April 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

llywelyn

Artisan
Posting now so that this will be ready for people who get back home before I do.

Since I want all of these in place for those who are back from the event before I am and because I'm trying to consolidate stickies when people, I present to a Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, and IBGAs thread all in one!

Links:

Please send us your event feedback: http://goo.gl/forms/yvdSXFrWm5 Feedback can also be emailed to plot@alliancedenver.com .

IBGA Form: http://goo.gl/forms/VAIjCO8bI5 (please read our IBGA Policy before submitting, IBGAs are due by April 26th at the latest).

Pre-register for the next event (event is May 15th–17th at Sky High Ranch, pre-registration deadline is May 10th): http://www.alliancedenver.com/payment---logistics.html

If you are submitting a character background and looking to get that approved before the next event, the soft deadline for submissions is May 1st. Email these to plot@alliancedenver.com . You are welcome to submit it after that, but we may not get a chance to approve it or send it back with feedback before the May event.

Finally: We are looking for submissions either for coin (for your character) or GS (for you) for the Acarthian Times about this event or just the world in general! Please email those to plot@alliancedenver.com so that we can approve them and send them on to Val. Soft deadline for submissions is May 9th.

Now that the admin stuff is done, on to favorite happenings… which I'll have as soon as the event is over!

The saturday night fae realm fight was probably the game's very best scene-setting work to date. Jen, the plot staff, everyone involved, really took the time to set up something beautiful, and make it a safe, visually interesting encounter. Please do more of this.

Sunday morning wrestling. JEsus christ why didn't we think of this before? The people doing it looked like they were having tons and tons of fun, and it was tons and tons of fun to watch. This could be a thing guys. Im just sayin.

Tents by the fire pit- less a moment, more a thing about new additions to the playspace and it was GREAT. Real fire, with marshmallows, sausages and bread- **** yeah. I Suspect people will not be disappointed if they spring for a IC-area appropriate tent, like really, just do it if you play a barbarian especially. It will be good for your soul. "High Town and Low Town" aint got nothin on you.... I am also extremely biased because I got roasted marshmallows.

I had a great time NPCing for you folks, and look forward to PCing with you in June.
My favorites in no particular order

• Sneaking around late at night as bugs trying to get you all to come out and play with us. We are friendly bugs after all. ;)
  • The Saturday night Unseelie Fey Glade fight. Had great atmosphere, and I really enjoyed fighting against the overwhelming numbers, did my best to hold ya off =)
  • The Scholarly Death Elemental, going up to different folks and going "May I ask you a question?....Have you ever died?", the good roleplay I had and how weary people were of him.
  • The Spider-Golem small mod. I enjoyed makin' ya casters work for those monster parts that you tore from us so violently. =P
  • Pip the Goblin trying to get you all to drink his elixir of life...and fire breathing, and dragon slaying!
Meeting new people, and making new friends, looking forward to making this my home chapter.

Last edited:
  • Getting super chewed out by Morningtide about proper respect for the Dutchess. Especially followed up by Elovir playing good cop.
  • Unwittingly stumbling into a barbarian horde in the dark (And really, that we *have* a barbarian)
  • The hats! With a special shout out the barbarians for that, too.
  • The... everything else, really. The rest of the weekend is kind of a blur of awesomeness and good people.

So much happened this event! A few favorite moments...

- Thirty seconds into the Unmark ritual, a fae rifts into the Mages Guild ward and starts talking to ritual participants. If this were D&D, I'd have to roll a concentration check.

- Baron Morningtide's speech in the tavern. Morningtide speeches are the best speeches!

- Brain bugs - with Rivervale late at night, picking up the thrown alchemical light and poking it, scratching on tents (in the AMAZING tent camp, holy crap you all), rapping on windows.

- Playing a chocolate pudding and throwing fistfuls of Intoxicate Poison at people (and then dying after three blows). The way various people RP'd drunken fighting. "Lemme at 'em, I can still fight, lemme at 'em!"

• COMBAT UKULELE Y'ALL. Running through the creepy glowy stick land with the grabby sticks reaching out, while flailing randomly on the ukulele and trying to stay away from swordies that weren't ours was a really trippy experience. Particularly funny thing is that previous to this point, I hadn't really grasped how to do strumming patterns on stringed instruments or much of anything improvisational. I'm pretty much a "find sheet of paper with music on it, make instrument make notes written on sheet of paper" sort of musician. However, when faced with the motivation of "you need to make music come consistently out of this thing or WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" and that my fancy fancy quasi-lute songs were not working with the whole running thing, I suddenly learned how. Also I now have a blister on the side of my thumb.
  • Giving my sausage to the barbarians at Tent Camp. I think things are just starting over there as far as atmosphere and all, and seeing that develop is probably one of my more significant temptations to jump the fence on a more regular basis.
  • The final fight was a really fun time, both in itself and that it came in the middle of silly shenanigans out back of the tavern. My emergency ukulele securing procedure worked excellently! (There is a REASON why all the instruments I intend to take into game have a hard case.)
  • The late night encounters at Tent Camp were really great atmosphere, probably especially the clickclickclick bugz.
  • I might have enjoyed the actual camping a bit more in theory than in practice, since I paid the price of knowledge on several points related to tent setup / camping equipment. But: TENTS ARE SO COOL Y'ALL.
  • After the end of game, finally being able to walk around camp without being underneath a pile of swords and things. Crikey.

I can't even remember everything, it was all so busy. Totally outta order:

-Oil of slipperiness on the tavern steps area and everyone RPing it out.
-Wrestling matches.
-Barbarian war in the field. "We got this, we don't need help"
-Settling the Scion situation. This ate up most of my Saturday working with the High Lord Sheriff. I was very happy with the results, and the scene with the Scions swearing to Acarthia was great.
-Chivalry and Philosophy conversations with Morningtide and Blasdel. While going over multiple things, all three of us just quoted the Code, quoted philosophy, and how it all fit with what we were discussing. I was like, this is awesome.
-Tinker Investigation: Hats off to the twists and turns of this. I experienced this plot mostly vicariously, and wow. That's awesome.
-Conversations with Felstar. Felstar and Frank talked about the issue with the necro-cats. We had a good discussion that included some philosophy, and I felt a lot of respect for Felstar in regards to this, and the night fight.
-Esther and Vollen getting super deep into multiple plots. Again, vicarious for me, but seeing them just go full bore into multiple plots and talking with them about it was awesome.
-Convo with Dame Katherine. Can't spoil this one, but it was a pretty important and deep conversation between the two of us, and I enjoyed the resolution, and it was kinda epic as we were both -1'ed together at the fight right after.
-All of the sneaky/shady stuff done this weekend. I can't spoil it. But it was like...that's Rogue stuff. I'm actually jealous I can't participate in it.
-Manco ordering to let the scouts do their business: I watched right after, the scouts disappear. Silence. Then an incoming from Lagarde from the darkness, and he appears. Details from Vira from the darkness, and she appears. And we were ready, and conquered.
-The conversation with Osborne and then the noble table about strategy with the Fae realm fight. Talking with Egil, about how he is the heart of this, and seeing that look of ultimate confidence on his face. We have an epic leadership team, that I am proud to support IG and OOG.
-Interesting conversation that kinda cemented something I had in my head for a while, with Kendrick. He asked about what kind of Knight Frank wanted to be, and I replied "Whatever is needed." He said well, I know you're humble and all, but if you had a choice, and Frank answered "everything". I want to learn how to be every kind of Knight. I hadn't really looked at that idea until Kendrick brought it up, thank you for that Paxton :)
-The look on Manco's face after reading an evidence collection for an investigation. Futhermore, Manco time is awesome time. People, get time with Manco, hes awesome.
-Conversations with the Duchess: While I love...really all of the NPCs Plot portrays, the Duchess is my favorite. I can't spoil a lot, but I can say that she is the example of kindness and right thinking, while performing her Noble duties, engaging in political plot, and inspiring many of us.
-Life elemental scene with Noah. I AM SO GLAD I WAS INVITED. Both on this was really enjoyable roleplay utilizing philosophy and careful wording to get things done, while keeping to the code and our oaths. This is the first time I've had to truly and fully draw upon my vampire larp social skills in the game. Whoever wrote this plot, genius.
-Conversations with Ryu, and his approach to trying to resolve some of the IG trust and respect issues. I'm actually looking forward to more roleplay with Ryu, Frank found some serious respect for him.
-Experiences with Osborne. We had several scenes, one was awkward but very meaningful to our relationship IG, and the rest were like, this sort of respect only brothers get, and I really wanna get more time IG on the relationship Rork, Frank, and Osborne have.
-Fire pit time. This was awesome, super relaxed, glad we have this!
-The Pages. I'm like...so stoked to have the pages with us. Both atmospheric and direct roleplay with them.
-The Barbarian crew. You guys are amazing.
-The anti-nobility and etc postings. GREAT work on these. I won't name names and etc on this :)
-ALL OF THE NOTES. There was a lot of notes, writings, cyphers, etc that was utilized by plot that drove a ton of roleplay and plots.
-Team Tiatar: Plotkilling.
-Lucian and the change. Getting Lucian's horns back. Checking he was the same person by seeing if he could make it through the ward. All of this plot.
-Morningtide. So much to say about Ray and his PC. His leadership/speeches is great.
-Baron Egil Nordhiem: Frank and Egil had a bunch of really good scenes, both light and deep ones. Mike, you're a great guy to roleplay with.
-Humans for Humanity vs The Wylderkin: I heard about this. Amazing. Wish Rork and Frank were there.
-Son of the Epyxian Baron: Heard all about this, also epic.
-Scions approached by Epyxia: Epic.
-Token awards from the Duchess: This was so meaningful to me, I cannot fully describe it in text. I've felt for a long time I've made zero progress or accomplishments with my PC. This was a clear message of accomplishment. Thank you for that plot.
-(bleep) acidic skin monsters. Right in the (bleep).
-Huge props to David as High Lord Sheriff Paladin Blasdel.
-The talk I had with the new player playing a Gypsy who was staying with Rivervale - I'm bad with names but I'll get it memorized soon. Like dude, that convo was awesome RP.
-Getting to fight along side many people I usually don't get a chance to.
-Everything dealing with organizing and strategizing the Fae fight.
-The CAREFUL conversation with the Merchant's Guild NPC Jesse was portraying. While the evidence was exactly what we wanted, we couldn't like, accuse anyone of anything in this. Another great scene where I had to word things carefully. Thank you Jesse, although that was brief, that was very enjoyable :)
-I'd say I did like, 1/6th of the amount of fighting that I normally do at an event. That's great and amazing to me that I was soooo busy and having soooo much fun and no combat required in it.
-Thank you to the 5 monsters who had loot :)
-The NPCs. You guys were awesome all weekend. Thank you...sooooooo much.
-Plot: I don't know what you guys did to make all of this happen, epically. Whatever you guys did this time, study it, master it, and repeat it. This was by far, the best event you all have run.

And while this is a novel at this point, and I'm damn sure there is more favorites to mention, my most favorite:

-The AMAZING NIGHT FIGHT IN THE FAE REALM. 4 best things:
--Right push. We actually performed a historical strategy, Right Oblique. Holy cow everyone busting butt in that, cooperating, covering each other. Andrew the bard did an amazing job healing people. All of the 2h weapon users working with the Shields. Rork and Aniera going super aggressive. We pushed to the circle 3? 4? times and were just so amazing. Special note to Shield users: Felstar is an amazing duo partner.
--Rear Ambush. We got attacked from the rear. We pulled back to the choke point, called line ready, and then called forward and crushed the NPCs. It was amazing.
--Loche (I think I got his name right) CRAWLING ON HIS HANDS AND KNEES THROUGH BUSHES to put the Stake of Woe in the tree. Amazing.
--The look and feel of the fight. There was just enough light to see everything The glow sticks gave the perfect otherworldly feel to the place. I hope there was some pictures and all, but honestly that whole scene will stay in my head forever. Epic. The cheering during the hold when we thanked the NPCs was like, yes - this is Alliance Denver at its absolute best.

(And I just remembered: Anyone know what happened to the three throwing daggers I loaned for the stakes of woe?)

Last edited:
Here are my favorite moments! There aren't very many of them this month, as I spent a great deal of time sitting and watching rather than participating. XD

-Wrestling with Little Bear. I'm not at all sure what came over Alis, but it was fun. And also ow, my hand.
-The unwavering and solid friendship between Frank and Alis.
-Being part of a massive group of really pissed off Wild Men chasing down an ancient enemy and winning, while New Acarthia stood and let us win it alone at our request. (With the exception of clever Peat Moss, who did not fight, but literally saved a few of our asses at the end.)
-Little Bear insisting that his name be added to ALL the barbarian posters. "I want to be the sword that's stabbing that guy". And Alis' reaction: ". . . Little Bear. It isn't a contest." "What? Yes it is. And we're winning."

There were a LOT of great moments this weekend but the most humorous moment this weekend was from Mixl (played by Jesse). After asking Ri to drink a random potion from Banks's box and discovering it was a Euophoria Antidote, Mixl looked at the potion key and said,

"Whaaat... these are all GOOD things... that's no fun."

It really sent everyone into the table into a fit of laughter and REALLY exemplified what the NPC was about.

I...I can't even put to words how much I hurt now. I fought more this event than I probably have at any event in the last 8ish years. Ow. That said, I had an amazing and crazy-busy time.

My list:
- Scouting, scouting, scouting, and some scouting. I spent so much time racing around and sneaking up on NPCs.
- Treaty/bargain thingy with Blackwhisker. Never thought I'd do anything vaguely politic with this character, but this managed to ride the line between rogue-stuffs and politics.
- The HfH attack on the kin. Surprising and rough.
- Eight consecutive hours of modding and only one I think was a mod-card. Ow. Who knew so many people needed me "right now!" >_<
- Fey mod was incredible all around. As a sub-point to that...for me the high point of both the mod and the event was about halfway through this mod. The town had split, sending one group down one path and another group down the other. Our group runs into packs of chaos-swinging monsters and the acidic plants. Within seconds, the line is broken and eight people are down, healers are scrambling, people are dragging bodies out, and in the course of what felt like 5 seconds, only Ulrik and Lagarde were left to hold the line. We look at each other and Ulrik lets out this bellowing laugh and says, "We can do this! GRAAAAAH!" and we charge. Two full waves of six NPCs later, they finally stop us with a ridiculous amount of paralyze effects. The moment we both froze, the rest of the reinforcements were back and pulled us out intact. It's sort of one of those bardic story moments that no one believes really happened.
- High Lord Sheriff: "Lagarde. I want you to come outside with me. I wish to have words with you. NOW." Me: "Oh...****." *we go outside* HLS: "Thank you. I just wondered if you saw XYZ?" Me: "No." HLS: "That is all." *blink blink*
- "Negotiations" with All The Things(tm). Wererats aren't good negotiators, just sayin. Did learn more about their nesting habits than one would expect to ever learn.
- The sheer number of times creatures said the phrase, "I've got you, fox!" and ran me down, only to then realize I was just walking them into an ambush of heavily-armed and armored fighters who roundly stomped them.

There's probably a lot of others I'm forgetting. If I remember, I'll add to the post later.

All right... best moments post for Raen.

I found myself involved in more roleplay than I usually experience at one of these events, which was refreshingly fun. As usual, even doubly so given those circumstances, there are a number of things that I won't talk about as I strongly believe in the appropriateness of allowing the game world to be the game world, and for players and their characters to discover the unknown in game, but...

These are in no particular order.

* That moment, when a Fae put a piece of gold in Tinder's palm, and she couldn't turn it down (because that would be rude), but she didn't want to keep it, either, and everyone around her assumed her expression had to do with the fact that she was holding a piece of metal. (It is no longer in Tinder's possession).
* Hugging the high ogre. ('Nuff said).
* Along with the above, the number of times the Mage Guild meeting was interrupted by high ogres arriving was also kinda epic (in a funny fashion).
* Actually being able to fulfill Mage Guild services! (Yay, being invested in the circle!)
* Saturday morning in the kitchen. This is actually a three fold like. First, there was the getting to hang out with Jack (both as Jack and as Harri); swapping stories was fun, and I actually heard about the gypsy plot very early on as Harri seemed to have run into it as well (NPCs - they know things pertinent to plot when one talks to them!). Second, early on, I got to interact with several of the NPCs and other early risers in a fairly personable "good morning, how are you, what would you like for breakfast?" way, which proved both fun and interesting. Lastly, the only food service I've done before was fast food at the drive through, thus the experience was enlightening.
* Several of my NPC interactions, namely Greega and the Loremaster (in the case of the latter, the determination that Tinder is a natural Seeker was pretty entertaining); likewise, interacting with the squire from Epyxia. *smiles*
* Mentorship moments: beginning the process of teaching Puck how to read, teaching Wolfrik (sp) how to read, talking to Wolfrik (sp) and Bel (sp) about Celestial things. I just had a lot of fun with these moments; from the other angle, talking with Shoni about spellcasting and watching the Skycaller casting formal magic.
* Banks. Banks is Banks, and I have fun with him.
* The woodcuttings posted around town. Wow, guys - imagination, and some really entertaining execution. I'm sure there are PCs out there who don't appreciate them, but as a player I found the creativity awesome and the related roleplay exceedingly fun.
* Aneira, who did not stop singing. At any point. (You know, during the Fae encounter).
* The negotiations with Mixl (Jesse in butterfly wings FTW!).
* The bugs that arcane fortressed within five feet of mages.
* Being feeble minded, and that surrounding albeit brief roleplay.
* The flanking charge into the bug fight.
* Watching people back the f*** away from berserked PCs, as well as being hit by Mako (I believe) at some point when he berserked. That particular fight was epic on many levels, so an extra thanks to plot for coming up with a truly challenging, resource draining event (right before logistics).
* New dryads!
* The overall emphasis on immersive roleplay this weekend, the accommodation others gave those of us participating in it, and people's understanding with the fact the fact that I am not a morning person.
* And, of course, the after game camaraderie (Trace's birthday rap was awesome *smiles*).

There are more. There are many more, because this was a great weekend. (Really great). But, this is a start.

Now, I do have a couple of things I specifically want to reference.

1 - So, Saturday night, Baroness Elavir handed Tinder a life item and told her to make sure Eldred came back. I pocketed it, then promptly forget about it was soon as we left the Fae realm (Eldred did get 'killed' but Egel brought him back, and no one else near me took a hit that needed a life). Sunday morning, I got dressed, pulled a shrug on, and realized I would be perfectly comfortable wearing what I was in. Thus, I left the coat I'd been wearing the night before in Greenwood. Right around 12:30, I thought, Oh, #$%&, and Tinder asked Eldred if we should go retrieve it. We collected a couple of people, including Squire Brom, and double timed it down to the cabins and back (quick trips like that are horribly winding). An hour later, having delivered that item to Elavir, I saw her pull a dead Brom back to life. (Events and sychronicity - I approve).

2 - I firmly believe that the playing of a dryad should include elements of the alien. Overall, these generally comes across as naive or childlike, but it should include some serious cognitive dysfunction with the flow of current culture that the rest of the races don't experience. The roleplay surrounding the taking and the return of Lucian allowed me to seriously indulge in one of my favorite 'dysfunctions,' and this may well have been the best part of my weekend. Thank you, Val!

And... spent.

Many of my favorite moments this weekend were actually out-of-character, or even immediately after the event. My favorite part of this hobby is fun times with friends, and the opportunity to make new friends, however, so my favorites hardly seem surprising to me:
  • Bowing before Baron Nordheim every time I came into his presence, and the daggers shot out of his eyes every time I did so. The development of the friendship between Egil & Katherine continues to be one of my greatest delights in the game. We had many cool moments there, and even a chance for some of them on the battlefield again, which I always enjoy.
  • Bowing before Baron Morningtide every time I came into his presence, and having that make absolutely no difference whatsoever in our in-game friendship :)
  • ZOMG! Tim as Sir Byron Aldridge. Aw man, I just love every appearance of that slimy snake of an NPC, so dripping with condescension. All the complaints about the hot weather, and... pretty much everything in Acarthia. Getting the chance to stand between Baron Morningtide and Sir Aldridge in an escalating argument... while instead wanting to push Eldred out of the way and punch Aldridge in the jaw myself! Tim, that short walk-in role made my event, thank you!
  • Making Inacki tell a certain story involving his wit and wisdom about 5 times on repeat :)
  • The fashion show! All the new outfits and pieces there just put me to shame! Kendrick's new mage robes and armor are amazing. Connor's leather work is gorgeous. Tiatar's new outfits make me feel like a peasant when I stand next them, they're so shiny and gorgeous. And, JESUS, ZACH, COULD YOUR LEATHER PIECES GET ANY MORE AMAZING?? That kidney belt you made for Osborne is your masterwork thus far. I love all the creativity and craftsmanship this game inspires!
  • The anti-noble propaganda actually thoroughly amused me as a player! Way to go, uppity commoners for taking some cool IG action! I really enjoyed the production value and creativity of these notices, and the time that someone put into them. Thanks for building UP the atmosphere of the game even while sticking it to The Man in-game!
  • That sweet mead (non-alcoholic) that Lagarde was passing around, I think Squire Ri dubbed, "Sex in a glass," and he wasn't wrong. Thank you, Jim, for your continued and consistent generosity with bringing nice treats to share all around!
  • Ivania's permanent fortune telling/batshit alchemy setup in the tavern. Man, that is atmosphere on a stick! I love what she brings to the game with all that complexity, and her showmanship with it. If you haven't sat down at Ivania's table for a fortune, trust me -- a cut of your hard earned treasure as a tip for the entertainment she offers is worth every copper penny!
  • Hearing about far more plot hooks and storyline pieces than I could even conceive of following up on.
  • The surprisingly pleasant ease of interacting with the Dragon Stamps system, and continued efficiency of our Acarthia Logistics team! I love not having to worry about that stuff at game.
  • Banks' new underwear
  • All the kind remarks from the Scions that they missed having us as neighbors. I'm still sad that the cabins situation was an overall bummer -- but way to be super classy about it, Scions, by making that into an opportunity to say nice things to former neighbors, and create a happy moment out of the situation!
  • 75 million new players who were friendly, engaged, involved, had better costumes than me, and were great roleplayers!
  • Shane coming to stay with Rivervale as Bel, with his five outfits which all had named themes, high fashion demands, good Rivervalean humor, and all the many great things he brought to our cabin this weekend. You were a delightful houseguest! I look forward to gaming with the Fashion King more in the future!
  • Speaking of good Rivervalean humor, walking in on some bawdy remark out of Thorgrimm every single time I walked up on the Warchester Court... by which I mean: That new team overall ROCKS! So happy to see you guys build something amazing over there!
  • Brooke Blaine zesting 7 thousand lemons to produce for me my very favorite dessert for my birthday: lemon cupcakes with lemon-buttercream frosting, and ZOMG! They were perfect. Thank you for that lovely birthday gift, Amy!
  • Hands down my favorite moment of the whole event: A great, meandering in-character talk between Kate and Frank -- and the lucky portent of finding a gold piece on the ground in the midst of it! That was the stuff I missed, Porch. Thanks for that. :)
  • Amazing timing of closing up that talk with both of us being behind lines during the utterly chaotic, we're getting screwed, balls to the wall terror that Saturday afternoon's fight, starting out fighting together and getting swept away in the tide... and getting hit with what I think is my favorite effect: Paranoia Gas. The resulting shenanigans with Kate attacking Ulric because he was "trying to cut out Kendrick's heart and eat it," and then attacking Kendrick once he was saved, and poor Graham trying to force-feed a potion to an unwilling and paranoid maniac friend. Deeeelightful!
  • Darius' habit of always being the first one to notice when Kate is under a mind-affecting condition. Thanks for being perceptive of the details, Chief :)
  • Pretty much everything said in the Rivervale cabin, including our OOG conversation among sleepy stragglers during the fae battle
  • Inviting in three cold, tired, hard working NPCs for a snackie time break after the Smart Bugs attacked our cabin
  • Mike Messmer: "A smart bug? Frankly, I find the idea o-ffensive."
  • The return of Squire Yurg! Heh, and Squire Yurg hulking out of his own chainmail just through sheer physical awesomeness. Heh. And they laughed at me thinking it was Traceperbole when I told people that Garion has "18/00 Strength."
  • The return of Little Bear! As awesome as he is in-character, thank you, Sam, both for my birthday rap, and for some good closing ceremonies laughs about future projects! Love your face!
  • Squire School! Awesome discussion about battlefield leadership on Sunday morning! I think this was one of my favorite discussions we've ever had, super productive! Thanks for being MY teacher, guys!
  • After the event, sitting and chatting with Zach over dinner. There was a certain IG situation which, in my overtired state, left me feeling a bit raw OOG. Zach wasn't the cause of it, but his pleasant enthusiasm and kindly chitchat were certainly a great salve to it. I'm super grateful!
  • Ray walking into the Rivervale cabin OOG with perfect timing to hear Mac's stated opinion on certain personal habits. Fantastic laugh!
  • And Rivervale's new favorite in-joke: Many people on that team have these great matching blankets from CostCo. They're velvety on one side, and have faux-sheepskin on the other, and they're ultra cuddly; we call them "sheepies." They are only $20 ea, so most of us have them. Saturday night after the fae fight, after the Smart Bugs, after everything, the whole cabin is exhausted. Bobby/Connor is in bed, and is so tired that our ordinarily super quiet, dry witted Silent Bob has lost all mental filter on his words. He's lying there in bed, rubbing the soft blanket over his own belly and muttering, "I am so soft... I am so soft!" Rivervale has replayed this scene approximately 712 times on Instant Replay since then. That's our new description of something we really like, "So soft!"

Thanks, everyone, for your ongoing contribution to make this LARP so amazing, and our social community just the very best!

Trace Moriarty

Last edited:
Hahaha, okay. I had a ton of memorable moments that I loved from this weekend. I'm not sure if I can quite articulate them all in my tired state, but I'mma try~! I NPCed, so I played many a character. I think I'll start with the specific character I played:

My High Ogre Grigga. I love her. She was just a character from the Mod Day who came to Acarthia to help, and I've been having so much fun with her!
- The awkwardness that was Tinder hugging her the moment she came through the mirror in the Mage's Guild. And then the next hug by Baroness Elavir. She wasn't sure what to do about it.
- The best, for me, was when she walked into the Tavern to meet with Baroness Elavir again, and met I think it was Ryu. And he asked "This may seem odd, but can I hug you?" to which she gave a short laugh and said "Well, you're the first one who's asked permission,". Grigga got ALL THE HUGS! and it kept being a little inside funny thing that came up in a few conversations with other PCs.
- Grigga seeing Lucian during the meeting where they talked about his candle, and then her reaction to him the next day at one of the meals when she found out he'd been turned into a wylderkin.
- Lagarde's sweet mead. Oh it was delicious. And Grigga thoroughly enjoyed herself.
- The moment when, as she was about to leave... a bunch of stuff happened, and then two of the men at the table motioned as if they were about to take their pants off (it was a long story to get to the point of why they made those motions).... and then Grigga turns around, goes back to Baroness Elavir's side and is all "Oh, did I say I was leaving?"
- She amuses me

Other things I enjoyed from the weekend:
- THE HAG! Oh I enjoyed playing the hag in the ramshackle cottage, deep into the woods. She wasn't about to give her spell inks up, and man was it fun to have pet mist tigers to protect her. The PCs were fun to interact with, too.
- Playing the young, adolescent red cap who wore Lucian's horns into town, asking for help 'finding her puppy'. They were none-too-pleased, and she died a quick death. But it was so much fun! (and yet, it also makes me feel slightly evil that I got such a kick out of it)
- The Mining Accident scene with the Scions. Where I was the miner who asked their help, and then became the big baddie they fought... and then went back to being the miner who thanked them profuesly for their help.
- in that same Earth Elemental scene, when Asrith, myself, and Ray all played Earth Elemental guards outside before the big baddie inside... We tried to stop their negotiations by throwing spells at them... and all three of us failed our accuracy.... in major ways. We finished the scene and couldn't stop laughing at the way we watched our spell packets lob over and land 3 feet in front of the PCs.
- The Fae battle in the middle of the night on Saturday. That was a blast!
- "Jesse, was that you using the hairspray?"
- The moment when Baron Manco lost his hammer, and found it in the bathroom. And then I responded to him with "Sir, the one thing you never leave in the bathroom is your hammer". Ah, the jokes.
- The Life Elemental scene with Squire Noah, Frank, and David's character (whose name I forgot...). It was so intriguing!
- The final battle, on the final wave, where my little black fly found a clearing in the battle, turned around, saw a bunch of PCs backs... and started playing the bongos with her "2 Disease" claws.
- I love Gaseous Form, though I need to be more careful with how and where I solodify, lol.
- The barbarian fight on Saturday night and how, when other PCs came up, the barbarians were all "WE GOT THIS! GO!" xD
- Trace's Birthday rap was pretty epic.
- The best was just how appreciative the PCs were. I'm not sure how many times I had people come up to me or a group of us, put their hands on their head, and go "That was awesome" or "Thank you so much," or some variation of that. It makes this little newbie NPC feel all sorts of appreciated. :)

Oops, double post

Last edited:
This event was amazing I had so many wonderful character interactions with more people than I can possibly remember now but there are a few that stand out for me.

Being invited into the Tiatar cabin before the Saturday night foray into the Fae realm and getting an amazing geography and history lesson of Acarthia by the Baroness.

Speaking with Baron Darius about being taken on as a mentee in the healers guild I literally had a stub wiggle walking back into the healers guild to finish my shift.

That being said performing my first resurrection during said shift. Oh man was that tough and emotionally draining. I had only met Griff earlier in the day with a hand shake and as it was our first time in game resurrecting a Biata, I was honored to be allowed to bring him back to life and grateful that he chose to accept it.

Seeing Lucian after his change for the first time! And as I stood there gaping at him he saunters up and closes my open mouth saying "Close that my boy you'll catch bugs."

Not being initially in the meeting with Blackwhisker turned out for the best as the adventuring group I was with was able to run in to the cabin and assist after the assassination attempts. I'm so glad I did not use a cure on the man laying down outside the cabin and instead used healing arts. I hope he proved to have useful information.

A nice relaxed lunch with the rest of lamplight in "lowtown" after collecting 10-15 of the "public service announcements" that were posted. I hope they realize that not all the commoners can actually read those.

Almost going on an adventure with Dame Katherine! I was so excited to go with the group, here is hoping for the next time.

Finally early morning shenanigans Sunday after letting a certain wolf into the lamplight cabin. :p

Thanks everyone for an amazing weekend!

I think I have never done so little combat as I did this event. That said, this event was amazing!
  • Ciphers. I hate them. I love them. I think I spent more than 4 hours on them on Saturday alone. CUUUURSE YOU!
  • Dying! Again! And all the wonderful roleplay that comes from it. Giles will stop listening to Puck now, promise.
  • The final battle with the brain-bug swarm, darting into combat to pick up and run away with unconscious or paralyzed people. Just because I'm out of spells doesn't mean I can't help!
  • The freemen. Oh my goodness, the freemen. You're all wonderful.
  • Babysitting feebleminded, drunk, paralyzed, unconscious people. Giles may have hated it, but it was so much fun!

I don’t normally post up here but thought I would this time. First and foremost was wonderful seeing everyone and felt darn good just to be back up there in game. I can tend to be an introvert and hide in my “cave” instead of going out, Alliance gives me a darn good reason to get out and I really love having this experience with you all every month.
First of all Saturday night I was five minutes away from calling it a night when we started marching and I am so glad I did not leave not only was the set up just gorgeous, it was also my favorite large fight I have had in alliance so far and solidified in my head that I want to specialize in “backpack” earth caster, was truly an exceptional fight and though I did not land a single offensive spell, in my own way I felt pivotal and I walked away smiling and thinking about the fight the rest of the event.
Questing with the newly reformed vigilant was amazing, the moment our “runner” came back with the npcs for one of the mods and she said I am so sorry, and Jay got a big smile on his face and put on a red cap I think we all were having a wee bit of an oh crap moment. I truly look forward to spending more time with all of the vigilant and seeing where we go.
Lastly Friday night I spent an hour doing a solo role play moment up the hill in an aspen grove performing a “ritual” of remembrance I had a raccoon or other small animal come pretty close and scared the living heck out of me and almost had me running down the hill screaming bloody murder. I also role-played being a bit depressed and more withdrawn than normal and the amount of concern shown by many players was touching. Along with the ritual I also placed some items throughout the property and was fun to hear that a few were found and listening to people trying to figure out why they were there.
Seeing my brothers and sisters in the Scions becoming “citizens” of Acarthia was another great moment.
Will close this with how I started it, thank you all for an amazing weekend I truly enjoy having the opportunity to experience this world with you all. Players and npcs alike.

Actually making something useful with my production, I got to forge the sword of Warchester and dubbed it Grave's Reckoning. A lot of blood, gold, and components went in to making it, and every member of our team contributed to it. In the end I think it was well worth it, especially when the undead show up in force. Also thanks to Trace OOP for the awesome phys-rep.

The battle in the Fae realms. I was incredibly tired and worn out after fighting in armor all day, and highly considered calling it a night rather than going, but I'm glad I didn't. It was a fantastic fight, the atmosphere and scenery was awesome. I felt anxious, nervous, and lost throughout much of the battle and though I believe we have fought tougher battles, the chaos and uncertainty from this one was quite tangible, perfect for an encounter in the realms of the Fae. I was very pleased that we were able to take Ruby out, especially for Sir Osborne's sake. Fantastic job plot team and NPC's.

The mini field battle where 12 of us went to take on the bug threat near the farmhouse. This fight had some of the best teamwork and tactics from the PC's that I have seen in a LARP. All of you involved in that encounter kicked serious ***.

Second Breakfasts

All of my time spent with my Warchester people. So many bawdy jokes, so much drunken foolishness and general tomfoolery, but we were also able to get serious and get **** done when needed. I drank so much dwarven ale (root beer and cream soda) that it's a wonder I didn't develop diabetes. Fist to the face with Ulric, doing my damnedest to get Manco to laugh out loud while he was silenced, drunkenly agreeing to 20 Fae favors so long as they were sexual favors, pissing off and making up with Zain, benadryl loopiness, tormenting Wolsey for his long-windedness, the list goes on and on. Had some great moments with new friends, and can't wait to do it again.

-Barbarian fight in the dark
-Walking between the tavern and fire after the barbarian fight and having a npc smack me from behind with assassinate then their response when I was still up and going after them. Armor for the win.
-Having a nice long conversation with Tinder about celestial magic and being taught to read.
-Being able to get to play at my first official event and having fun with everyone.

• I had a really, really great time in all of my interactions as the High Lord Sheriff (16 total… I think). The interviews were all a lot of very good roleplay from a lot of really skillful roleplayers. This entire sequence of encounters has had me with a lot of stress over the last 2 weeks, and everyone was just amazing.
  • The, er, moment of recognizing the proposed solution to the early recruiters for the waylay games. -.-
  • Walking with one group of four at about 3 AM as a redcap, one of the last groups out, starting with the words "you are the smallest group I've seen tonight… are you very brave?" and the conversation that ensued about what was strange about the fey to mortals and what was strange about mortals to the fey. Also the responses when I said "Sleep well… I rift out one!…" in front of the warded cabin.
  • Redcap negotiations: Frank: "So… you are looking to have fun, do you play games? Are you familiar with Go?" Thrush: "I am." "I have it back at my tent." "It's not to my tastes, really, not enough… screaming" (made more amusing to me by the fact that I used to play Go very, very actively… so of all of the games that someone would pick).
  • Arikaya: "Arcane Solidify!" Me, playing something in gaseous form (slightly confused): "………got it!" *backing away* Me: "So… I have to know how you did that." Arikaya <GIANT GRIN>: "Stake of WOE!" Me: "Right!"
  • Having a prolonged conversation with Squire Frank and Squire Klonoah (and Lenyria) in an encounter that I was about 90% sure when the hook went out was going to result in combat and ended up being a pure-rp encounter.
  • Night fight in the Fey realm. All of the different elements made it very atmospheric and a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Back