You always get more inner monologue and emotion with my favorite moments than you probably wanted, but don’t worry – I get to the **** jokes very soon!
I had a “lost” year as a PC in 2016, then joined Plot for 2017-2018, so it’s nearly like playing a brand new character for me in 2019. That’s kind of cool in certain ways, as it gives me a nice, conscious chance to reinvent both my character and playstyle to make the experience more fun for me. Honestly, I dreaded going to the March event – it was a chore for me, an obligation… and I came out with more enthusiasm than I brought in, but the bar was admittedly low. March was about identifying the questions I needed to answer (about 2.0, about my character’s place in current game society, about what will be fun for me). April was in its own way my own personal Season Opener. I had such a great time! This really restored my enthusiasm for the game, and now I very much look forward to June and the rest of the season!
* Before the event, a whole pack of really great, personalized BGAs for my team, getting us all in the spirit, and psyched for the event! Thanks to Paul, Dan, Taylor!
* All the PC-sponsored activities to look forward to!
* Rumor sheets: “4 out of 5,” thank you, Paul! I had such a good belly laugh over that!
* Meeting “Schnegily,” the pet rock – and marveling at HOW the **** Bandits prevailed yet again, totally unseen, when they drew a **** on it!
* Nobles: “We’re putting the band back together.” It feels like the best parts of 2015. Super enjoying having most of us on the same side of the curtain again, working and adventuring together.
* The missing one: Having Mike Messmer join the Plot Team full-time is a great boost to my enthusiasm! Already in one event I’m reaping the benefits of fun!
* DOOMWING is in town and he’s HUMAN? “Are you in charge here?” – Baroness Kate looks around – several someone elses shout, “Yes!” before I even figure it out (nice way to kick off the event with some mandatory interaction while I’m still figuring it all out)
* The rotating negotiation with Doomwing: a week at the spa with a mud bath! Followed by later conversation with promise of a future adventure that sounds OOG like it will be incredibly, ridiculous regrettable
* In theme of a whole night of insulting the former dragon - Realizing that Doomwing wants to travel by carriage because he doesn’t know how to ride a horse. Pointing at laughing at the former (and probably future) dragon, knowing that literal dozens of generations of my descendants will pay for this moment… Worth it.
* Hey! I got involved in a plotline as a PC!
* Vandathron: The relationship between our characters exists in stolen moments, little snippets here and there. This event started with the demands and explanation about Doomwing, and I love Ryan’s roleplay in those stolen scenes!
* Steering: Decided this event to make up excuses to roleplay with Jeff, and Dia. Started really neat ongoing conversations with Cryn, and Peat on Friday night that continued into a theme of getting to work with their characters more, which was so delightful to me – and also delightful to my character from her perspective. – and getting to see Jeff juggle, which is always such a treat!
* Catching up with Lyari (Owen) in moments here and there through the weekend, catching each other up on plots going on, and filling each other in on what’s going on right now
* Captain’s Log: Heard that there was probably activity that a White Belt should not be involved in – but relieved IG to know that the ladies were being protected. Had some fun short conversations with various characters around that issue.
* Conspiracy talk with one of Kate’s best friends, Graham Wolsey, with his full attention with only one word: “Forestwatch” – Related, the negotiation with Doomwing and certain lines drawn!
* Cheerful, traditional Rivervale snacky time with lots of guests! Finding glowing “Easter eggs” around our cabin with tiny keys, tiny vials, and happy chocolates – thank you, Aneira!
* 3:41 minutes of sleep (thank you, Fitbit) is not enough – but at least I had the smarts not to make early plans on Saturday. Surprising only to me, that worked out better than the alternative!
* First thing in the morning still in my pajamas crying roleplay of chivalric turmoil over supreme disappointment in the Ducal Paladins! Getting advice from two close friends IG (Anders, Eldred) on a chivalric crisis of faith on this knightly soap opera. Fixin’ to put a boot up some Paladin’s ***!
* Quick chats with Gwen, and Alis
* Getting to hang out a little with promised cool new friends: Fable and Lupine, and help them out with the game, and also entertain Van’s friends IG and be good hosts. I look forward to their return!
* Mandi the fire elemental: BE STILL MY BEATING HEART
* Chivalry School: Two great sessions in a row this year! REALLY good comments from Emaric, and Brom (IG Brom, OOG Jacob) in particular! Cryn and Darius just knocked it out of the park on their presentations! I expected goodness from each of them, and received true excellence! I got the sense that more than a few attendees are genuinely interested in stepping up as leaders, and that is such a relief IC – and OOC, I dwell in the Treehouse of Inclusiveness and I really want to help people do what’s going to be fun, and fun challenges for them. YAY! Thank you to everyone who attended; I thought it was really good, and I hope you did, too!
* The return of Gam-gam, meeting her grandsons, and THAT HAT. Kendrick: “What does he have to offer?” Bubbe: “Would you look at this face? Who couldn’t love this face??”
* Katherine getting to meet the Gnarltusk ogres, which felt a little weird and metagamey but Graham invited me – LOVED the hammer duels, and how others got involved! Neat, easy scene, Paul, thank you!
* Acarthian Historical Society off to a rough start until the appearance of a special guest star: Doomwing himself at the meeting to discuss Doomwing! Learned some cool stuff!
* FINALLY getting to sit down to discuss chivalric crisis with Sir Darius – and his response was just… perfect. Perfect. <3
* All weekend: Bria and Bobby moving around the stuffie displacer beast kitten, and stuffie coyote in our cabin, watching us, watching each other. So much joy!
* Huntsman battle… that I missed. I NEEDED to lay down and try to nap for a bit! It’s a good event when there’s just too many cool encounters to meet them all! Sad that I missed that one in particular, though.
* Dinnertime with Eldred and Kate each picking the corner of our respective Corinthus Brother, and trying to mediate their heated exchange
* Yalinth festival was so cool and atmospheric and such a neat night! Now that I hear more about the fighting pit, I wish I had indulged – and I will next time!
* Screw you, Dargok!
* Getting asked to be Field Commander for the late night battle vs. hobgoblins, and all the planning, and the replanning, and then, “Eff it! We divide into two groups!” SO proud of Team Corn and Potatoes for being so quiet, perceptive, and professional – THAT was the way to do it! And unfortunately also the way we discover how sound just **does not travel** on our new campsite! D’oh! LOVED the roleplay with each of the 6 would-be squad leaders if our plan had worked out, and with Elwin – and looking forward to working with each of you again in the future!
* Fighting for Team Vilker again this year when Kate got Charmed! (“Am I allowed to hit the Baroness?” “Damn! You’re the only PC who remembers she has a Spell Shield!”) Thank you, Dan!
* Banks’ new project… wow, John, didn’t see that one coming. I’ll give you that!
* My first visit into the Cave Building on a cute mod that Dan ran on Sunday morning with “blue cards” inside, and good roleplay from Christopher as a troll
Really looking forward to the June event, and even more to July and Alis’ next cool party! Thank you, everyone, for every moment of roleplay and contribution, and sometimes patience this event!
Love & Kisses,