April Event Favs

phedre

Squire
*sigh*
I guess I'm the first one home, since I had to die and then immediately get in my car and get to work. Funny thing? I'm out early.

So what are the faves for the weekend? I'm oh-so curious!

Well, let's see . . .

First off, Glorious Red and her Amazing Box. "I am not a distraction" And my efforts to unlock the box, which eventually just made me give up and use the key I had.

Wick using the "I'm covered in bees" battle cry about four times, and every time I saw undead go "huhwut?" and die in the confusion.

Every single time my device came out with me, everyone starts backing away and claiming that I'm going to blow them up. I forgot how much fun it is to have half the town convinced that I will detonate at the slightest provocation.

Realizing the price I was offered for one of my more notable pieces of treasure was about what I made in a single weekend of blacksmithing work.

30 sec armor refits + 33 point suit of armor + no-breach armor = happy dwarf. I swear, on about half the mods this weekend I didn't take a single point of body damage. Or took less than ten.

My first weekend of actually being essential. Next device Kurguard gets to work on: something that allows him to be in two places at once.

And finally, everyone going "wait, what? Kurguard can do damage now?" Rebuilding my character this way was an excellent choice.

I'm sure I'll remember more. I'll see most of you in May, hopefully, and I'll definitely be back in September.

Paul Vorvick

this whole weekend was a tottal blast! i love npcing and everyone in npc camp
i loved seeing everyone again that i missed during the winter.
my faves of the weekend had to be
1) going out as a bacon golem again with ben on sunday morning, i love doing that
2) just well, listening more then actually watching, the unscaled mod on saturday night was really awsome. that fight was so brutal omg i thought for sure some one was going to die during that, especially ator when the others backed up down the path
3) going out with sean and sean as gnolls was alot of fun too
4) the battle to get the food palates omg that was so much freaking fun! i remember thinking to my self, wow there are alot of bodies on the ground but glad to see everyone got up, except for the one who had to rez >< i only got beat down when i was rezzing from my position like a couple of times
5) standing outside the tavern with jena trying and watching the justicar and lord orin fight.
6) gloious red!!! lol when i was taking pictures i broke down laughing really hard. i loved how you had doug's hand in your box fighting for you, that was great.
7) hitting people with my fear and death spells during the 2nd to last battle with morgrim, mwhahahahaha
8) going out to dinner with some peoples after wards and all the stories was great and i hope to do it again in may

all in all this whole weekend was so good, and i cant wait for may.
laterz
rachel

I had a great time (prob better time at this event than all events I went to this past year). Wish I could have stayed for the entire event. So here we go:

Finally having an event with NO downtime for me. Usually there's a couple of hours in there where I'm just hanging out. This event, I remember 4-5 attempts to go get a drink all of which failed because of something.

Breaking Sun. The Elven child who cast chaos. The RP in the ward afterward.

Sun's first kiss (kind of). The let's just get this over with way she looked at it. Kainen's "No, not me" when I was walking over (in between the two of them) and thought I was heading for him.

Mourgrymm on sat night going in the circle. The IG freak-out that Pant and Sun were having. Then a hold's called and we relay why we're freaking out, then wondering if we really should be freaking out. The response to save the bottle. There were a couple of people ready to go into that circle for it who I/she didn't expect. :)

Garuda's daughter. Not sure if that was planned or on the fly, but that was so great. The perfect timing too (after the necro elf kid). Have to love Sun just telling a story and then it comes out that there's similarities to stories about her father. It was especially nice because Garuda was talking about having pups before he died.

Being called powerful and such (not to mention the bow) all weekend and being blamed for the ice on the ground.

“I’ve been gyspified”

The goblin and the box.

Running into the taven the first time Mourgrymm showed up and saying “Something scary’s outside.” Then telling Wynn to take care of it and telling Keely to run.

Gnolls before study hour. Sun realizing she had tons of spells she could use on them. “Wait! Don’t kill it! I need to give it a gift!”

Elven panthergast. Two magic bows, only one elf with archery, no cel casters with spells left = Sun vs a panthergast. Then Sev saves the day. :)

There were def more, so post some and jog my memory!

Yay another weekend.

Here are some fav's

NO RAIN!!!

Finding my first rit scroll... nothing special really but neat for my characters perspective... and then going oh wait I can't read this.

Getting part of my spirit eaten by Mourgrymm, and getting even more broken... Poor Avian has the worst luck... had to act depressed for the entire event (or at least try... it was pretty hard to on sunday with the weather being so nice).

Helping Wick teach Melleth how to evade.. or dodge but really just beating him with sticks.

Great RP with all the other PC's

Getting to cast my first 8th circle spell.. only 20 more build and i will have my pencil :)

Meeting Tabin. Great character Ray, can't wait to interact more with him.

Getting free drinks in the tavern. Every time tying to pay the dwarf and getting looked at funny for it.

Becoming a healers guild apprentice

Jamie's crazy goblin with its crazy box... esspecially when she came out with The other two goblins demanding we determine who was the best goblin.

Bill's baby dragon mage was awesomely played. Your fiacial expressions at points were hilarious.

Plenty others...

Congrats, Deadlands, for having the most successful opener this month, hands down. I look forward to more from you guys this season.

- Roleplay was awesome this event -- with both PCs and NPCs. For as much as I love combat and I would hate this game without it, good roleplay is really what makes a game to me.

- Late night arguments with Paladar. Wondering if I was going to get jumped. Gooood freakin' times with Jamie. I love you, woman. <3

- Squire Weekend '09! Seeing Kainen get squired. Man, at least black is his color and hoods have to be the coolest representation of position I've seen.

- Initiation ceremony into the Heirophan. It was a really interesting moment for me, both hopeful and condemning at the same time -- but overall, it was really intense and very cool. Thank you Gary, Craig, and Jesse (even though you blew smoke in my face).

- Void Shard Mod. Thinking "wow, I just got this sword and now I'm going to lose it. Lame." Really cool stuff, though. I like being scared.

- Life lessons for Sevaria from.. Thruggs? Well, it could be weirder. :p But hey, those lessons stuck.

- Tabin and Ator, who I finally got to chill out/work with a bit more. Kick ***.

- "Errand Elf." Sadly, that was totally accurate. This is the first weekend where I felt Sevaria's place in the community really begin to cement itself -- which, in truth, I think surprised both me and her.

I'm sure there's more but right now I'm so brain dead that nothing is coming out. Thanks for the awesome weekend, guys.

Oh, right, two more:

"Snaaaaake heeeeeeaaaaaaad maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!" Best greeting for a squire ever.

Also, the wonderful what-are-we-doing thing with the device on Sunday.
"Kurguard, go get the box"
"Wait, why are we waving snacks in Morgrym's face?"
"Kurguard, go put the box back and grab your armor"
*armor up, arrive back at the battle*
"Fighting retreat! Everyone fall back!"
*prepare to cover the escaping adventurers*
"Oops, looks like everything's dead. Not a problem any more."
*sigh, go back to waiting around until someone explains things*

First and foremost I would like to thank the staff of Deadlands, as well as, all of the NPCs who tirelessly entertained us this weekend! You all rock.

This past weekend goes down as one of my most enjoyed and favorite events in the ten years I have been playing. This is in part due to the character I was playing and her ability to intertwine with the plotlines going on during the weekend and the amazing player base of characters that I got to interact with. NH is one of the farthest chapters on the East coast and I am now looking at my calendar and requesting 1/2 days so that I can attend as many NH events as I can this year. You won my player loyalty with great plot and excellent implementation.

Here are my favorites in no particular order:
1. Not having any idea of who was who, what was what, and diving right into all the plot and NPC characters and swimming--my mind was stretched and I had such a great time playing with others and seeing their mind stretch too!
2. "Do you believe in fate?" Late night conversation regarding elves and vision quests and how it wasn't a coincidence but fate that brought us all there--I got goosebumps.
3. Summoning the withering -- holy cow, talk about a vision quest being deadly! What a fun wave battle that was. Sevaria and Ciaarah with our eyes closed concentrating on our two tasks while people were painting us and concentrating on specific questions all while things were rifting in and attacking. At one point Sean comes in to check if anyone is alive and because my spell shield saved me from the death spell--the vision quest was able to continue. It was so hard to concentrate while I was hearing killing blows, death spells, withering creatures forming, Keely dying on me, Lupi stopping a killing blow on me, etc. At one point Sevaria and I were chanting aloud what we had to concentrate on just so we wouldn't break the thought. Follow-up conversation with Justicar Crow to make sure Sevaria and I wouldn't be charged with Endangering the Public and making sure he knew Ciaarah was equally responsible and if Sevaria had to go farm cucumbers, so would Ciaarah ;p
4. Tabin and Elf Stuff -- it was so coincidental that what Ciaarah is attempting to do in Moria, Tabin is attempting to do in Deadlands. It was downright freaky when we all started to talk about the elves and history and what has happened and how things have repeated throughout the continents and throughout time. Ciaarah is even more convinced in the fates, as well as, the mortals being pawns in some greater being(s) game of chess. The elf dinner conversation was awesome--let's have more!
5. Void and Purial -- Okay so I am a nerd and LOVE to swing 20's with my mind while at games. What an amazingly awesome plot line to get into and have fun with. It was awesome talking to everyone who had an idea about this plot line and the different things they were piecing together in their heads. At one point Ator came up with an outstanding idea which would up being confirmed as one of the things we need to do! Not bad from a "stupid" Vansir ;p Ciaarah is convinced Ator is a mighty genius in denial. It was so awesome to take the RP with Heressy and Sevaria in HQ two weekends before and learn more about it in person with Nick, Keeley, Ator and others. I can't wait to see if the Order of the Pergrine would do well up in Deadlands--you make the nerd in me shiver in anticipation
6. Dragon Elf: What a great concept and even better execution. Bill did an amazing job playing a young freshly hatched dragon elf that had the ability to learn fast and be quite dangerous! These are the type of characters that touch that nurturing/family spirit in people--it makes us as the PCs feel like we have a sense of duty and accountability in developing something very powerful into a potential great ally or even an enemy. It was awesome to see the different characters RP with the dragon elf. Some specific favorites included Wick teaching him "fisty cuffs", Davora teaching him how to dance and Muggins teaching him mercantilism
7. Fighting the "name unknown" (wave of bloody things that made the elves loose touch with the earth, made the biata/stone elves insane, wylderkin feral, etc.) what a crazy wave battle! The effect actually made Ciaarah cry because she could channel the earth through aura but couldn't feel it. The fight was intense and I LOVED seeing Kainen go all feral. At one point I see him take out Pancheeki (spelling that wrong) and eating him. I look for someone to help me and get Sevaria and then she gets prisoned by Kainen and he eats her too. I look around and there is Lupi--he goes in as if he was Indiana Jones and Kainen goes off to hunt somewhere else, leaving Pancheeki and Sevaria there so I could give them life spells. Ha ha ha what an awesome way for a new squire to act!
8. Squire's test -- so a woman and a young boy come to town for food and we find out that she was eating the boy when she got hungry and he called her master, I mean lady... Ciaarah says to Kainen, ah what a great squire's test... she was very glad she didn't have to deal with it. Fortunately or unfortunately a wave battle interrupted the discussion and the two escaped before Kainen could deal with them. At one point Ator screams at the boy to run and he takes off. Ator explains to Ciaarah that he hate seeing a man who is being abused. Unfortunately the boy came back, he merely ran more because of the way Ator screamed at him then being inspired to actually leave.
9. Unscaled Void Module - OMG! That is all I can say. My first unscaled module and I loved it. The only thing that could have been better was the light being shielded or red or something because it was blinding--but it was needed for safety and everyone was a good sport about it. I loved this module even though we didn't succeed this time. I can't wait to go back in again and this time kick *** more efficiently!
10. Brief convo with one of the nobles (the dark elf) -- so I love to talk to nobles and encourage them to keep up the good fight. As I have two different characters that are both squires I have seen a lot and been through crazy **** in the path to nobility. It is always a struggle--a struggle to do the right thing, a struggle to encourage others to do the right thing, a struggle to earn the respect of the adventurers so that they will accept you guiding and leading you--and through it all you feel punched and kicked and loved and hated all at the same time. I love it when the "brotherhood" can come together and just talk and encourage one another--it is like a salve that has crack in it to keep you energized to keep moving forward. Though the convo was short, it remained a memorable moment that made me want to come back for more!
11. All of the battles -- the battles were fun and what I have come to expect from Deadlands--they were challenging, dangerous, crazy but fair. Great battle statting.
12. No touchy! Okay so a group of people come in all upset and sickly and in need of food. I was asked to see if they are alright. A few of us healing arts them. Then some firekin rift in and declare them as "no touchy" and for those who did touch them now we have to be run through and burned. What a great start to my Friday night! From that point forward Rock, who got very paranoid, was screaming "No touchy" every time he saw someone he didn't know (or did know)

Well those are the ones I can think of, but overall the whole weekend was a favorite. Hope to see you guys very soon!

Jessica
aka Ciaarah

Yeah, I have to say -- that vision ritual? Probably one of the most intense and strange roleplay experiences I've ever had. Knowing Nic was painting me while taking the claws of some horrible void thing to the back, then dying shortly after and all this with my eyes close, trying to concentrate -- it was one of the moments where I was horribly in game, in character, and could feel it with a sharp intensity. Craziness. I already thanked Gary, but to all the Deadlands plot team -- thank you for rolling with the punches on this one. I love PC driven plot and I love it when I'm given the opportunity.

I think this past weekend was the most I have ever experienced in terms of being completely in character. There was one point where I remember staring at a tree limb with tears in my eyes thinking about how it was dying and we had to stop it. There was such an intensity within me to right the wrong. I don't think I could ever feel more elven then I did at that moment.

Kudos to an amazing staff and crew! And Kudos to amazing players--it was all of you that made the environment in which I was able to be in character. Thank you!

I can't wait to play this chapter even more now. It's been too long of me going "well I guess I'll go next year..."

I have dates requested and APPROVED. I will be PCing in Deadlands and I can't freakin' wait till next month!

Glad this event was such a success!!! Way to go NH Staff!

Your friend,

Justin C.

Now I'm even more sad that my finals are the same weekend as the May event, :? but I'll be back for June :)

Aw Justin, too bad you couldn't have been there for this event, then we woulda had 4 orcs there ^-^ Rock, Thrugs, Kotual and Tetsu

My friends it was an amazing weekend, after which I am remarkably sore. Thank you to all the PC's and NPC's for making all these aches and pains so worthwhile. Some fav's off the top of my head...

1) Personal plot.... thank you plot team, you rock.

2) All the court official RP goodness. From Jaimie's dark elf to the new squires and the troubles in Authenrai. It's nice that even in the middle of the warzone which is the deadlands there is still plenty of politicing that goes in to building our kingdom.

3) Vision ritual! Ciaarah, it was a pleasure to meet you and be able to participate in such a cool player driven moment. when Sevaria first approached me i thought it was going to be a small rp moment with just afew players, to then watch that grow into a whole town encounter with a serious impact on all our futures was pretty amazing. Also, the rp of trying to keep focus while getting whacked in the back was pretty cool too ;)

4) Saving Justicar Crowe! From sorting out just what was going on to the all town effort to take out the Temptress and the rp aftermath in the healer's guild, it was a good time all around. Best part... "We're not worried about defeating the vampire, but how the hell do we get past Crowe to do it?"

5) Related to number 4, the Stake of Destruction ritual. Rit begins, Dan announces additional formal power begins flowing into the circle, and everyone looks around like "what the...????". Ha Ha.

6) Necrocar!

7) All the new folks who came out to play. From the two totally new players who rolled out as Biata from Stoneroost (was an absolute pleasure guys) to the alliance vets who came to NH for the first time. It was a blast getting to play with you all.

8) Late night attempt to destroy the void shard. however it turned out, I was psyched to see the attempt made and Nic is determined to try again and see it through.

And finally, all the Casey and Tabin insanity which followed the void encounter. Enslavement is fun :)

Much love to all, hope to see you again in a few weeks.

Wow, what an event I've missed! Now I'm really disappointed I couidn't be there with all of you, but I'll come in June, and I'm glad it was so great for everyone. Now I have more to look forward to!

-Tim

Hell yeah Jeremy, that would have been great! My first trip to Deadlands will be at the June event. I am really excited. I hope you can make it then too. BTW bro your hair got total rockstar, lookin' good man!

This event made my month.

-The look on people's faces when the Justicar picked me up and spun me around. So much for not overdoing it ;)

-The fight between the Justicar and Orin that started because of hand-holding, LOL. And the "wind" peeking through the windows to watch it happen.

-Jaimi making her Temptress a total ho. And being the only one of us to get killed before the Sunday throw-down due to her wandering ways. *sigh*

-Finding out that the Justicar has a first name. And Sean's reaction when I asked. "Huh? Yes... I don't have to tell you that. Yes I do. Crap!" And swearing not to use it. Ever.

-Watching everyone go "How do we get past Crowe/Wynne/Casey/Rock/Pantzike to kill those things?" PS, Samara, I love that you got Pant because of high-magic talk, and Rock even though he kept yelling "No Touchy!" and staying away from us.

-Muggins' reaction when he realized Rock got Love 9'ed. "ROCK. GET. OVER. HERE. RIGHT. NOW!"

-Glorious Red smiting the town's enemies, AKA the dust that the undead left behind.

-Feral Kainen eating the dust that my undead crunchie crumbled to.

-me: "Arcane vampire charm"
Pant: "Resist" ::eyes start to go big::
me: "Arcane vampire charm"
Pant: "Got it."
Craig: "Dammit! I knew this was going to go poorly."

-Arcane Breasts. It is the power that cute female NPCs have over guys: even when they know we're baddies, they still put themselves in stupid situations. We got EVERY SINGLE PC WE LOVE 9ED AFTER YOU KNEW WE WERE BAD NEWS! Ahahahahahahaha!

-Mike as the town benny. LOL. Shady bastard saves the day!

-As the spirit of an unborn elf, screwing around with everyone who couldn't see me, especially Kainen. "Um, there are like 5 elves in here. If someone could warn me when she's going to do that, it would be cool."

-Taking a page out of Samara's book, and turning what was supposed to be a "Let the PCs catch you and beat you into Kurguard's trap" outing into "sweet, sweet roleplay". Making myself cry, Tabin and Keely get all teary IG, and even getting to Jesse and Mike (and maybe Paul, I didn't get to ask him tho) OOG. (And watching people go "Ummm..." when I just walked through wards and the Celestial Circle.)

-Obsidian Golem. I love playing those things, because everyone forgets about the reflect thing in the heat of battle.

-Dirty Claw... I love Dirty Claw... Even if I had to play the girlfriend card to get to use it.

-The final battle, even if I totally donut-ed. Christina, I love you as Morganne. Dropping circle and running when the town fought past me. Forgetting I was immune to normal because I got slay-eviscerate-slay-16-16-16'ed and was too freaked to call anything but my phases. It scared Katherine out when you called No Effect to her Love carrier, but I kept swinging it because to her, it was always her best weapon. If I hadn't been so stressed about leaving for work, that could have been some epic girl-on-girl fighting, because what I should have done was drop my carrier and/or death you a couple of times. (I think you still took Gift, I can't remember). If Katherine had found that Stake... I wonder if Gary would have killed me if I had found it and waited til the town came running to hold it up, proceed to taunt, and then recall. Probably.

Gary, I love the plot you write!

I can't wait til next month...

phedre said:
If Katherine had found that Stake... I wonder if Gary would have killed me if I had found it and waited til the town came running to hold it up, proceed to taunt, and then recall. Probably...

Nah, that would have been friggin funny. :twisted:

Back