April Fools! 2013

Lurin

Duke
Southern Minnesota is proud to offer an exciting new service that will allow active gamers to bring some of their favorite characters into our game! While it's long been discussed that we should allow other larpers to transfer in their characters, our new offering broadens the scope to be inclusive of all gamers!

Here's how it works.

First, Choose a Game, and Character that you wish to transfer over, compare it to the list below to help get an idea of how our transition experts will rate your Build coming into game.

Second Pay the upfront Transfer fee of $50.

Third Decide if you want to bring any Heritage items along with you for $15 a piece (up to 3 may come, items will be no more than 5 effect 5 year items and will be based on an existing item your character has in the current game.)

Fourth, Verify with your transition expert that the transfered character has been completely deleted from it's game of source.

Fifth - Enjoy playing Alliance Larp with your favorite old character!

Here is how it works by Game type.

Other Larps - We'll determine a comparatible class and skill selection, Build will be based on number of events attended, 25% of your build will remain unspent for your to allocate as you wish! (The rest we spend to create a 'comparable' character for you)

MMOs - Bring your World of Warcraft, DDO, Guild Wars, or Even Minecraft avatar over (Minecraft avatars WILL have at least 5 ranks of a crafting skill). Each MMO will be treated accordingly, for example a World of Warcraft Character will Garner 1 build per level, PLUS an additional amount based on total achievement score. Minecraft avatars will have their world/constructions and loot boxes inspected to help determine their starting build.

Pen and Paper Games - Transfers of these characters will require an affidavit and sign consent from the Gamemaster, or Storyteller that the character is coming from, build will be based primarily on length of play, not powerlevel to avoid 'Monty-haul' GMs from invalidating the system.

Console Saved Games - Required to be a role playing game, such as Skyrim, Dragon Age, or Mass Effect. In the case of a multigame character (such as a mass effect character that has been played through all 3 games) additional build will be added.

As a reminder any transferred character must be removed from it's source game, so consider carefully if this is right for you.

Have any questions? Please post below so we can help clarify.

Want to take advantage of this great offer? E-mail us at Itsthattimeofyearagain@mnalliance.com to have a transition expert assigned to your case!

Re: Now Available Cross Game Transfers!

Are people really wanting to import characters from console and table tops games with background/lore and story that they developed in that game to bypass doing it in real life in NERO through RP/Write ups?

I never looked at my level 85 Wow toon and was thinking.. I need to bring him into NERO for $50, sure is easier and cheaper then having to volunteer or NPC to get an 85bp character. and for another $30 bucks, have some starting 5 year items

Something just doesn't sit right with this, but then again i'm an old breed of player.

Just my opinion

Take a look at that date.
4x5IG2c.png

Check the timestamp and contact ddress for all the details you will need for this incredible offer!

lol.. I just trolled myself..

Well played... well played

I'm going back to work now and cry at my desk

request sent

IppyDip said:
lol.. I just trolled myself..

Well played... well played

I'm going back to work now and cry at my desk

I nearly responded today, myself, then I remembered what yesterday was and checked the post date. You aren't alone, buddy. Haha!

<drums his fingers together and grins>

Aw darnit, I was really looking forward to bringing in all sorts of ridiculous characters I had and blindly throwing money at this game... Why did you have to crush my hopes and dreams Dave? :tears:

That's right it was all a trick!

Although, I'm kinda tempted to approve the guy who wanted to transfer in his max level Dragon Warrior toon from an old 8-bit cartridge...

Lurin said:
That's right it was all a trick!

Although, I'm kinda tempted to approve the guy who wanted to transfer in his max level Dragon Warrior toon from an old 8-bit cartridge...
That would be epic! I would love to see somebody bring one of the Dragon Warrior heroes to life in LARP and see how they roleplayed them, since the heroes always seemed kind of... Quiet in the games. ;)

"I cast HURTMORE on the orc knight!"

"Blown. Prepare to die, 190 Slay. Thou art dead."

Back