August event favorites!

Jovunn

Adept
Hello, beautiful AGB PCs! Please post your favorites from this weekend's event. Your input helps us ensure future events will be fun and exciting for all involved.
Thank you!

Event favorites... hmm... GB in general is my favorite!

As for the event (in the order that they come to me):
  • Talmic Larghuge threatening me to my face. then he gets Voxed into buying Lili dinner.
  • Everyone around town basically telling me that I am not to be trusted, but still hanging out with me. I'm not sure what it'll take for you people to stop talking to me entirely!
  • Hiding in wards with the Family to avoid any nasty undead
  • Finding out the REAL reason Avernorn got turned undead. Your story was nice, Kevin, but I have the inside scoop ;)
  • Vox/Kailani role play. I might have made a real friend.
  • Role playing as an orc who isn't going to stand for any mamby pamby trying to make peace nonsense while getting hugs from Grub.
  • Having my plan outed: First Vox screws up. Then he makes nice to the family and does one or two really nice things to get them to stop being mad. Then screws up again. Right after I handed the scroll I bought Lili to her she says: "Oh boy. What are you going to do now? You've done your nice thing, now it's time for you to screw it all up" (or something like that)
  • Finally getting to play the Pet class I always wanted to be. "What do you mean you dominated 4 of them!?"
  • "What do you mean you dominated the Goblin Grenadier?!"
  • "Vox, why are you dominating those orcs?! They aren't even attacking you!"
  • Good Times.

Wow, that was a fun event to say the least! A Big tip o' the hat to Rich and all of our NPCs for running such a fun weekend!

Favorites, in no particular order.

Late start throwing us practically into dead walk. Then realizing how easy it was going and the agreement that Saturday's dead walk was going to be a pain in the arse.

Saturday's dead walk being a pain in the arse. Almost dying, and the eventual fleeing to the cabins for wine. No elosti, we don't want to play with you.

Running out of drinks at the bar, not normally that much of a demand, nice change of pace. Also, people seem to really enjoy the special drinks the brewers guild recipes allow for.

Date night with Rali, and V staring hate beams into the back of my head. "Don't worry V, I will have her back by midnight... Tuesday. "

Food Committee and Kitchen Crew winning at life again. Great job guys!

Clearing out the cave mod, nice little challenge, and some actual treasure!

Brian Benders Undead NPC scaring me so bad that I unconsciously drug my thumb into the loaf of bread I was carrying while I ran screaming back to Chris and Angels ward. Then laughing for 10 minutes oog from the realization of what I did.

The teaser mod I was able to run for my event next month. It taught me 2 very important lessons. 1: Be careful what PCs comprise the mod group. 2: Always have a back up plan for your back up plan. Thank you PCs for not going murder hobo on that poor "innocent" old man.

2 master Alchemist finding a recipe for new alchemy, only to discover a novice alchemist created a stronger version on accident.

Sillyness outside with Sarah and Donna and Erika. Thanks Obama.

RP with Chris and Angel. Dude, your fake drunk is more realistic then my real drunk.

Amy and her MeWe. Gotta love her amazing acting range!

Dave and Em finally getting to play their chapter. Hope you're doing ok Emily!

I know there is more, but my brain keep wandering to ideas for September. Hope to see you all there.

One-shotting Susie like seven times in on Friday night with my earth storm and the increasing ridiculousness with which she pantomimed exploding.

Presents from the Mord and the continuing growth of our alliance. Thank you for my PINK HEART [sic].

Resurrecting Cade - the first time I felt like I told a really strong, engaging, well-tailored resurrection story.

The continuation of the Really Cool, Really Secret Spy/Mole Plot Cole has been running for me for over a year now. I am interested to see if what I did this weekend will have any direct effects on Dunnis Wiche. It is a Really Good Thing I was asked to help with the governmental groundwork for the island.

Resurrecting Akiva's hobling - the second time I felt like I told a really strong, engaging, well-tailored resurrection story.

The best compliment ever, courtesy of Tyson: "even when you're sitting at a table alone doing math for two hours, you're still V. It's not 'Kris sitting at a table doing math' - you have distinct mannerisms and motions that make it clear that no matter what, you're still in character."

Gentle Elf Prison Pong. "Rock-a-bye Vaer'lux..."

The preview mod of Mike's event and the realization that if there was any one PC we needed to go with us, it was Zara. I am really excited to have a chance to interact with that character again, even if we still have to hate each other to do it. The next month is going to be /really/ awkward.
Additionally, kudos to Mike: you are doing a really good job of setting up the creeping madness/knowing the unknown feeling that Lovecraft is so well-loved for and I am really looking forward to next month.

"Don't worry, V. I'll have her back by midnight. On Monday."

Mostly-naked V staring down a group of pirates in the creepiest way possible. Also, "It's not like she can hurt us; she's just a stinkin' woman." "Activate death." "Okay, so she can hurt us." Also also, Kerak totally wanting to come to V's barbeque - best. ever.

I had relatively limited exposure to events this weekend (I presume due to a late arrival and low level), but favorites:

1. Getting drunk and going on a mod with an APL four times higher than my own
  2. Kailani confining the bejeezus out of things
  3. Staying up very late RPing on Friday night
  4. NPCing orcs and watching Kris steal Charlais' silver dish
  5. Subsequently being murdered for said silver dish
  6. Uncovering a murder mystery
  7. Engaging in some Alchemical Brohood activity for the first time
  8. Chris as the first-time drunk Dark Elf.
  9. The Sunday pirate battle royale - NPCs absolutely killed it

It was really wonderful to be able to PC again for the first time since last season. It was incredibly refreshing to see all the old familiar faces and meet various new ones; GB continues to evolve and grow in new and interesting ways. A few important words of thanks:
  • Thank you so much, NPCs. Full timers and fencehoppers, you did so much to create an immersive world for us to play in.
  • Thank you to the tavern staff! You created delicious foods and drinks for us to have at all times and as always it's a huge help for everyone.
  • Huge thanks to Kyle, Chris, and Angel for making it possible for me to be at the event this weekend and to PC!
  • Thanks to Rich and the GB staff for working their asses off to show everybody a good time!
And favorites:
  • Chris and Angel decorating our cabin. Even the littlest things go a long way to create a better environment, and you guys did a great job. Your Ta'hor'i are spot on.
  • Coming into game with an awful/fun plot response. Zara done effed up something fierce.
  • Getting to RP a bit more with Rayna. Even before the break, Zara hasn't gotten many chances to hang with just Rayna, and now she's all the more important for being the Sefid to her Hiwa -- and a mother-to-be!
  • Hate-glaring at the "Family" for the weekend. Just like old times.
  • Rolling with the Hunt is good times as always. Thanks for keeping Zara alive.
  • Mike's Yellow Sign/King in Yellow plot is awesome and I am super excited to see how it unfolds. I skipped the final battle on Sunday just to hang out with Matthias, listen to him talk, and think about how potentially Awful it could be for the Lords of Truth to uncover another one yet how important it may be to find out what it is. Weee, meddling with inconceivable power!
Thanks again for everything, Gettysburg. I hope to return next month.

Thanks to staff and the NPC's who worked all weekend long. Thanks to everyone who came out. You guys all made it breathe.

*Not having to spend my first hour of game sitting in the circle.
*Random gem from the Baran pouch and a pen
*"It looked like a reenactors bed"
*Fence hopping, "Control undead by voice, say yes"..."YES!".
*Recruiting to include a very game zombie girl.
*A very fun crazy few moments with Mike G, Tab and Will Saturday night in the back of everything else.
*Reflect magic working. I swear I was incanting my spell thinking you would hit me with the first. I lucked out.
*A very nice job done by Scotty Babcock with a certain magic dispel.
*Krackle, nicely done rolling with an encounter I am certain went the way no one expected
*Seeing Mike Benzier's old man and his tablet and seeing things.
*RP with Amy's elder.
*Joseph and Frances Gies Life in a Medieval City, it is sitting behind me right now, and it was on display all weekend long
*Setting an anchor.
*Pet pirate.

Looking forward to the next event. Later.

Joe Siegel

Lemme see what I got...
1) Seeing Tab as Wick was awesome. His reaction to my fear effect during dead walk may have made my weekend.

2) "Yes V. You were right. Lizards do breathe fire." Over and over again.

3) Pink heart. <3

4) Crashing rali's date.

5) The orc and the katydid. Ask Kur for details.

6) Seeing "Your time has come!" From the comfortable distance of OOG. That was terrifying.

7) Discovering that people outside of Kupspar (back home in XR) know of the Mord.

8) Being something of a **** with my newfound Shuns during the final battle. (Sorry NPCs I had a headache and just wanted to be left alone with my collection of pretty elf friends)

9) Spooking Vox as my Elosdi.

I'm sure there were more but that's what I got for now. Thanks everyone for a great time.

hello all. as always many thanks to all the npcs and fence hoppers who helped make the weekend.

I was only able to part of the weekend but i enjoy this chapter so much i came back for more and more.

1. Putting Reiklund out for hire as a unapologetic sell sword
2. the negotiations that followed... the mord may get him
3. speaking of which un expected fun times with the the folks from crossroads.
4. Everyone saying how much they liked reiklund.. when he could give less of a flip.
5. being semi accused of murder " did i do it? no.. but because you think so.. my price just went up"
6. getting to talk with tab.
7. charlie.. seriously like tht fella..
8. Matthiasthealmostdeadsagewhowassavedcausethereweretoomanydamnwitnesses.....Reiklund warned you all.. remember that.
9. mod god for one mod. Spending more than he made in the event in gasses.
10. none of the event going as i planned but having fun.

OHHh bonus favorite.. Talking with Rali and the awkward conversation that lead to Reiklund offering to help her conceive out of genuine niceness. and then the unquiet pause. THANK YOU EMILY FOR THAT GOLDEN MOMENT

I totally forgot:
On Saturday, we were attacked by a number of orcs and we all pulled into our respective cabins.

Instead of hiding, Kerak and Noldrik just tromped out onto the deck, looked at the orcs, and screamed "GET OFF MY LAWN" simultaneously. It was amazing.

This past event was my first in a decade, and I enjoyed every minute of it
:)!
Favorites:
- seeing several old friends from years ago; Tab and Will.
- the cave mod My brother, Brian, and I set up. I was glad to hear the PCs enjoying it.
- seeing everyone react to the spiders in the cave mod. Seriously, every one is creeped out by spiders!
- going out as pirates and running from V after she deathed my partner. I ran yelling "I'll be back! I'll bring friends!"
And I did....
- then me and my friends getting destroyed by Kerak and Noldrik. And then V chopping up my body
- the wave battles!
- dead walk! Where anything can, and will, come out. Be it dragon or undead. Rich's words, and I realized then that I wouldn't want to be caught out alone at night as a PC. Way to bring the fear!
I look forward to returning again, and already look forward to the next event :)
Ryan Smathers

Back