April 2012 Event Faves!

Kainen leading me step by step through killing a mechanical man. That was the awesomest kill I ever got to do!

Realizing that alot of the stuff we were fighting was breathing!!! I love getting to use gas.

Wearing my new hat in game!

Hobbling Hold'em

Seeing everyone again.

The NPCs rocking hard core even through the rain!

The four fire Primes

Brivar's new beard..so cool

Ogre courting

TeeCha classes

Poltergeist shinanigans

So many other funny moments but I'm too tired. Can't wait to see you all again next time!

thank you npc's staff and plot for writing such a fun weekend
im only sad i missed so much fun.
but the stuff i did get to do was awesome,
and i am just as tired, and sore from my one day as i would be from a full weekend

so faves

ritual effect roulette, while being an invetabrate kin would have been interesting as an earthworm, sea cucumber, snail, or jelly fish, osiris giving me an out, as owing him a favor is way more interesting.
see what kind of trouble i get in with out either kainen or my other house mates lookin out for me and saying, "NO! bad avalon!"

throwing alchemy, at slavers that battle was fun, and really intense, so great

teecha coming out with his orc's, and his trying to woo with tactics learned from cassinorca, with the plomage and bedroom eyes. lol

seeing everyone again!!
and i cant wait for the battle day
also, thank you to the one who took pictures, i will post em up on my fb soon, and some on here as well.

I almost forgot!! Charles Bennington! OH MAN that was hilarious! and his guard who was kicking the goblin in the ...unmentionables.
I got a gold for that cure light WOOHOO. was it just me or did that white shield with the blue B remind anyone else of the Boston RedSox?

I'd like to start off by saying how nice it was to have such comaraderie and goodwill among the PCs and between PCs and NPCs. It really makes a huge difference. Thank you to everyone for an event that was just good fun.

-The fight against the slavers. This concept has been done before, but I don't think I've ever seen it done quite as well. I think what made the difference was that all the NPCs were so in character. Kudos.

-In fact, I'm going to add the NPCs to this list. It was a real pleasure to fight and roleplay with all of you.

-Late night guild talks with Sevaria, Vry, Keely and Thauphideon, even if I was too tired not to giggle every time someone said "reality sausage".

-Vigil mod in the rain. Great fight against Gary, George and Dan A. ( :( ) and the props were totally sweet. I love this plotline and can't wait to see where it is going.

-Teecha putting on his bedroom eyes. Oh my God.

-Kainen ordering Vry to bring everyone who was not a high ogre over. Everyone trying to watch without looking like they were watching and, Tova: "It's like trying to breed pandas in captivity."

Thank you, Staff, for putting on an amazing game. I had a blast and can't wait for the Battle Day!

Thank you to the staff and players for such an amazing event!

My faves:

- Avian's slightly-defeated sigh after I screamed his name and fell to my death. "That was unfortunate."

- The slaver fight. What a clean, challenging fight that was! Great fighting, lots of combat-based RP, and a lot of fun.

- The reaction of the PCs seeing the three-count armor refit.

- Qiu Jun Wu's explanation of marriage to a being which does not feel romantic love was solid.

- Sean debuting the "bedroom eyes" in NPC camp late Saturday night, and laughing so hard we fell over. Then seeing them unleashed on the PCs on Sunday, and hearing their peals of laughter.

- "Would you be horribly offended if we came and warmed our hands near you?"

- Getting the NPCs together on Friday night for warm-ups and stretches. Nothing like yoga and push-ups before kicking nerd butt!

- You put two people on the forge and make them one? How does that work?

- Elbow assassinations!

- The invasion of salamanders in NPC camp.

- LARPing it hobo-style in the car, and somehow managing to open my window in my sleep.

- "Is she okay?"
"Yes... she's just pumping her bellows, staying warm."
"Woooooaaaaaah."

- If you're happy and you know it, shield bash your friend! NOOOOOO! Not like that!

- Seeing Tetsu's lessons pass to Pointa, hearing "It's your choice!" yelled in combat was brilliant.

- Hearth: Destruction, go to war.
Destruction: Excellent. I shall go kill Legacy, and return when I am finished!
-=a day passes=-
Destruction: I killed three thousand undead.
Town: YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

- Holy crap, METHOD.

- You're made of a weak metal; we could make you better.

- The nigh-perfect shield-hedgehog "blind" so we could watch Ona try to make his moves.

- The look on Aisling's face when she met Destruction for the first time.

Wow, what a great Weekend, Thank you to the NPC's, and the fantastic writing! I had an absolute blast this weekend.

The Kidnap Mod. That was an incredibly cool concept, and incredibly scary at the same time! Just wish I could have gotten one of the buggers close enough to give a bite or a headbutt:)

Taking Forge to see the other living forge. Hehe, that was fun.

The slaver encounter. Well fought and lots of fun.

Helping to close one end of the portal.

Playing with my new weapon. The first time, since I started playing that I have held a magic weapon. The feeling of finally being effective on the field, and the touch of confidence that went along with it.

Celestial guild meeting, and seeing the guild start to develop.

Seeing everyone again and getting to escape into the wonderful world we travel too.

Thanks All
Mark

It's YOU. You're my favorite.

Also:

-Poltergeist tap dance time, and tavern reorganization.
-PC reactions to the four Primes, and the slow shift in people's opinions as the weekend passed.
-All things Teecha or Dumb Pup related... especially...
-CASANORCA, GREATEST OF DA ORC LOVAHS.
-The slaver mod. It's fun being a person with thoughts and feelings. A person with thoughts and feelings, who you CUT DOWN CALLOUSLY.
-Horatio Sullivan is here to help, y'all.
-Not sucking at this game nearly as much as I expected to with six months off.

Also also, Kelsey and I brought a friend of ours to LARP for the very first time in his life, and thanks to all of you, he LOVED it and will be returning with us next time. So, thank you for that. <3

stonegolem said:
-The slaver mod. It's fun being a person with thoughts and feelings. A person with thoughts and feelings, who you CUT DOWN CALLOUSLY.

we dont take kindly to those who keep people as slaves round these parts
espcially when one of those who doesnt take kindly is a knight

Thank you so much NPCs, NH staff and PCs I had such a blast! Here are my favorites in no particular order.

-Gebous challenge an Undead to a thumb wrestling match then using monster strength to drag him into the column of fire.

-Michiko & Pointa asking Forge are you okay?
Forge: “I need air.”
Pointa waves shield to fan Forge to give her air. Her thinking that is what you to do fire to get it to burn more.

-Green Cracker Monster! (I will move very slowly towards you Michiko, I not a Green Monster!!!)

-Gebous doing a moon walk into the column of fire, then spinning and going to his knees. (Michael Jackson dance all the way!)

-Pointa being told by Aisling to get Ona’s stuff and take it through the portal. Pointa realizing it is behind all the void shards and twisted fire elementals. Once Pointa grabbed it and started to run a fire elemental started to chase her and hit her for 6 normal. YAY for armor! Point reached the portal, one more hit and she would have landed face first on the other side bleeding out.

-Teacher giving bedroom eyes to Pointa when she tried to help him put his hair back. Pointa wanted to punch Teacher but knew it was just encourage him.

-When you’re happy and you know it clap your… *shield bangs together* That is the new battle cry of Ona and Pointa!

-The many hats of Pointa!! Pointa introducing a child in a wooden golem to her Turkey Hat. Samara, Elissa and Ashley that was fun role play!

- The Primes! Loved everyone of them they are all so different and played their roles well!

I have many more, but wanted to at least get my ones up I could think of off the top of my head.

Oh Yeah...

Azurith: (refers to Tzydl as human)
Tzydl: I'm NOT a human. It's starting to get offensive. I mean it's like saying I look like a (tzydl looks around for a race that is NOT present) high orc or something
Pointa: (behind the benches on top of the table) HEY!
Tzydl: OH MAN I'm sorry I didn't see you there!
Pointa: my hair makes me invisible

Back