August 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

llywelyn

Artisan
Please send us your event feedback: http://goo.gl/forms/PXobaV9Ymr Feedback can also be emailed to plot@alliancedenver.com .

IBGA Form: http://goo.gl/forms/IPHST3Z5qf (please read our IBGA Policy and Actions Between Games: Getting the Most out of IBGAs before submitting). Please get them in, if you are sending them, by September 4th at the latest so that we have some time to think them over.

Pre-register for the next event (event is September 18th–20th at Sky High Ranch, pre-registration deadline is September 13th): http://www.alliancedenver.com/payment---logistics.html

If you are submitting a character background and looking to get that approved before the next event, the soft deadline for submissions is September 4th. Email these to plot@alliancedenver.com . You are welcome to submit it after that, but we may not get a chance to approve it or send it back with feedback before the September event.

Finally: We are looking for submissions either for coin (for your character) or GS (for you) for the Acarthia Times about this event or just the world in general! Please email those to plot@alliancedenver.com so that we can approve them. Soft deadline for Acarthia Times articles is September 12th.

Hope everyone has a great time at the event!

Amazing event. The atmosphere of New Acarthia is something entirely different than my last two experiences in Death's Islands.
  • Thank you to Dani for watching a Sarr child butcher and desecrate the body of a lost Siren and her best friend. I'm so sorry.
  • Watching New Acarthia spill blood in the First Forest was wonderfully traumatic. I'm sure Percy won't ever forget that.
  • Thistlebottom was the greatest NPC experience I've ever had. I need more Fey parties in my life.
Already chomping at the bit for September, thank you everyone for an awesome event.

As always I had a wonderful time at the game even if I did manage to take a 6 hour nap starting at 530 on Saturday night so missed much of the Saturday night action. Favorite moment was the Kave of Shivalry mod really fun and funny roleplay with the npcs and pc's and the sword of testicular...

Secondly coming out of the healers guild for the final battle on Sunday feeling all sneaky seeing several of the bugs backs towards me, I moved slowly up and tossed a devastating spell at the back of one of the large bugs, and watching the packet slip right by making no contact then having David (the bug) turn around and start towards me ..causing me to madly scramble to get back inside the circle

Last edited:
I am so tired, most of my thoughts are still incoherent.
  • The players on the beetle mod at opening (black bugs in the pass). Good job. That was a rough encounter and despite a lot of you being very new, you handled it like champs!
  • Talks with the duchess and the tension surrounding the assassination threat.
  • The anarchy fight for the stone. Incredibly hard fight and some fun twists in there. For specific IG reasons, this mod was among the most emotional that I've ever encountered in any chapter. /tear
  • The fae mod. Omfg. The amount of preparation, prop, costuming, scenery attention, RP planning for NPCs...holy ****. I've absolutely never seen that kind of dedication from PC/NPC crossover or willingness to put out effort/cost for a small group of PCs. I can't thank all of you enough. There were some great moments in there. Getting intimidated by the fae noble (who did nothing but politely speak to me). Not getting intimidated by a redcap. Loved to the person who was supposed to be my responsible adult. The cupcakes (NSFW to explain). Thistlebottom and Shane's greeter (blanking on the name right now) in particular, just because I talked with them the most.
  • The "Kave of Shivalry". So effing funny and fun. Trying to put the (poisoned) sword grip back in the hand of the kobold and almost degenerating our interaction to a slap-fight. Great times!
  • RP with everyone. I spent probably 70% of my event just talking to people and everyone was so wonderfully in-game and immersed. I love it. Kudos to all PCs and NPCs I've dealt with. You all did fantastic jobs. Special thanks to some of the VERY new NPCs and PCs who were just as good as people who've spent years (or decades) working on doing better at RPing in a game!

• Feeling my team really come together in support with some common feelings. I love them. :)
  • All the kind words from everyone.
  • My audience with the Duchess. Thank you so much Jenn, David, and JJ.
  • Having Nyt execute me. "You don't need a weapon". We seriously laughed about that until I was crying.
  • Getting my s&^t jumped by Lagarde during the Orc fight. I don't know why that was so much fun, but it was.
  • The whole fight Saturday. Best fight I've had in Alliance. Not until it was all over did I ever feel like we had it handled or under control. I didn't think we were going to make it. Capering hobling shield FTW.
  • The first time I saw the fae party mod location... whoa.
  • In general, I just saw so much wonderful IC emotion this time. It was amazing.
  • Fighting next to Sir Egil in the "Yo Momma's So Hobling..." fight.

Great event as always...

• Favorite moment of the event was probably during the Anarchy fight when I snuck around the NPC line and came up behind them. One of the undead looked at me and moaned, so I moaned back. Then once we go right next to each other about to engage the PCs I turned and slaughtered him cackling back to my lines while doing so.
  • Parzivel's Execution - OOG I loved this scene. It really encouraged some great roleplay between so many different people (myself, the nobles, the scions, Wolsey). What a tense half hour but I was glad to see it play out.
  • Fae Party - All of the portrayers for that encounter made it amazingly awesome. All the props and preparation were so over the top. And the four way sex scene that I had to marshal/direct was....interesting.
  • Singed Desert - I was so happy that I could make this happen. We took a mixed group of Vigilent, Scions, Rivervale, Warchester on this adventure. I got to accomplish both goals I set out to do and we rescued someone from the desert. I thought that having the mod introduce Mortis (sp?) was so cool. What a great introduction to New Acarthia. I really thought he was an NPC OOG but just rolled with it as normal IG.
  • Scion mod time! - Been so long since I could adventure with just Scions. I had a great time on Saturday morning with them. It wasn't a super hard mod, but we used up more resources than I would have liked since we didn't have time to refit.
  • One on one squire talk with Wolsey. I really enjoyed the talk right before dinner. I opened up to him a bit about what I have been going through on my squire journey and I felt like he did as well. Some really great RP with him one on one.
  • The ultra-overplanning of protecting Pikes spirit bottle. I "may" have just overplanned for it a bit, but we had some great time doing so. Thorgrim, Noah, Arikaya and a few others helped out with the planning. Then waiting for Pike to show up I had a great time RPing with everyone inside (thanks Thorgrim for remembering to think of bringing the ale). When Pike started monologuing to us, I figured his speech was just full of lies so we ended up silencing him. Still, Porch did such an amazing job portraying Worden. Big props on him for playing him all this time. While I missed the big fight, I much preferred the scene in the cabin. So tense, we just were expecting something to go awry.
  • Rivervale Dinner - So IG I was really rattled over Parzivel. Mike was also tired and a bit grumpy. So I thought I would just get dressed and then go look for something to kill, cause shinies usually improve my mood. Banks and Anders convinced me to relax for a few, and have some dinner with the team. I'm so glad they did. I love my team and appreciate them so much. Just having a half hour to relax with them really reset my entire mood for the night.

• Feeling my team really come together in support with some common feelings. I love them. :)
  • All the kind words from everyone.
  • My audience with the Duchess. Thank you so much Jenn, David, and JJ.
  • Having Nyt execute me. "You don't need a weapon". We seriously laughed about that until I was crying.
  • Getting my s&^t jumped by Lagarde during the Orc fight. I don't know why that was so much fun, but it was.
  • The whole fight Saturday. Best fight I've had in Alliance. Not until it was all over did I ever feel like we had it handled or under control. I didn't think we were going to make it. Capering hobling shield FTW.
  • The first time I saw the fae party mod location... whoa.
  • In general, I just saw so much wonderful IC emotion this time. It was amazing.
  • Fighting next to Sir Egil in the "Yo Momma's So Hobling..." fight.

I felt AWFUL about that. Someone near me (no idea who), shouted in my ear, "PARZIVEL GOT TURNED AS UNDEAD"...so I jumped your ****. You turning around and saying, "Hey hey hey...friendly. Please stop" just wrecked me. :)

I had a great event. Thanks so much to everybody for such an awesome time. Staff, Plot, NPCs, PCs. Everybody!!! Your all a great group of people that I am truly thankful for getting time to hang out with.

• Loot Sack - It such a great opportunity to meet people and interact with everybody that I love the most. One day I will be able to remember everybody names and this is helping so much.
  • Getting to see my first ritual magic!
  • Shortly after followed by getting invested in the Mage guild
  • Ritual school
  • Rivervale - You are amazing hosts!! Thanks so much for letting me stay with you these last few months.
  • Drums during the orc fight. It felt so amazing!!!
  • Fae Party - Playing Finneapea, all the PCs and NPCs and traitors PCs having fun. I hope to get to play him again!!!!!
  • Thistlebottom - Doug you did a great job. You win best in show for me.
  • Griff and William belly dancing
  • Finishing Loot Sack, no math errors, and thinking about how to make it better.
~Bel

Before I start my list of favorite moments from this last game, I want to open with a few thank yous.

Dia, Ray, Cory, Izzy, and Bria.

I have been around the roleplaying world enough at this point that it takes a bit to make me cry in game. It really does. Yet, between four of you (in particular the last two), it happened at this last game. These were not the tears of, "OMGs, I lost someone!" or gut wrenching sobs resulting from vocal dramatics. These were the quiet tears of someone (Tinder) who'd reached a wall trying to process a thing, and needed help finding the crevices in which to jam her fingers to get over it (which is where four became five). Some of the moments I had in the midst of this chain of events were the most immersive and moving I've had since I started playing the character, and I am immensely grateful to all of you for having contributed to it.

Now, on to the moments! (In no particular order):

* Hearing Trace say, "Oh my God, [Raen], is that you???" during the Baron Pike battle when she looted my giant skeleton remains.
* Trading stories with the NPC players - it is so worth while hitting NPC camp just for the benefit of seeing this tireless team as the people they are rather than the mobs trying to kill us; in particular, getting to see the glee with which Mike Messmer takes to NPCing, and getting to hang out with Amber, Rachel, Raymond, and Miguel.
* Also, portraying a giant rat - I don't think I've had that much fun in a long time, and I particularly liked the beat down I got from that lone guy with the shield.
* Morning mod/component hunting with Eldred, Rourke, and Blue - we didn't find anything, but the conversation was fun, and the company wonderful.
* Nectarine pealing with Ryu's player and Dia - staying IC didn't really happen, but I'm always happy to spend time with good people I haven't gotten to spend much time with.
* Also, Jack's food!
* The thoughtful gifts of wooden eating utensils that Tinder got from friends this weekend, and the subsequent effort of trying to describe why putting metal in her mouth was not something she fancied.
* Sunday morning, and the expression on the Baroness' face when I said, "I could have watched that, and this would have also made things better." (Duer's followup was almost as good, but I'd rather leave the full contents of the conversation more mystery than not).
* The metaphysics of Fortannis with Baron Rivervale - awesome conversation, which yielded the phrase cinnamon sugar to describe the known worlds, and other interesting ideas.
* Speaking in a conspiratorial fashion with Duer.
* A theoretical 'what-if' conversation in the mage guild (that resulted in the mage guild door being closed).
* Razzing LeGarde for trying to sell someone (or selling someone, depending on who one listens to).
* Dying but not quite res'ing in the Saturday evening fight - being the bottom of a corpse pile, and feeling the bodies being added one after another, while I counted my way toward 5 was surreal; waking up with Tinder's nose in Blue's things created its own complicated series of emotions.
* ... getting zotted in the ear by a flying Silence spacket (thank gods for Spell Shield).
* ... getting zotted in the chin by a flying 7 damage arrow (thank gods for Magic Armor).
* ... and that epic moment, when I had already thrown a Dragon's Breath and a Prison at Anarchy, when an opening in the line happened and I found myself standing right in front of him, with no one between us. I thought, If I miss, he will kill me; if I hit, it will be worth it, right before I threw my memorized Prison. My spacket left my hand as Jesse was lunging forward, and I'm pretty sure it hit right about the time I was taking his sword to the neck. We stopped for a moment so that Jesse could make sure that I was all right (and declare Spell Shield) before continuing on. (In the confusion of clarifications, I forgot whether the neck shot counted or if I was supposed to be on the ground, so I dropped on the next hit, which is how I ended upon the bottom of the corpse pile).

Now, I do want to take a few moments and talk about another sequence of events in particular, that was comical and awesome.

There Tinder was, in front of the tavern, paralyzed. Someone moved her closer to the tavern. Someone tried to Release her, and it didn't work, so Lola moved her behind a corner at the tavern, where I proceeded to stand, poised to throw, for a very long time (ow, my legs). Lola very kindly positioned Tinder so she could see what was coming at her, and carefully moved other characters in similar fashion. Then Puck came by, and asked me to hold his book (which he tucked into the crook of my unmoving, unresponsive arm). Eventually, Noah ended up alongside me, and then Banks, who was placed just out of sight. Lola, being smart, knew that Banks was the man with the box, and started rifling through it, looking for Purifies (I can't reproduce that dialogue - it was hilarious to hear from around the corner). Eventually, she made a noise that sounded like, "Found it!" and Banks was moving the next moment later.

"You have some friends here," started to come out of Lola's mouth... just as Banks disappeared beyond us, out of sight, somewhere up the hill, resolutely leaving us stranded where we were. "And he's gone," she said (or something thereabouts).

The fighting ended. A gypsy retrieved one of his paralyzed friends to position in awkward fashion. I counted seconds, and, eventually, someone came to check how much longer we were going to be paralyzed for.

I was at 20 seconds left on my count when she got to me. Banks and Puck both got an earful later. And I consider this one of the best combat roleplaying scenes ever. Thank you Trace. Thank you John. Thank you Kix. (Trace in specific particular, because it was Lola's running dialogue that made this the most entertaining).

There is more, of course, but this was a charged event on so many levels, and I want to leave the electricity for the next game.

Thank you for a great game, everyone!

Before the event ever started talking strategy and tactics for dealing with Pike when he returned to his bottle with Kendrick, and continuing on with that discussion into the beginning of the evening on Friday. We ended up being overly paranoid, but still I think things went off exactly as we expected, and we were prepared for the situation so all the planning was worth it. The tension was palpable and even though I missed the actual battle with Pike, I was happy to experience some great role playing with those who stayed back at Rivervale cabin.

Stone elemental mod. The NPC's for that mod were great, I loved bantering back and forth with you all and our rock throwing contest. The "Stooooone" dance as I am calling it was awesome. Was really glad that we settled that one without combat because I really liked you guys.

Saturday mods in general were a lot of fun. I had almost written off random mods in the woods because they had not been great/profitable the past few events for me, but I really enjoyed all the ones I got to go on this time. Loreseeker Jones, you're a terrible person and I hate you for getting me killed and almost rezzing. Great fun though.

Getting to spend more time fighting with Warchester's newer members. I am really excited about how much improvement I have seen over such a short period of time with our team.

Showing up late to the Saturday bug fight, and running in with a jug of ale in one hand and sword in the other and using my slay on the last bug still standing. It was one of those great moments I could only have playing a dwarf. Sorry if I charged there at you Will I was just really excited to get that one in.

Partying in the mage's guild with delicious intoxicate/hallucinate cupcakes, and obsessing over Aneira's super fuzzy blanket. Mage's guild knows how to party.

Last but certainly not least, was NPC'ing the Saturday night field battle. Often times when NPC's are waiting around for the PC's to show up we just banter out of character. I did not hear a single person breaking character even though we had no audience other than ourselves. We were orcs the whole time and were excited and ready to defend our home and drink the blood of those who threatened us. I am glad the drums and shouting were well received by the PC's on their way up. I was playing a caster which I had not yet done at Alliance, but I had been practicing it at fighter practice. I had some great battles with some of the PC's including Locke who waylayed me once which I absorbed with my magic armor but still hung back and waited for another moment to strike, taking me down with a 2nd waylay, and with Egil who I finally pissed off enough that he decided to sit me down with a weakness death combo that he can pull off entirely too fast. Then watching the PC's reaction after what was already a very difficult fight when we ditched the orc garb and switched over to skeletons with Anarchy. I don't think I've ever seen so many PC's down in one fight, and I commend the players for using some excellent tactics like sanctuary blocking to barely survive such a difficult encounter. One of the better field battles I've had the chance to participate in.

This was an exceptionally challenging event for me OCly, so bleed and emotions were a thing for me this past weekend. That said, here's a few shout outs

• This was the first event I got to interact w/ Lola, and I think the "crotch rot" threats to the NPCs solidified my amusement of Lola's unusual methods of managing assassins
  • I got to dump water on three unsuspecting assassins, which was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the various interrogations. (Thank you to my lovely water girl helper!)
  • Thank you to Noah for taking the time to Brief the Baroness about "the plan" on Friday evening.
  • As always thank you to Jack for an amazing weekend of food! (Especially Friday!)
  • I got to interact with some players I dont normally have the opportunity to, it always adds a ton to my immersion to meet more of the newcomers, thank you!
  • Someone asked me for the first time in 2 and a half year about how I became a Baroness. Most conversations I have ICly are "ERMERGERD ITS ON FIRE" so this was really nice. Thank you Voux (spelling?) and friends for the lovely rp on the walk back to the cabin.
  • Thank you to Aroura and ZhiZhi for being so accommodating, for the awesome RP, and for being willing to join my Tourney team on the fly!
  • Dinner this event on Sat was a TON of fun. That kind of RP is really what helps me stop being so stuffy as a character. Thank you guys :)
  • The Saturday night fight was by far the most terrifying/close to death I've ever been. The push was ROUGH. The fight and second stage was ROUGH. The emotional moment of realizing I'd lost two of my own people was more rough. It's a fight that will stay with me for a long while. #ineedmorepotions
  • Screaming ATTACK! as the start of the fight was really awesome. I doubt I'll ever get to do that again.
There's more stuff, but for now that's what I can recall. It was a pretty intense event for me, so I know I'm forgetting things.

Firstly major thanks to all of the Alliance plot team, Logistics and NPC team! You guys make these events such an amazing time every month and I truly appreciate your hard work and effort!

• This month saw me really taking the reigns on Lamplight and while Radelfur and I still have a few kinks to work out I'm really happy to see our guild progress.
  • Friday night running interference between the main line and triage and being able to keep undead off the healers and refiters.
  • Getting jumped by rats on the way back to lucky and getting to fend them off with Heroes alliance. Poor Inaki having to go through silver bolts on the ones that only him and I could hit.
  • Saturday morning Getting some business done for Lamplight with the merchants guild and the weird order I put in there.
  • My healers guild shifts are cursed... I had some wonderful conversation with Parnash (Also yay getting her invested!) But I yet again had a resurrection during my shift that puts me at 7 of 8 shifts with a resurrection.
    Also ressing Loreseeker Jones was super fun I played with that one a bit and It was the most hilarious res ever.
  • OMG the amazing setup for the bug mod Saturday afternoon! Plot and NPC's That was fantastic! it got really scary at the end there I want to thank Rivervale and everyone else who gave Abtus that 3 times ever life Item it helped me save Ri's life.
  • Drinks outside the tavern with Tiatar and wonderful guests. Also "drooling" while waiting for strawberry wine and Rourke cracking up over it.
  • My NPC shift for the Saturday night battle I had such and adrenaline rush before combat as an orc I was ready to kill by the time the PC's showed up.
    This also left Abtus conflicted because while he was out on "guard duty" Two of his friends had to res.
  • Then the fight to retrieve Baron Darius's mother Abtus foolishly left his earthblade item in camp before guard duty. I spent the rest of the night IC beating my self up but it allowed some good reflection for him and he'll grow form that.
  • Waking up Sunday morning just in time to get to the auction and getting that Purify Item for the Lamplight stores! And having Faren let me know it was a good purchase and how to use it since its way above what circle I have open.
  • Using said item to Purify Ri and getting a amazing smile form Faren and sharing it back as Abtus.

Again thank you so much to everyone who I interact with during these weekends even If I don't mention it above you all really make it so wonderful to share our time together in New Acarthia.

P.S. Also loot sack!! Thank you so much to Belswin and Kendrick for running this now I can just keep killing monsters and not have to try to search in the middle of battle!

This event was a BLAST!
  • I finally achieved my three month goal, and was taught the Mind Read ability, with some incredible, in depth, personalized RP with Misty. Then was quickly whisked away to Greenwood Circle with intent to use my new found abilities only to find that poor newbie Griff was WAAAAY outclassed.
  • Hanging out in front of NPC camp shooting the breeze with my impromptu adventuring party; then finally getting to team up with Jax to finally use some break commands (my first time!)
  • Even though "Captain" totally showed me up at lock picking ;), I still had a great time NOT successfully picking a pin and tumbler lock (after I told everyone I could totally do it). Thanks David for letting me work with your equipment and locks, and for the quick tutorial! Your warded locks won't stop me now!
  • Getting to perform my newly learned dance moves on the streets of New Acarthia! Then getting ambushed before I could change. Peacocking worked to distract quite a few bugs!
  • Gambling (and losing the only gold piece I had earned up to that point) at Hi-Ho's (thanks Moria for the killer location/atmosphere!) playing dice with all the pages and other new friends. Enjoy the gold while you can Sea-Grass because I WILL win it back!
  • Although IG personal standards kept me from joining the town while evicting innocent (mostly) Orcs from the lands so that the Duchess could tell all her friends that the land was ACTUALLY hers now, I was still able to hear all the drumming and chanting of warcries from the Orc camp which was a HUGE immersion thing for me. I loved it! OOC I am a little bummed that I missed such a legendary fight.
  • My first Sunday spent in New Acarthia was pretty awesome! we managed to squeeze in two mods, and got to adventure with some new people (even though IG I was very distrusted for something some Biata did a while back). Thanks for letting me join you Ivan (Scion crew)!
Can't wait for the next event!

Ok, so this was a very emotionally draining event, but there were a lot of good moments.
  • The Pike mod atmosphere was fantastic, and slowly making our way up to hear "I WANT DARRIUS" made me actually shake and contemplate running back to the tavern. I definitely appreciated the lighting as well, made it soooo much easier to not hit people in the face!
  • Having a fairly mellow Saturday was nice, and just walking around with Tinder, Morningtide, and Rork looking for mods was fun (even if we didn't find anything).
  • Watching the baroness torture the assassins with water. Pretty sure it just made them more comfortable, given the weather.
  • Saturday dinner roleplay was fun and silly. Apparently Blue is a strumpet for giving a 68-year-old elf her first alcoholic drink. Oops.
  • Dem orc drums though. That was intimidating as all hell. Especially listening to the NPCs chanting and then start throwing things at us until Rork yelled for the baroness' orders.
  • Fighting the Saturday night battle was INTENSE. The coordination in our side group was awesome, and I think I needed to have a spell shield recast all of once. I didn't even need any healing until Anarchy showed up. Being undead doesn't work when the NPCs attack you as you're attacking other PCs though, and the look they gave me when I turned and told them I was on their side was hilarious.
  • First time dying, and it was definitely a turning point for Blue. The story Fern told was humorous (Lucian is going to yell at you! The baroness is going to yell at you! Vira is going to yell at you!), but the roleplay I got from friends afterwards was amazing. Rawra and Abtus drove me closest to crying, and reinforced the hurt a little bit haha.
  • OMG THE FAE MOD. I can not say enough good things about this! The atmosphere was amaaaazing, the PCs and NPCs mingling was wonderful, and spiking the drinks made for some awkward and hilarious roleplay. Love loved looooved the characters. Roleplaying with Jay as a redcap trying to take an out-cold Lagarde (and keeping him from doing so) was nerve-wracking, and then having the person you were chaperoning get dosed with love and turned on you? Hilarious. Blue will never let Lagarde live it down :)
I did end up skipping Sunday due to leg problems, but this game had some of my favorite moments so far. I am definitely going to be begging for more fae parties :)

Wow what a great event. Again thank you to Plot and NPC for doing such a fabulous job. (So sorry this turned into a novel)
  • So to start off us, Warchester was great again this event from the moment Mark and me walked in they made us feel welcomed and were so helpful. Also loved meeting more of the group, still wondering if there really is a Baron though, I think he may be just made up :p
  • Also it was great having Lola at the Healers Guild meeting, she made what can be a boring meeting (no offense Healers guild) really fun. Thanks Lola.
  • Next we help fight the bugs Friday Night having to stop to look for glasses to find my husband almost stepping on them, eekk.
  • Then the fight with Pike, I was soo nervous, while we were waiting I was practicing my archery, as a new archer I have been practicing at home, but wanted to do well and man was that battle intense. I felt the undead kept popping up everywhere and love how Lola kept counting us to keep our group together. She was like the crazy aunt keeping all of her nieces and nephews in line.
  • The next day I woke up bright and early (I am morning person) I love wondering around before all the monsters are out looking for Mod cards and this morning I found my first mod card!!
    Also got to meet up with the other early morning Warchester peeps Ulric and Gyda and they gave me tips for finding mod cards and ingredients. Also they are just wonderful travel companions.
  • Next we did our mod which ended up being one of the most hilarious mods. Leave it to a dwarf to get into a stone throwing contest with stone elements, loove it!
  • Next mod was cool because it really helped my confidence on being an archer fighting some brain bugs with out having all the fighters weapons and armor disintegrate when they fight them.
  • Then moving on to helping with the Siren mod fo Knox.....hmm I found out that Jax is a bit twisted and I need to keep a close eye on the page Sarr. Jax decided it was just great to bring the Siren her pet shark that we already killed and hacked apart. Yeah.... and then of course having the Sarr jump up and down wanting the privilege of killling the Siren and dismantling her...... Good news though archery is great way to kill things and not have to worry about going into the water :)
  • While waiting around it was soo fun hanging out with Fodder and helping teach belly dancing including some great belly dancing from our men and man can they shake those hips :)
  • Next Warchester had to go party in the evening.... when we switched over to NPCs. Ohh my gosh that was the best time I had as an NPC. I really felt like and orc, I had soo much learning how to use the pole-arm, if I need to switch from archery I think that is how I will go. Loved being apart of the scout team with other Warchester peeps, it was soo cool to hear the orc drumming and noises and had a great time sneaking in the woods learning how to hide. And ooh my gosh I forgot how hard it is to see with a mask on and at night time. It was also soo funny and cute seeing Lumi with a shield and sword as big as her.
  • Next changing back into PC, and I was heading out to try and belly dance but we got a visit from the Spinner which was very cool and a different kind of encounter.
  • Next day waking up a little later but still early and wondering around. I really just love hiking around and seeing all the pretty sights.
  • Also I was able to learn a little more about the healers guild thanks to some helpful guild members.
  • Then going on the mod which was the second most hilarious mod with the cave of Shivery and watching Lagarde try to get the Colbalts to grab the poisoned (testicular) sword.
  • Sadly though during the last fight twisted my foot/ankle but a big thanks to everyone who helped me out, you guys are amazing and soo helpful!!!
See you guys next game hopefully with no crutches :)

Last edited:
This was an awesome event all told! My high points:
  • The bug fight Friday night. We may have only been against a few NPCs, but that fight was scary! From feeling useful with some well placed Fortresses to hearing a "No Effect" when trying to repel the last big one...Not to mention Giles's new righteous fury against bugs of all kinds everywhere. No one eats his books and escapes unscathed!
  • The Saturday bug fight at the farmhouse. The real fear I felt when I knew why the farmer's wife was in such pain. The super tense moment when we had 3 paralyzed (and 1 dead) party members and one angry bug still up. Thank you again, Vorn, for being an arm rest so I could keep the Repel up long enough for Abtus to re-fit and life Ri!
  • NPCing Saturday at the Orc fight. Loved the atmosphere all the orcs created, even though the character I was playing had nothing but disdain for the primitive, stupid tools. Also, dropping near enemy lines, having them heal me and get me up since I was human, and then seeing the baffled look on Egil's face when I shout "2 Waylay!" Stupid Magic Armor. :p
  • Pondering late Saturday night if it would be a wise idea to Wizard Lock sections of the tavern and trying to take a nap while waiting for his fellows to return from a fae party. This is why you don't leave me alone. :p
  • General quality time spent rping with Ri, Beri'al, Lucian, Adrian, and Draven. Felt like I was really doing Guild of Cerberus things that weekend.

Okay, I have had some time to digest the event, and this one was awesome. Many high points, in some sort of order:

Friday night, going in as a PNPC and getting talked into going along on a defend the town mod, the endurance bug fight. First time I played a full on caster, and doing not too bad. thanks to Knox for helping me to get some of the castings down on the way up as I dont normally cast. also on that mod, feeling the peril to the group, deciding that someone needed to get reinforcements, and making sure that it was possible to do so. then running down from the mod site and then back up with new PC's to save the initial group. very stressful and immersive. and lots of fun ^_^

the Pike fight was fun. I enjoy bouncing off the main line and keeping the rear guard busy.

on sat, the Loremasters meeting. Thank you to those that attended and I hope to have more people there in furture meetings. and getting to interact with Loreseeker Jones.

in as part of a mod (or just after one) later and starting to hear the bits and pieces of how the loreseekers mod worked out. and struggleing to not make additional commentary. :)

the various bug fights were fun. having to integrate an ever evolving card is challenging.

the Sat night Orc fight! after our briefing we were starting to mill around a bit, but then Jeff Southern started drumming on a trashcan, and thats all that we needed to start the party rolling. From then on we were the Blood Drinkers Tribe and just itching to take on the New Acarthians. It was also my first time playing a big bad for an encounter. And being able to provide a tactical combat presence. Just something about trying to keep that chaos somewhat controlled even as the line is crumbling as orcs are trying repop back into the combat.

the RP about the orc village. both the earlier mod where the village was pointed out to the town as well as the night fight. had a lot of fun bantering in the earlier one (me: come, lets dance! Baron Morningtide: *works to the side of the group a little bit, starts dancing a little* "Alright, dance off." Me: *dances a little bit in response* "Okay, we danced, now we fight") and and in the evening, as we are again bantering before the fighting starts: "let us hear what weak words they have to say!" then silence for a number of seconds :)

Also the role play and personal moments that I had both in character as well as out. this was a blast of an event and I look forward to many more!

Let's see... I was in kind of a low-energy state this event for various reasons, so I kind of felt like I wasn't playing things to their full potential. It turned out to be a really satisfying event though.

-- Dinner. I still can't look at potato chips without feeling awkward.
-- ORC DRUMMING MORE YES PLEASE
-- Not sure if I'd do night archery if I had to pay for the arrows. But I successfully caused damage to characters and not to players, so I was happy.
-- Actually enjoyed the fae mod a lot. I'm not entirely sure what was going to happen in that situation on the stairs, but (and?) there was a sense for me that something Terrible (TM) was hovering pointily overhead. It was kind of delicious. As were the cupcakes.
-- It was SO COOL to watch a bunch of really good PCs and NPCs play out a mod that I actually wrote. Loved it. Must do more of this.

My event was much more low-key than normal. Also, I didn't take part in the big orc fight or saving Darius' mother because I was saving my magic in case the fae tried to kill us. So I'm gonna go ahead and thank Mike Paxton and the plot team for NOT killing us; that was a pleasant surprise.

*Alis getting stuck 'overhearing' a very awkward four-way between two people she would have expected that from, and two she NEVER would have expected it from, and then resisting asking her questions on the walk back.
*A panthergast came out of my wrist, you guys. Terror and shock aside, that was -awesome-. The immediate, genuine panic that set in when that happened was -amazing-.
*The ceremony to try to remove the celestial mark, only to have the sinking disappointment when it didn't work.
*Wollsy surprising Alis once again with his compassion when he came to 'just sit with her' and make sure she was okay.
*Fell telling me the 'you won't be needing your weapon' story.
*Being back at Sky High, holy CRAP, so happy.
*Peat Moss systematically gathering and destroying/scribbling on every single newspaper purchased in New Acarthia.
*The Fae Mod. Holy CRAP! I know I already touched on this, but I want to add to the raving. The decor, costumes, the NPCS were all SO COMPLETELY STELLAR. Thistlebottom, SERIOUSLY, oh my -god-. I already really enjoyed Will's NPC (whose name I can't seem to keep in my brain) just casually roaming around spiking drinks and making us all just a little uncomfortable, since he was the only fae there other than Zephyr who knew exactly who we were and who had invited us to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back