Armor point phys-reps and tags

So I had a question about armor tags and phys-repping them.

I am slowly building up to a 30 point suit of armor (not counting genre/mastercrafting), but it will likely take me several events. I would rather not have to buy a whole new armor tag every time I add a piece to my suit, so is it possible to purchase a 30 point tag and only phys-rep with what I have at a lower value?

Or is my only option to buy a new suit every time I want to be evaluated at a higher point value?

You can only have a tag for what you rep, which unfortunately means that a new tag would need to be purchased if you gain more points as you add new or better costuming/armor.

For example: If you are rep'ing 19 points of armor, and you get a 20 point suit of armor, you must tear 1 point of armor from the tag in order to legally use it. If you then added another point of armor at a later date, you would need to purchase a new, 20 point suit of armor. Essentially, once armor points are taken off of a tag, they cannot be added back on and a new suit must be purchased/found, etc.

Yeah, I was afraid of that :p

Makes sense though, I'll just have to work my way around that. Thanks!

As a note from the past, you can "Own" more than one suit however. So if you buy a 30 point suit and do not have the physrep on hand, you just can not use it in game. A lot of people would buy high end armor from me IG, and then show up with the armor next game physrep wise. So if you have the cash IG you can buy a 19 point, a 20 point, a 25 point, ect. This was pretty common with the harder to make high end stuff, since players did not want to get into the 30 point armor just to learn no one had one to sell them.:)

True enough.

It makes sense that I could buy the armor ahead of time, the cost is a little daunting though since I've only been playing this PC for a couple events. :p

But that's the price of rolling out the character before I had my full suit ready.

Suggestion: Have a friendly Merchant sell old armor back to Logistics, then use that coin to pay for higher end armor. Then you're pretty much just paying the difference (minus a possible fee, depends on how nice your merchant is).

Back