April favored moments!

HalveElven

The links to the ibgas and to the feedback form will be posted after the event, but I wanted to get this setup now so I could announce it at the game! Once you get back from the event, tell us the favorite moments that you had at the event! So we can do all the bragging about all the fun and share it so that we get more people to play :)

Izual's Favorite Moments

Surprise Parzivel, woohooo!!!!
Easing back into Character, hear a heart wrenching scream in the distance, blood runs cold for just a moment before my heart rate spikes. Yup in the right headspace again. Damn I've missed this.
Walking through town with Puck on elemental mark related business, and the side conversation along the way is priceless.
Encountering a Treant, and learning brute force isn't the answer.... unless maybe I try to bring the entire mages guild's firepower to bear..... Naw that's a selfish idea with Epyxian Army approaching.... but maybe.... it would work right?

Elemental Aspirants Mod x1. Get asked a hard question, learn so much about yourself and your character in a brief moment that it doesn't completely sink in for almost an hour. The ties that I have created with these other characters goes way deeper than expected.
Elemental Aspirants Mod x2. Get to watch the ultimate display of swashbuckling, romance and chivalry (not the code but the act) enacted by a foxkin, while also watching the slow realization of what is about to happen dawn on a characters face, priceless. And it doesn't go all to **** like you expect it to.
Elemental Aspirants Mod aftermath x1 Get to tell the actions witnessed earlier to the significant other of the foxkin, since your silence wasn't properly attained, hey I ain't that cheap.
Elemental Aspirants Mod aftermath x2 Listen to Belswin regale others of the above tale and smile since you realize you got there first. Note to self, Belswin is really good at regaling people.

Having not one but multiple late night heartfelt and deep conversations with people that but months ago you wouldn't have trusted to be near unarmed. I thought I told you these people are going to get you killed even more!

All weekend long having people around who get and support your humor, priceless.

Izual's Biggest Regret of the gather:
Fail to accept a kind MWE's offer of pain relief all the while having a mental debate about the pro's and con's. Realize what a complete idiot you are, clearly not thinking right, and recognize it's time to sit down and stop running yourself ragged and accept people's offers for help. Wonder if you can ever get a rain check on the original offer, but end up too shy to ask. Sigh....

NPCing Saturday night.
You want me to play a Thunder Lizard? Ok got it. 10 Massive, ohh they are going to hate me.... 4 pops, **** son is it going to be safe for me to walk back into town after this NPC Shift? The layout is setup to have me respawn behind their line, mmm the chew center of this tootsie pop is going to be GREAT! Later on at the start of the fight "10 massive 10 massive 10 massive 10 massive" quick clarification did you just say MAGIC, nope MASSIVE...**** then echo by everyone around....****. Hi Knox... Bye Knox. Hi Knox... Bye Knox. Hi Knox... Bye Knox. Hi Knox... Bye Knox......... Target Acquired... Target Lost... Acquiring nearest target....Target found and locked Kendrick and Lumi's backs... Target eliminated.... they made a nice pile... New target acquired, Dryad healer sliding in to save Ken.... nope Lumi... Taget eliminated.. Resume Targeting......

Later on in another mod, why is Lagarde floating towards me while his party remains really far away..... WHY IS HE HOLDING A WYLIE COYOTE ESK BOMB?????? This is not going to end well for me is it... I'm going to get fox bits all over me.... Wait what that didn't end up how I expected it at all.... Let me play with their teams big caster.... ok popped his first spell shield, this isn't so bad..... ok popped his four spell shift, I got him now.... ok popped his tenth spell shield, wait was that really his tenth, I bet he is pissed now.... When did I manage to tap into my superhero power of dodging packets.... This fight reminds me a whole lot like when I faced Kasuni, what type of breeding program does the Maelstorm have???? ohh wait Blue is right here and looks tasty, "MAGIC STORM, MAGIC STORM, MAGIC STORM, MAGIC STORM," aha found the real trap.....

THANK YOU PLOT, NPC's, and PC's this event was so great I can't express it in words!!!!!!

Had a great tune at the season opener. Thanks so much to everyone for all the hard work that went in to making this event happen.

New site! Cabins were awesome. Having an easily accessible shower at game was wonderful as well as having a kitchen. I also think the communal space created a lot more player interaction and role play. That being said Thorgrim was devastated by a "tavern" that didn't sell drinks" What the hell is wrong with Acarthians?

Role playing as our hobgoblins on Friday night was fun. Glad we got to get some good interaction in with some PC's. Excited to see how we are received next time.

Speaking of Hobgoblins, holy **** the fight for the dam. Probably the hardest field battle fight I've had at Alliance. There was a time where I was squared off alone against 4 hobgoblins who were coming around on our flanks, and I just started screaming at them causing them to hesitate, slayed one, and held off the others until help arrived. Definitely a tale Thorgrim will tell in his cups well into the future. I had been saying I wanted more danger and difficulty especially in field battles and this one delivered.

Trace's NPC Nagra (SP?) from the ogre tribe. Fantastic costume and role playing made for a great encounter.

Cynder's Fae mod was epic, Vincent and Dia did such a great job. It was one of those moments where I was so in character the lines between reality and fantasy blurred. When Dia's fae was doing her cats cradle thing I honestly couldn't tell if she had a prop for it or if the strands of gossamer she was playing with were all in my head.

Enjoyed fighting Derek's (Jax's dad) bone golems on our loremaster's guild mod. It's been fun to watch him improve his fighting over time and it was a great challenge.

Trying to figure out what the hell to do with forbidden knowledge that has already brought ruin down upon one kingdom, and if it gets out threatens to do the same to not only Acarthia but possibly the dwarven kingdom as well. Thorgrim is so stressed out and has no idea what the best course of action is. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

In general there was a lot of great role play and tension this game. Cynder freaking out and losing her **** at Elwin for messing with the Fae circle, the heated arguments and yelling between the Barons over what to do with Dargok, etc. I love to see the passion from the various characters.

Warchester coming together Sunday morning for the follow up to our land bond. Good team bonding experience.

All the new players at the game. I was impressed by the level of costuming and the eagerness to jump right in for our new PC's and NPC's. I hope they had fun and continue to come back.

Last edited:
Okay so here goes....one of my favorite events in a long time.

• Trace's NPC on Friday night (Nagra) and the ogre fight down below. It was chaotic between all the cabins but I loved it. It did a good job of breaking up the fight and making lots of little mini-fights. Really fun fight.
  • Debate with the scions on what to do about the civil war. Had some good RP set my mind on how I felt about several things going on.
  • Friday night Doomwing mess. We encountered a diamond master construct in a set of caves and I think the celestial casters made the right choice that we didn't have the firepower to kill him. Then we had to fight him anyways. But at least we got a very suspect "gift" from Doomwing.
  • Got some good quality time hanging with my bestie Lumi all weekend long. The elemental cave mod had some strong emotions come up for Kendrick regarding some of his close friends.
  • Squire School! I felt like we had a good discussion about battlefield tactics and it held true when we came to the Friday evening time during the First Forest fight.
  • Squire Raganzi. He gave some great feedback to squires school and I spent a lot of time with him including late night snackie time on Sat night. I'm looking forward to seeing him more at Big West.
  • First Forest fight against fire elementals - Some of the best teamwork that I've seen plus one of the largest field battles to date for NA.
  • Clearing out Elwin's bakery. He really owes us cause those were some big rats. Had a lot of fun with Gam Gam, Scales and Hat. Our conversation about creating Acarthian Speed Dating with hilarious.
  • Sat Night Dam Fight - Holy ****. I agree with Thorgrim, one of the hardest fights I've been in ever in Alliance. The enclosed space with massive was just kicking our ***. I want to see more fights like that.
  • Big West Mod - It was a great bonding experience for everyone going to Big West. I felt like now we have a little more purpose about why we are going there.
  • Sunday morning four way breakfast date. I mean..it was supposed to be a three way, but then when Whispurr showed up, we just decided to make it larger. I was not surprised to see Gam Gam show up to check in on how the date was going.
I'm sure there are plenty more..but that's what I could think of in my tired mind.

Thank you so much everyone! NPCs, Plot, PCs, New players! It was wonderful to get to spend the weekend with all of you!

Svardi; our love affair was brief, but fervent. I'll never forget you <3

Echo; you're a wonderful mother.

And on that subject, the return of The Bottle! Hooray! What a source of pure and conflict-free enjoyment for everyone that could definitely never blow up in my face!

Nogra! What a lovely interaction! Peat is now very conflicted about something that would have been so simple before! Thank you, Trace, for giving me so much to think about!

Hobgoblins were so fun! Thank you guys so much for bringing us a really well-thought-out group with an agenda and a personality! That was very fun! But also let's learn how to handle things quickly and quietly and before half the town shows up to see what's going on! <3 Thank you, Morningtide, for hearing the whole thing out!

It was amazing to have Faren back; we've missed you!!

Guys. Guys. GUYS. Thank you so much to everyone who banded together to defend the First Forest. What a beautiful moment. But ESPECIALLY thanks to Riggs for some very vocal support and assistance with mustering the town (maybe too much support...if I never hear General Peat again, it will be too soon!) And very special thanks as well to Skycaller for some quick thinking about putting the fires out! (And, of course, to Emily as well, who took the suggestion and ran with it!)

And most of all, thank you so much to PLOT, for being flexible and staying so committed to player agency! You saw a chance to really let us tell our own story, and you took it, and I'm so grateful!

Thanks to Vincent for letting me NPC a really fun role, and to Warchester for some excellent roleplay! 10/10 would be released into the wild to wreak havoc again!

General appreciation for good times and good hand-holding to Raheli, Jax, Puck, Lumi, Percy, Aspen, Kendrick, and Gam Gam <3

And I guess Knox.

I guess.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Can the entire game be a favorite moment? I mean really.

First and foremost, I want to give the WORLD'S BIGGEST SHOUT OUT to our plot team because holy ****, you guys. Never have I EVER enjoyed a LARP game more. I was constantly impressed with your creativity, intelligence and presentation. I can't imagine we could have had a remotely better season opener. Literally every annoyance I've ever had with Alliance (although I will grant there were VERY few) magically disappeared without a trace and I just managed to enjoy literally every second of my game. And yes, that includes being eaten by ghouls. So, plot team, thank you so much for being so seriously awesome. I am definitely looking forward to this season for sure.

Here we go:

*I agree with Izzy. Surprise Parzivel = so much happy. Alis was SUPER stoked that he just randomly showed up. Happy raven is happy.
*Three Ravens. Those who were involved will know for sure, but this entire RP interaction was entirely BIZARRE as it was completely unplanted from plot, and also entirely awesome.
*Food. I don't want to brag, but Scion cabin has it going on.
*Untimely death. I had my very first 'real' resurrection. It was super intense, and I can't wait to see how it shifts Alis' personality in the future.
*All the private conversations and small, detailed conversations about personal opinions and the Knight/Squire relationship.
*NIRRABEX. Oh my god. I brought this new friend to game and I literally had no idea if she'd enjoy it, if she'd be able to hold character, if she'd actually even be into LARPing or think it was the worst thing ever. Boy did she just ******* own this game. She rolled straight into character and held it the ENTIRE weekend without issue and without complaint, even when it was cold in the tent, and I was super pleased to be able to call early dibs on her as my apprentice because this girl's got skillz.
*Shoutout to Gam Gam and her crazy Jewish accent. Such a fun character
*I loved the moment Alis met Aspen and the discussion of how Dryads were only as flammable as humans came up. I will forever enjoy having heard a dryad say in a perfectly sensible tone, "I am slightly flammable" followed by a solitary, single nod of affirmation.
*Skycaller asking Alis if she could go ahead and just cast another mark removal ritual basically immediately so that another thunderstorm would happen.
*Getting to actually hang out and interact with Izual for once. :)
*ANOTHER RAVEN TRIBE?! Whoever you are, I am sorry we did not get to interact much but I am so excited someone else is finally playing a raven, woo!
*Confrontations. Don't really need to say more, but it was great to have some closure for my character for old wounds.

And there's so much more. I honestly loved the ENTIRE event. Thank you to everyone. <3

All said this was an outstanding event. My list of favorite moments is as follows:

1) Sitting around the cabin in the evening enjoying dinner. Friday night in particular was excellent in my mind, with Bladerym (sp?) providing both dinner and entertainment.
2) Watching Petemoss browbeat both the town and the plot team into doing *something* about the burning forest. Watching the town mobilize in record time for her was outstanding, which brings us to.....
3) Listening to Pete protest that the town was not her army. "Do you want to get me beheaded? Because this is how I'll get beheaded!" is the quote of the event.
4) The outstanding and large crop of new players we had this event. I spent most of my time trying to help them stay busy, and that was a joy in itself.
5) Playing bomb goblins while NPCing to fill time as William dealt with....work. This was the first time I had NPCed in a long time, and I had forgotten how much fun it could be. Nice job managing us Vincent!

Noland Gregory
a.k.a. William of Shadyside

Being a new NPC!

The Goblin stealth mod where we introduced the concept of Thunder Lizards doing 15 massive to ~16 PCs that thought we were the fat, lazy, 'shiny seeking' goblins.

NPCing as Terry Carpenter in the Tea House and Tavern, the man sent to gather information on what competitions people wanted / were capable of, at the Summer Faire. This was my first real Non-Combat LARP experience ever. This included the dinner where I recounted rumors of battles and quests that I had 'heard about' (participated in).

On Sunday tagging the (Dwarf?) barbarian with 30 slay and being shocked when he said, "Magic armor" and just stood there with the same "Come at me bro" expression.

Being a part of the plot even though PCs didn't discover us at the jail the first night.

The great PCs that thanked me for playing an NPC and gave me encouragement when I flubbed my spells or otherwise stepped on a rule.

Oh man, where do I even begin? This was my first full weekend event as a PC. I have been NPCing for awhile (I think November 2014 was my first?) but PCing is SO MUCH DIFFERENT.

HIghlights:
- walking into the Tavern on night one and immediately being dragged over to meet a knight (I believe Sir Brom) because my Bubbe (Gam Gam) was wanting to introduce us. I laughed so hard, even as my character was trying to get away.
- Peat's bottle of intoxication. And how I wanted to drink some, but Bubbe kept not letting me.
- Running away from Bubbe to escape to the Mage's Guild meeting.
- HOW DOES A LEVEL 1 PC SUDDENLY COME IN CONTACT WIH DRAGONS AND DIAMOND GOLEMS?! And live to tell the tale?! lmao. I had a lot of fun on that mod.
- flirting with Gillian, and even having Gillian ask Rachielli out... and then go up to my Bubbe and ask for permission to date me. It was adorable.
- The well-played biases of Bubbe, and how even after I had a date, she was all "Oh, that Scion girl is fine, but when you settle down, it'll need to be with one of those white belts or red belts. That girl just can't give you the same things a white belt/red belt can, hunny".
- Helping Skycaller figure out what to do when we learned that the First Forest was burning and the nobles wanted to sit in their haunches and wait.
- Sharing ale with Svardi and Nirrabex
- The Tea House!
- NPCing for Taylor, and playing a Kobold who went dancing in a pool that gave them Arcane Destruction.. just playful. And getting to NPC alongside Shane, which was so much fun! I adore Shane!
- Being able to sell so much of my bread, hehehe.
- The amazingness that was the elemental fight. Peat: "Do you want me to get beheaded? This is how we get me beheaded?" or "How did I amass an army faster than the nobles can?" or "No! This isn't MY army. Wait a minute!" etc
- Meeting a baby Dryad (Aspen), and being amused at some of the comments "Aspen! You can't just ask a person why they'r black!" (She asked the dark elf why he was black).
- After the Dam fight, when Sir Brom came up to me and goes "Do you want me to make it to our date tomorrow?"... and me realizing that he meant he needs healing. I had a good chuckle.
- Somehow ending up in a date with three people at the same time (Sir Brom, Squire Kendrick, and Whispurr). And all while at the Breakfast table in the Rivervale Cabin. Rachielli is SO BAD AT DATING. and it was funny to experience her blustering through it all. She left with a crush on someone, but she's not gonna admit it, hahahaha.
- Actually killing an Epyxian, when her only fighting spell left (an Ice Storm Scroll) hits it and doesn't get bounced by a spell shield. As a baby PC, it was fun to feel useful.
- The fact that so many PCs were so willing to help new players get involved. I never felt useless, and people kept giving me cure potions, support potions, some attack and bindomancy scrolls, etc when I ran out. I may have only had like 5 spells, but the other PCs really helped me out.
- Getting to buy my very first Magic Item! :)
- There were s many other PCs I also had fun interactions with, and I can't wait to bring Rachielli back!

Things I learned:
- Rationing spells is HARD! I never had to do that as an NPC, lmao
- I learned that, at night battles, it's harder as a PC. as an NPC, I knew that most of the people were PCs and therefore targets. As a PC, I had to be more careful who I threw packets at.
- I'd never seen piles of armor on the ground like that before, and therefore never knew it was the sign of someone having died and dissipated to the rez circle. That was kinda insane.
- The fear I felt when walking between tavern and cabins was legit. I never felt that as an NPC, because I WAS the creatures that went boom in the night. Now I had to watch out for them, lol.
- and so much more!

- Meeting a baby Dryad (Aspen), and being amused at some of the comments "Aspen! You can't just ask a person why they'r black!" (She asked the dark elf why he was black).
-

To Clarify, she asked Nogra why she was yellow and it was ALis that said "You can't just ask people why they're -yellow-!". It's important to me this be correct because it was my only Mean Girls quote of the weekend. :p

To Clarify, she asked Nogra why she was yellow and it was ALis that said "You can't just ask people why they're -yellow-!". It's important to me this be correct because it was my only Mean Girls quote of the weekend. :p

She also asked our traveling Dark Elf why he was black, and I walked up to Skycaller as he was saying "You can't just ask someone why they're black!"

Last edited:
So you stole my line? UGH! Copycat. ;)

I was only able to show up for a brief time Saturday night and Sunday, but wanted to say thanks to staff and everyone for a fun late night/morning. Was definitely worth the drive.

The dam destruction mod was fun, if a little harrowing facing down a dual-wielding Izzy swinging 10 massive. Needed that clarification... hard to hear with the helmet on sometimes. Magic? No problem. Massive? That's... that's a problem. The ghouls certainly seemed pretty dangerous. I kinda regret not getting to run into them myself. Sunday seemed like an example of "not enough NPCs" with the Epyxian forces... but I suspect future conflict and opportunity.

Otherwise it was good to get some resolution on the past. It'd been nearly a year since the last time I attended a game... and the future is very uncertain for me right now, so I have no idea if I'll be able to return. It felt nice, I guess, to close the book on things.

Best of luck to everyone.

-Tyler
Skeld (formerly Ravensguard)

Last edited:
While I didn't have the best event in the world, I had a good time this event and there were plenty of stellar moments. A few that come to mind:
- The elemental mod. While I found it fun, engaging, and wonderfully set up...apparently it was an eye-opener for a few PCs. I've not stopped hearing about it since. :)
- Traps! Omg, traps and locks. Yay! And not just as speedbumps/annoyances...they were logical and well thought through. Loved it!
- The dam mod. What a trail by fire for our legerdemainers. Disarming traps that are bucket sized while combat rages is a definite challenge.
- Kudos to our new players! You did great through the rat warehouse and in general thoughout the event! Loved getting to meet most of you.
- The pinball/physics mod. Wow...that was interesting, weird, and fun. ^_^
- Stealth mod gone sideways. Yes, we're terrible at coodinating "sneaky"...
- Getting into a verbal (almost physical) argument with Skeld about whether he could march through the area I was trying to secure. Then, the look on his face when he saw that the reason I was holding him back was that he was leaning against a tripwire...

Thank you to everyone involved in making this a solid event!

I had a lot of fun NPCing this event.

Especially my rp character who I don't want to risk bleed if I talk about. Though I feel a bit bad that plot has a bit more work to do.

The sneaky goblin mod was fun, I'm sorry for calling everyone of my clan stupid and smelly....

I also really liked the huge fire elemental battle. There was so much going on! It was also my first time being a backpack to someone and I felt super useful! And I was very happy to know I was one of the last ones to die!

Bread and Tea. I'm so happy that I was able to buy bread from Amber even though I was very poor.

Oh and the watertower mod! I really had a lot of fun getting to interact with some new PC's and even nicknaming one Twig.
Thanks all for escorting me to my cabin!

-In warchester cabin, getting ready, I say something about soft and hard lay on. John asks me what the difference really is, we go to tavern at 9, promptly at 10 all hell (and jails) break lose. I look at him after and say this is soft vs hard. (that was a great fight)
-Hobgoblins! We found the one acarthian that didn't auto murder us and also somehow got a white and red belt to walk us to the border, with our weapons in hand. :p Kendrick did have a moment as soon as we were out of range of player cabins where he was like....**** this can go south fast.
-Getting a plot letter! I'm sooo bad at doing IBGA's and almost always just tag along with others, its great to be given a helping hand for someone who lacks the creative ability to just do things.
-Lumi had MORE honor than squires and barons. Squire Yurg said he was going to turn in and walk alone, and Lumi realized that probably no one would hear his scream if he got jumped because snacky time was loud. So I stand, in my pjs, at the door with some spackets and my dagger and watch him walk home, and I see him in combat and I scream bloody murder and the belts in the cabin rush to save him. He was paralyzed and bleeding out, lumi saved a life!
-Snacky time, Riverchester best cabin.
-Waking up to Throgrim whining at Cynder that a fae had been in the cabin beause a letter was under her pillow.
-Walking the site some with Cyn and trying to help her find her flowers.
-Almost bagging two rivervale squires and then Cyn comes rampaging into the cabin for a dagger in anger (and then pulling her aside later and telling her the error of her ways)
-Emily's quickling. 'Nuff said
-Elemental mod! I skipped the first one since I don't see a mark that fits lumi well (if you say ice I will cut you) . Going on the second one for shits and giggles, we pull in lagarde because we needed a person with legerdemain. WAND DAMAGE FOR DAYS. The internal debate of what I was willing to sacrifice for the people in the room with me. I really realize how much certain things identify for Lumi. <3 *swoons* Lagarde *swoons* <3 After Lumi (Mandi) failed a jump test that I normally pass easy peasy he CATCHES me when I go to do the second one. He stayed there to make sure she wouldn't die. He's a hero and Bel has it right.
-Warchester dinner, Yum
-Reading my BWE plot hook slip and realize that Cyn and fae time is the SAME time Lumi is supposed to rift out for a mod that no one IG knows about so likely Baron Osborne was going to go nuclear.
-Peat asking for horses to go head off fire elementals and getting a damn army, bigger and faster than any other. (ALSO WAND DAMAGE FOR DAYS).
-The banter before and after said battle was great.
-Thanks to the Dam battle (where kendrick fretted so sweetly over lumi's well being, seriously what a mommy hen) Scary as hell and ALSO postponed mods and rifting. It felt good to win that fight.
-Ping pong mod! Thank goodness we had raganzi.
-(Sad moment)Missing the most amazing fae scene ever (And I play some fae with the greats)
-Giving kendrick crap for Alis dying while he was gone.
-Good RP with Kendrick and Gillian and Belswin after elementals.
-Snacky time part 2
-Seeing the four way date begin.
-Warchester land bond <3 Brochester Best chester.
-Magic storming finally sunday.
-Raganzi was great, really excited to see more of him. Also his wife plays Luim's spirit animal <3
-HOT SHOWERS, REAL TOILETS AND KITCHENETTES OMG YES THANK YE GODS

Tyler, replying from my tricorder so I can't easily quote your post:

Sunday morning Epyxian fight was a decentralized attack. They were skirmishing all around the PC cabins area, not altogether. It was not your typical British troops lined up neatly style.

Trace

Back