ARC speed

Just wanted to comment on the fact that the Arc appears to have really stepped up lately on timeliness of rulings and clarity of their rulings. Thanks very much to you hard working folks, I know you don't hear it often enough but it is appreciated!

Now if I can only get my local chapter to step things up :cry:

T+ 17 days since asking for local and national MWE race packets
T+ 4 days since asking for just the national MWE race packet
T+ 3 hours since asking them if I should just ask HQ for the packets.

Maxondaerth said:
Just wanted to comment on the fact that the Arc appears to have really stepped up lately on timeliness of rulings and clarity of their rulings. Thanks very much to you hard working folks, I know you don't hear it often enough but it is appreciated!

¡hear! hear! well played, ARC!

Maxondaerth said:

I agree...Thank you ARC

I would like to publicly recognize Bryan Gregory for the great job he is doing organizing and motivating the ARC. While all members are participating, working hard and working well together, Bryan is definitely the one making the organizational push to get things done and out the door.

A well deserved thanks to Bryan.

Scott
ARC Member

The fame and glamour that come with being on ARC are usually enough, but sometimes the empty glory of celebrity no longer suffices and it's nice to see appreciation :)

Seriously though, thanks. Everyone on ARC works hard and does a great job - I am a bit more visible due to the public boards, but everybody contributes (trust me, nobody'd be happy if I picked the answers I liked best all the time ;) ). Take a moment at your next event and thank your friendly local ARC member!

-Bryan

Bryan and Scott,

Who are the members of the ARC? You two, along with East Coast JP, are the only ARC members I know of... And none of you come to Chicago so I can thank you! :)

Robert Sachs
ALC

Yea great job guys! Keep it up! :)

Now if only Tupac and Biggie could have figured out their East Coast/West Coast issues before it was too late like Bryan and I have :)

The current members I believe are:

Bryan Gregory
Justin Hernandez
Scott Kondrk
Sean Metzler
J.P. Plockington (sp?) (East Coast JP)

Dan Lineaweaver recently stepped down after many years of service.

If I forgot anyone, it's because I suck.

Scott

Duke Frost said:
Now if only Tupac and Biggie could have figured out their East Coast/West Coast issues before it was too late like Bryan and I have :)

Something to throw out there on this point...

There's a fair number of differences in style between different "groups" of chapters (in the past this has commonly been termed WC and EC, but I think at this point I'd call it 3 groups, WC/EC/MW (midwest)), but everyone does their best to get an honest interpretation of the rules from their perspective. The last rulebook went a fair way towards cleaning up some language that led to different interpretations, and further ARC clarifications have helped even more.

Style will always be different (and this is a good thing in my opinion), but if you know of something that's a major difference in the way a rule is interpreted from one chapter to another, go ahead and bring it up in the public Rules forum - and if there's enough interest there, post the question in the ARC questions forum. Don't just let it languish and complain about it in the style of "bleah, this is how we do it, but they do it differently!" - that doesn't get us anywhere useful.

I've done my share of whining over the years but honestly we are in a way better spot for coherent rules interpretations now than we were even 3 or 4 years ago, and it's great to see.

-Bryan

Back