

What that website says is that Alliance allows latex weapons, which is definitely true. Whether or not their products will be approved is completely up to your local weapon marshals. There's no list that says which weapons are approved, as some chapters might be more or less lenient depending on different factors.

I want to say Eagle Flex, Forgotten Dreams, and Iron Fortress are usually pretty good, but it'll depend on the individual weapon and I haven't seem them in a while. Older Calimacil weapons tend to be too stiff until they've been beaten up for a while, though I've heard their newer weapons are softer. You'll probably want to check in with the weapon marshals at the chapter you're going to play at before making any purchases.

You are correct about the wording. That said, the page says that only forgotten dreams, iron fortress, eagle flex and palnotoke are approved. Calimacil isn't listed, which is interesting considering your remark about the stiff foam.

I guess I'll wait til I pick a chapter. Thanks for the information.

You are correct about the wording. That said, the page says that only forgotten dreams, iron fortress, eagle flex and palnotoke are approved. Calimacil isn't listed, which is interesting considering your remark about the stiff foam.

I guess I'll wait til I pick a chapter. Thanks for the information.

That is the best course of action.

All weapon approvals are ALWAYS up to the discretion of the appropriate marshals on a chapter-by-chapter basis, so there is no one blanket answer to which latex weapons are allowed and which ones are not.

And remember that just because a weapon is approved in one chapter, doesn't mean it will be approved in another chapter.

This is entirely true but usually if a weapon is safe in one chapter it is also safe in another chapter.
All weapon approvals are ALWAYS up to the discretion of the appropriate marshals on a chapter-by-chapter basis, so there is no one blanket answer to which latex weapons are allowed and which ones are not.

And remember that just because a weapon is approved in one chapter, doesn't mean it will be approved in another chapter.

In other words, if your weapon is safe, try not to worry too much. It's possible that a marshal in Chicago will say the weapon is fine while a marshal in Seattle will say the weapon is unsafe. But usually marshals agree with each other. Almost every time I have gone to a new chapter and had a weapon fail it was due to wear and tear (and fixed with tape). One time I had a boffer axe that usually passed but once a marshal didn't pass the axe because he thought part of the axe head could fit in an eye socket. I changed the head and then the axe passed every time.

So get a safe weapon, preferably with the help of a marshal from your local chapter. Then you should be good everywhere but have a few backups just in case.

Back