April weekend favorites

Here I am, sitting at home after my operation, drugged up and feeling terrible and wishing I could be there...

So please use this thread to tell me what happened!!! Give me details! I hate it when people list their top ten favorite things about the weekend and it's stuff like "(1) the goblins!! (2) The thing someone said to me; (3) the fight on the hill....." and I have no idea what they're talking about.

Ok here is my Fav thing...
I was watching and trying to learn about who is who and what is what when In comes a Farmer
He seems to have Borrowed A Family heirloom to show off to his girl to get her more intrested in him
well it seems that he lost it to a group of goblins.

Now it was pooring Rain and the ground was a mud swamp and as if that wasnt enough it was colder then well itm was cold
Me just getting over my surgery couldnt go out in weather like that so I had to decline but the NPC who played the farmer was Masterfull
His Roleplaying was top notch and it truly opened my eyes to what Could be for me in Alliance Larping!

Another Funny bit was when A "dwarf Beard" Slaesperson came to the tavern and was trying to sell "donated" dwarf bereds
well if that wasnt funny enough it seems that one of the Tavern Workers who shall remain nameless Kinda sorta well Put an intocication on his Ale
A dwarf Bears Slaesman $12 SP .... The Dward Walking in on him with a Belt full of Dwarf Beards 1 GP (the fine for fighting in the tavern) the look on the Npc's face when he neared the bottom of his drink and saw a Tag on the bottom PRICELESS
oh and when he finaly exited the bar and One fighter yelled "YES HE LEFT" ran after him then all you heard was WACK WACK WACK even more priceless!

the weekend would have been great if not for the EXTREMLY cold Temp my being Ill Prepared for it the Sea of Mud and getting my car stuck
THank you Again NPC's who helped get me unstuck!
Sorry Scot for getting the tractor sorry (??) I got free before you got it to me but thank you for stoping RPing to get it
and thanks For the Person who moved his car so I could get mine free!

Helping out in the kitchen was an INSANE Ammount of Work I washed more dishes in two days then I did in two months
sorry we got Grumpy with people Ordering water... Constantly washing Mugs and dishes got the better of us and having to wash Mug after Mug of Water
that was totaly free on top of the paying and Tipping Drink orders was well ruff on us

all the kitchen helpers made the time Fly by and made helping run the tavern an adventure in itself!

Please Please Fix the electricty so we can properly cook and heat things!
Sorry the Cold temp and low power made for warm water and poor soup!

FW

PS: the backlava sold by whoever seems to be a big hit!
I couldnt pertake becouse of Diverticulousos but it looked so fantastic and I was told it was made from inported Honey

PSS: one other funny... I dont know the names (and dont know if I should say even if I did) got into a heated debate at logistics about his characters race having Break Command... a Friendly argument ensued and finaly came down to a INSANE BET...

there is no way your Character can have that... the Program is designed not to allow people to take skills they cant have"
"I have the Skill its in the book ill bet you"
"how much do you haev on you... no home do you have how much do you haev in your bank account"
" Ill bet $500 my race has Break Command I know it dose"
"ok $500 its a bet"
"SOME ONE GET A RULE BOOK>>> SOME ONE GET A RULEBOOK"
"IT MUST HAVE BEEN AN ADDENDUM I KNOW I MY RACE HAS THAT SKILL!!!"

I find it a good idea never to bet you know the character rules better then the head of Lagistics :)
and I think one other person jsut learn that lesson at a $500 price tag :)

So...tired...and finally warm! I'm glad your surgery went well Mike. We tried to get a phone for Heidi to call you but no one had signal because of the storm/clouds. I felt so bad. I'll write more when I can type, I've had to retype just about every word I've written. Haha. I'll put down my favorites (with explanation!) when I can think coherently again.

But...it was a fun event. Thanks for all your hard work NPC's!! The "Mud-Bowl" was an excellent opener.

Dear HQ,

Thanks for giving me an awesome starter to my NERO season. From the NPC side of things, I really enjoyed myself, and it made me realize that I look forward to coming back to PC and NPC again.

Even if I fell in mud more times then I can count. :D

Surgery went well, but I felt bad all weekend. Finally when Heidi got home she took my temperature and it's 101...

If I'm not lower tomorrow, will call the doctor. (sigh)

I hope your fever goes down, Mike, and that you're feeling better soon!

As for my April favorites, here are the first few that come to mind (in no particular order.... well, except the first one!):

* Getting my baronial crown stolen by a kobold.... again. (I can see Duke Frost shaking his head sadly as I write this.) Here's the story: So we chase off some kobolds who are trying to get my crown (and taunting me during the process), so I'm feeling pretty good. There's no way lightning can strike twice in the same spot, right? The last time it was sheer luck that one of them got the crown and now we've scared them off and I've still got the crown. I confidently decide, "Okay, I'm going to bed." My cabin is 50' away, so I start walking across the field. Of course, a group of vigilant adventurers call out to me saying that I shouldn't be walking across the field in the dark all alone. But I answer confidently that my cabin is right there, now just about 30' away. Then out of the darkness comes a daring kobold throwing gases. Uh, oh. He Dominates me and orders me to give him the crown and I obediently comply. Squire Raven and Walgar are running across the field at full speed, but the little bugger manages to get the crown (and my tag ring in the process) and runs for the hills. The baron sighs defeatedly. Walgar, Raven and others spend the next few hours valiantly chasing the kobold through the dark forest. I went to bed, defeated. Fortunately (or is it unfortunately?), the kobolds have decided that taking my crown is a great game to be played by kobolds all across the realms. Since they have won two games straight, they manage to return the crown so that they can attempt to sweep what will inevitably be a long series.

* Witnessing the spell-casting dominance of Joaquinn (or Jo'Quinn or however he spells it.... sorry, Chazz!). He decides that I cannot be trusted to walk alone to my cabin (and this was *before* the kobold incident.... hmmmmm..... I am sensing a trend here....), so he joins me and we are quickly set upon by two spidery monsters. I struggle to unsheath my sword as Joaquinn calmly tells the creatures, "You really don't want to do this." They do not halt their advance and before I can react, they are literally 6' from us. Joaquinn furiously flings spells so fast and accurately that they literally fall before my sword is completely out of the sheath. Wow. It was impressive and I didn't pass up a chance to remind of it all week-end.

* The unbelievably happy mystic wood elf Syriah (sorry if I am misspelling it)! I first got to know her when she helped me with my Ward on Friday night. Thinking that I shouldn't be the only one invested in the ward, I invited her to be invested as well since she was basically the one creating the ward (from an item). Imagine my surprise when Ivan wakes up in the middle of night with two, count 'em, two mystic wood elves intent on "snuggling!" Syriah has decided to pay the chaste baron a late-night visit and she thoughtfully invited her MWE friend Darkin to join in the frivolity. After a few embarrassing moments, the baron managed to retain his purity. After all, how could we add "chasity" to the list of Noble Virtues if Ivan loses his viginity?

* The Repentance ritual. After hearing about the "Vengeance" ritual, Ivan decides that there should be a "Repentance" ritual which would cause the receiptant to feel guilty for their misdeeds and seek repentance. Of course, this idea was quickly shot down by his MWE friends (Numerous MWEs: "Forcing someone to feel guilty deprives them of their free will to choose if they want to feel guilty or not, Ivan." Ivan: "Oh..... so?"), Natalia suggests that it should be like a "Vision" ritual where they would see all their evil deeds and their affects on others, then they could choose to be evil or good. So Ivan spends the next hour or so trying to convince all the ritual casters he can find to create this new ritual, even telling Nathan Westwind, "So, you can have this done by the next Gathering, right?" Get to work, Robb!

Okay, enough stories.... here are some quick favorites:

* Hanging with (and being back-packed by) Walgar! He even led the discussion at the Squire's Meeting!

* Garathon (who was *always* right behind me when I yelled out for him), Nathan, Korwyn and Keim.

* Watching Korwyn become more and more uncomfortable as I ask him probing questions about his past (it was Nathan's idea! Really!)

* Feeling oddly nervous (OOG) when I invited several dark elves into my Warded cabin.... alone. You guys always give me the creeps.

* Hanging out in the Healer's Guild. The mood is so nice in there, it kinda makes you forget about all your IG troubles.

* Negotiating with Lord Find'rth and wondering if he's ever, ever going to bow to me. (The answer is, of course, no.)

* Seeing Walgar in my Blythedale tabard.

* Trying to convince Ren through logic and failing badly. (Of course..... have you tried to have an intelligent conversation with Ivan?)

* Seeing Shya Corak! Yay! It's only been what? 12 years? I'd better see you at an event in May!

* Extended small-team battles by the stream on Saturday.

* The encounter with the stone creature (expertly played by Brian Bender).

* "Ithaca's Bridge."

* Gilwing. Yes, I said Gilwing! He and Ivan seem to have this weird understanding. Okay, maybe he's completely blowing smoke up Ivan's butt, but Ivan thinks they have an understanding. Heck, the guy has saved Ivan's *** more than once!

Okay, that's enough for now. I'll post again as more favs come to mind.

Thank you to the NPCs, Plot, and the dedicated tavern workers!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Frank Wiccan said:
there is no way your Character can have that... the Program is designed not to allow people to take skills they cant have"
"I have the Skill its in the book ill bet you"
"how much do you haev on you... no home do you have how much do you haev in your bank account"
" Ill bet $500 my race has Break Command I know it dose"
"ok $500 its a bet"
"SOME ONE GET A RULE BOOK>>> SOME ONE GET A RULEBOOK"
"IT MUST HAVE BEEN AN ADDENDUM I KNOW I MY RACE HAS THAT SKILL!!!"

I find it a good idea never to bet you know the character rules better then the head of Lagistics :)
and I think one other person jsut learn that lesson at a $500 price tag :)

You have it reversed. I told someone that Stone Elves COULD buy a Break Command and they insisted they couldn't. Once a rulebook was produced to show that skill is indeed buyable by Stone Elves he insisted that it must have changed since he started playing (many years) and that the ADDITION of the rule must have come in an addendum.

Just got home, too tired to write more. My faves will be forthcoming.

Although i miss most of the weekend, it still made me feel really good to see al my friends!

From the dark side!

Fire elementals...GO MAGE'S GUILD!

ok seeing little stone else girl cast a spell!! AND THEN KILLING BLOW ME!!!!

Out running Bobby(raven) yea the knee's better man thanks for the care^_^

As a fire ele. matching straight to Baron Rorri..and getting my *** handed back to me.

Evc Findarth 4 times...with 4 diferant lives.

Seeing old time players come back to the game!! Henry, tayna! welcome back.

Battle storys in NPC camp..2 words...GOOD TIMES

Makes new friends!

last but the best time i had all weekend!

"dominate, defends me, give me da crown!...dont forget the 5 min hold for me getting stuck in the pricker bush. then later to return to town with crown on my head...have it getting taken off of me and walk into the tavern....the kolbolt ninja will return."

Kung Fu Elf

:evil:

Swinging pipe with my boy Scooter/Findaarth. He's Batman and I'm Robin. "Holy hopping snot Findarth".

Chilling with Dee/Kiri. Scooter and I may be scary but she makes being a Dark Elf look good. Plus she's BADASS.

A thank you to my new homie Marek! This guy is not only a Dark Elf's Dark Elf but he learned the whole Naga language in a f'n hour! SAAAAAY WHAAAAAT?

J-Dawg the wise old man. This guy totally had my back against the hissing spiders and was my fellow interrogator!

Speaking of Interrogation, I my hope RP with our awesome NPCs, Amelia/Ren, Chazz/Joaquinn, Marissa/ Saraya(sp?), Tonya/Shya and Erica/ Gloriana was scary and entertaining!

The Birds and the Bees talk with the Stone Elf Onitt/Berillius and the following scolding of Chazz/Joaquinn.

The NPCs! The dead eating the corpse. "Dinners over boys".

Alana as her ____ _____ was amazing. "Should we use death?" "No. Let's not waste it. Terethrel." :: Terethrel killing blows the ____ _____ without a moments hesitation.

Jessie as Frankenraces. I would have rolled you. Damn magic to hit!

Seeing Chris and the BF crew. Always a pleasure to see you guys.

Love seeing Dan and Missy! Wish we could have chilled more!

Thanks to JESSICA BROWN for some AMAZING plot!

Had a blast guys! See you as Cinder soon!

Frank Wiccan said:
Ok here is my Fav thing...
I was watching and trying to learn about who is who and what is what when In comes a Farmer
He seems to have Borrowed A Family heirloom to show off to his girl to get her more intrested in him
well it seems that he lost it to a group of goblins.

Now it was pooring Rain and the ground was a mud swamp and as if that wasnt enough it was colder then well itm was cold
Me just getting over my surgery couldnt go out in weather like that so I had to decline but the NPC who played the farmer was Masterfull
His Roleplaying was top notch and it truly opened my eyes to what Could be for me in Alliance Larping!

That NPC would be Henry The Mad. ;)

There were a lot of wonderful moments for me this event - probably one of the best times I've had NPCing in a few months at least. My crew of NPCs was fantastic. In spite of cold, wet conditions, they played their hearts out and gave their all in every encounter. My desk/plot team was awesome. i wish there were better words to describe just how much I appreciate them.

My brain is still a little blurred but a few of my favorites comes to mind:

This weekend we put out a vaccine against Lycanthropy so that the PCs would be able to continue this plotline. They got the ingredients and made the vaccine and all was well - until the actual battle. I couldn't understand why, even when we took into account that many people had left site, the battle was going so poorly for the town... until I found out that one of the people that left site, had done so WITH the vaccines! One person gets bitten - and of course it's Ali, my OOG g/f. LOL So the PCs go out in search of Wolfsbane to make the cure, which they find and all is well again, but not before some good ol' fashioned heart-wrenching RP. I made Parduc cry. :) That's ok, you all will have another chance to kick some wolf-y arse.

The following day...

I had a lot of fun NPCing the Sarr Ambassador from the Three Kingdoms. In one of the modules I hooked, the sarr team took it in an ENTIRELY different direction than I anticipated, so I had to go and grab Tom (it's his plotline) who graciously hopped the fence from PCing to run a second portion of this module - an opportunity or them to get an important item in their race's background. They succeed in this, and then proceed to beat down my NPC and interrogate her to find out her real motives! Guess I kept the RP sufficiently tricky to make them wonder whose side I was really on. If only I'd have been able to get my claws out!

another one...

In the last battle the PCs were trying to blow up a cavern to seal some icky NPCs inside. It was a hard fight. Symerille blew himself up to bring it down, and the count-down to collapse began - the number of PCs who ran back in DURING the collapse to try to save people, knowing that they too could be lost was awesome to see. Of course, somehow the only two people who resurrect in that fight are on the two teams I PC with... don't ask how I managed that. I apparently have a knack for killing/maiming/infecting people I actually like LOL.

Thank you PCs and NPCs for giving me a memorable weekend!

First and foremost a shout out to my brand new, never played Alliance before NPCs. We had seven: Jess, Sarah, Nate, Susannah, Anthony, Elissa, Melissa (forgive any spelling mistakes).

Moments that were great:

Playing Trevor so I could grab some dinner and pass along warning of a wave battle. I walked in the tavern and was immediately treated to what seemed to be an intercession by all of Nordenn (well, minus 1). While struggling to keep my body language and responses perfectly in character (in a situation where that was VERY difficult), I got a very warm feeling knowing that one of my plot suggestions was managing to keep a large group of PCs entertained. [I hope you guys enjoy spending time on the war front :twisted: ]

Sunday morning with semi-motivated NPCs who were, for the most part, feeling the effects of the weekend. In an attempt to get their blood moving, I offered to let them play Chocolate Puddings. The old guard jumped at the chance and brought along new NPCs as well. All Chocolate Puddings (and the blueberry surprise) came back happy and excited. And, according to them, the PCs were jumping in front of packets just to get intoxicated by the crunchies. [Now we need an all chocolate pudding weekend, bloop bloop]

To repeat someone else's favorite that happened to me too. Getting spelled down and killing blowed by Amelia/Ren. It is wonderful to see the new generation playing the game.

Breakfast, Saturday morning. In an effort to better "explain" a tenet of the Code of the Chivalry, Walgar/Tim is loudly bragging about how he committed arson in Ash Forest. I happened to turn my head and noticed both Dan/Rorii and Missy/Darlassia paying attention. Rorii looks like he is thinking "Sigh, it is Walgar, what can you expect". Darlassia looks like she is about to run across the room and slay Walgar until he nothing more than patch of blood on the ground.

The moment of silence. It was wonderful to see everyone show respect for a man that many of them didn't even know.

Bill can tell this story better. The ____________ catalyst. It went out on a certain monster. And, in one of those cool moments, it didn't end up in the hands of a 10 year veteran. It ended up going to a guy who just randomly put in a little extra effort at that moment to kill a monster. After killing the monster, he started to walk away, but shrugged, and decided that searching might be a good idea.

Final wave battle. At some point, one of the NPC casters is dominated and being ordered around by Black Forest (defend me). Our NPCs can't speak the common tongue, so their is no real way for me to communicate this to another caster (to remove the dominate). My solution, I throw a berserk at the caster (I figure safer then him spelling us). This starts a berserk/dominate war. I run out first. Then I hit the caster with a Stun Right Arm. In short, I blow my best offensive abilities on my own teammate.

Heroic stone elf. Final wave battle, a stone elf, whose name I don't know, is setting traps to blow up the cave. He is far behind enemy lines and his only ally is another adventurer who has imprisoned himself. My NPC rogue is standing behind said imprisoned guy, waiting to waylay him the moment the prison drops and also glaring at the stone elf. The stone elf, realizing he can't possibly escape alive, drops his circle of power and sets of 345 damage worth of explosive traps on himself (and me within 6') point blank, thus completing and winning the wave battle.

Only bad note of the weekend: On my drive home, I managed to get a $166 speeding ticket.

-MS

"Only bad note of the weekend: On my drive home, I managed to get a $166 speeding ticket. -MS"

Ouch. That's a little expensive. How fast were you going?? That's what you get for driving a black Firebird Mike ;)

Pippin said:
Evc Findarth 4 times...with 4 diferant lives.

Kung Fu Elf

I think this is more accurately "Attempting to eviscerate Find'rth 4 times."

Scott

Ezri said:
"Only bad note of the weekend: On my drive home, I managed to get a $166 speeding ticket. -MS"

Ouch. That's a little expensive. How fast were you going?? That's what you get for driving a black Firebird Mike ;)

It's because Burt Reynolds is his hero.

Favorites of the Weekend:

Seeing everyone again in a happy setting. That meant a lot.

Nordenn. OMG My team is amazing, and damn silly. I adore you all and you make the game so much fun for me. Prolly the 2 funniest Nordenn moments: Me talking to Darlassia and then turning and seeing Trevor sitting with the entire court of Nordenn and my heart dropping thinking... oh no... this is not good. And the other is being Sassed by Ulthoc and Gwendarra in the Healers Guild. lol.

Ren Suzume/Amelia: YAY we scored her on Nordenn. Mine all mine! Go team caster. Poor Amelia, were so gonna break her...

Seeing Perry and Tonya again. Much happiness.

My Vision... and the cool plot. Awesomeness. Thank you Toddo.

Perry house and his amazing Mom... and monkeybread... yummies

Seeing my sewing look good on people!

Baklavia! Yay Perwin

Elyrion/Shane. You were impressive in the Healers Guild grilling.

Darlassia/Missy... apparently Trevor came to dinner "mud stained from the road" and she fussed at him to clean up. LOL Its good to have another Dame looking our for you.

And thanks to Mike S for being a good sport... HAHA Poor Trevor... He has no idea what hes gotten himself into.

Looking forward to the next event.

~Erica

Favorite moments:

1- Ren Z. (Female Stone Elf Extraorinare!!)
The roleplay was amazing.. we had an amazing conversation about what stone elves can do and their motivations...this had to be one of the best conversations I have had IG in a long long time....Thanks Ren!

2- Seeing so many new faces about town and some old ones was great.

3- The tavern crew you guys worked your butt's off and I tipped you guys when ever I could....You guys rocked and thanks for the amazing effort you put into it!

4- Friday night Mike Engler hands me my PC Card and I am looking at it and I go "Hey Mike Stone Elves dont get break command" Mike goes "yeah they do"....and I go "I have been playing a stone elf since I started playing Nero(former) Alliance (now) and I never have been able to get that skill......" it got into a really heated (in a friendly way) debate with a rule book being looked up at the end and I was in shock when I saw that they could...I ate crow...although in my defence when I started playing they could not choose that skill.

5- I was looking for someone the entire weekend and I could not find them... it was a game of were is Waldo?

6- Sym or Berillious......who am I talking as today?? Alot fo people where guessing.......those pesky Morian Stone Elves

7- Me telling Walgar ..hey Walgar you have too been invested in a Ward...I cast it..and he denying it. Then he looked at me gave me a Stare for a second and I decided to not argue further......I didnt think embarrasing him infront of other of his kinsman would have turned out good. (for anyone of us) = ) Love ya Tim!

8- Zatarina telling Sym "there is a Stone elf panthergast comming this way..why are you moviong towards it? " Sym calmly moving forward and deadpanning "because I can affect it"..and moving forward to meet it!

9- Hey Sym do you have any traps with ya? Yeah, why? Oh the Dwarf miner wants to seal the mine....when? We gonna need ALOT of explosives....then me thinking.....Im going to need a circle to go rez to....LOL

Thanks to all the PC and NPC for making my Ashbury return a kick butt event....

Cant wait to come back-

Onitt H

AKA- Sym/Berillious the other white meat

Yo it was muddy and it rained alot. The new NPC's were awesome.

One of my faves from the dark-side was crunching as some undead with Henry, Kelsey and Bill down by the river.

Dark Elf plot is one of the sexiest things in the Alliance, mostly (IMO) because it is secretive and because it involves a race that is not especially easy to play. It's a magical thing to see when it goes down the right way. Good job Jess, Michelle and Rebecca for putting it all together.

Taking a short break in NPC Camp, listening to the Kuhs playing guitar, singing and impersonating Christopher Walkin.

All things Greyesmere.

Marick learned how to read the imaginary Naga-language?

Jesse "The Snake-head-man" Hennesy, Owner of Alliance CT is a freakin ninja. I marshaled a few of the mods he was NPCing for, lemme tell ya, this guy ain't easy to kill. It's rare to see someone who is able to fight back that hard, while simultaneously avoiding volleys of packet attacks and weapon blows. I have erected a shrine to him and am currently worshipping him as a false god. I advise you go see this freak-show this weekend in Caldaria for yourself.

Getting to see people who I haven't seen in a while. The dreaded East Coast Off-Season is finally over!

-Brian B

Back