Archery for August

Figures that this is the event I NPC. :D

TardiS said:
I would imagine it's going to be the same as was planned for the May event (http://alliancelarp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16453) as that didn't actually get to run in May. Donna/Collin can correct me if they decided to change anything due to the number of different events planned for August.

Ah thanks, so its official it is limited to those with the archery skill? I saw Collin post about he was in favor of it, but not sure if that was the official ruling.

Also, Any info about those with thrown weapons participating in this would be great.
-Toddy

Haha Mike, figures indeed.

Contests for this event are currently being finalized between Plot and Blythedale. We want the event to be more than just a tournament event (I think), and so there has been talk of specific members of the court essentially "hosting" smaller competitions, rather than the event revolving around them. If that is the case, I would be hosting Archery, and I have a different spin on the traditional target-shooting that we've done in years past. I don't want to give away too many details, but as it stands right now, it is only for characters with the archery skill, using real bows. If Collin approves the use of thrown weapons, I suppose we could include them, but I think that would require altering the distance the competitor is from the target in order to be successful. I believe we have quite a few bows (and arrows) available for the contest, so someone would need to provide the knives/darts. I would prefer not to allow spears, as I think they might cause far more damage to the target faces than arrowheads and knives/darts would. I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud here. Other opinions?

Thanks for the update buddy and clarification on the Archery part. As for thrown weapons, Knives or stars would require being closer then a Archer..i think... However going off of distances in the past, throwing a spear would not require being closer, but it probably would do a bit more damage to targets then an arrow head. Its cool mate, doesn't hurt to ask, so ask i did!

-Toddy

Back