August Event Favorites!

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Thanks to everyone for making this event what it was! My throat is still a disaster, so I hope folks are feeling better than me. Here are a few of my favorites, in no order other than the first one:

- Special shout-out to Ryan stepping in to help us run things on the Plot side! We couldn’t have done this event without you!
- New(er) players! Y’all did a great job and I hope to see you back again soon!
- Various chats with people as the world’s worst liar Voidwalker on Friday night.
- “I’m going to solve this, with the power of… MATH!” - Glenn
- Glenn in general!
- My Mega Gargoyle went out like a chump, mostly thanks to relentless arrows from Kazhira/Auryn and relentless Shatters from Ainsley/Bart. Good on you!
- After finally seeing all the separate pieces come together, I loved Carly’s new Kazhira outfit!
- Goal for the usually-lighthearted Fabian Dar: Make a few PCs cry. Mission accomplished.
- Later, more light-hearted chat with Mila and Frederick as Fabian: “So first, you get two Paralysis elixirs…” :p
- Vanya really coming out of her shell! It was neat to see you come forward a bit more this event! Keep it up!
- Rob looked great as the Founder! It’s fascinating how much of a difference changing up your hair for a role can make.
- Pa Lo gives PCs the dumbest grocery list… and y’all have it done in like 8 minutes flat. Not bad!
- PC reactions to Pa Lo’s Indiana-Jones-style adventure story!
- Benny the Crab!

And more that I’m no doubt forgetting. See y’all in October!

What a weekend, thoroughly exhausted after everything that we went through to destroy the Founder. Thanks to plot (and guest plot) for another solid event. In no particular order:

* Rping red dragon Iggy
* The fight against the Founder in his private plane
* The killing blow against the Founder
* Being naked in the inbetween, that mod was seriously awesome!
* Springing up from an afternoon nap because Pa Lo was in town
* Speaking of which, all things Pa Lo!
* The Dragon Ritual and ensuing antics
* Fresh faces to the Alliance Community
* Talking with Fabian Darr after needing the flask, you got me Alexander.

Thanks to all who made this another memorable event.

-Thanks to staff for dealing with the switch up in sites so flawlessly.
-The naked Fabian Dar mod was clever, fun, and the perfect level of challenge.
-Loved the fairy NPCs who were instructed by Rob only to ambush us, caught off-guard with a 10 minute discussion, then giving up and attacking us anyway
-Also Lightning and Locke helping Sam with a crazy fairy who he ended up having to take on a date.
-I really enjoyed the setup for the friday night void mod. I liked how groups would shout out warnings to each other when runners or big creatures were coming their way. Made the whole thing feel much more connected. Kudos.
-Erynne/Luna is still one of my favorite parts of any weekend.
-BENNY! *Swoon*
-Seeing new faces as well returning old faces!
-Having Auryn meet the Princess
-Nothing like Vornae Politics clashing with Fey Politics to make for a interesting evening. Twas fun Amanda and Vicki.
-Watching Jim really cutting loose with the Grimshaw RP during the Founder fight. Pleasure being even a small part of that big moment for the character.
- and of course, Spa time!

20190831_094831.jpg

Wonderful event!

-Wonderful new faces all around! I love seeing new players and helping them get involved and I hope to see new faces becomes familiar faces.
-Calm yourself Bat Shaman
-Hopping fence as Mercurian Master Varbog to ritual marshal. First time really ritual marshaling for an extended period of time, and though it was fatiguing I enjoyed the privilege
-Getting really fancy and cool looking official Squire tasks from Duchess Fairfax. (Thanks Nick they look amazing!)
-Getting to chill out and go on some smaller mods run by Ryan. Its always good to return to your roots
-Glenn's irrational excitement over copper
-The RP of gold dragon Ragnarok (Dragnarok). I enjoyed being Disney levels of cheery until Foss(Dross) said something Rag didn't like and turning on a dime getting ready to turn into a rage beast
-As always character development and progress
-Daaang that was the hardest I've fought in a really long time. Amazing fight with the Founder!
-Alexander you made me cry!
-Though I didn't walk away with any of them, its always cool to see plot drop creative and interesting MIs!
-Isabo. It was awesome. You know what

Doubtless I've forgotten something. None the less this event was great!

-Sid

I had a ton of fun! It was great to meet everyone and get to play in a fantasy world again.

- "Welcome to Wayside! Wanna go to the Plane of Void?"
- Newbie mod: "That's cute, he's trying to run away"
- The ritual to ready for the Founder fight was neat. It felt like there was a ton of prep work on both the PC and Plot sides of that.
- "So no ****, there I was..."
- I loved the mechanics behind the encounter to retrieve the Creation Anvil.

Ben
Binar/Xanian/Dude with the blue peacock on his shield

Note: You'll be seeing more of me, whether you like it or not!

Was great to run some mods again after a few years off. Overall the event was a lot of fun, but some points stood out:

- Trivial mod with the Stone Elf for hat #98.
- Breaking Khazira as The Old Shrew-kin
- Benny the crab singing to “I love to Singa” by Al Jolson. I intended to just do a verse and ended up responding to every question in that tune.
- Pcs figuring out the Clay Golem puzzle mod. So nothing works on it? No, its made of clay.
- RP involving Shen and Alister Morgan.
- Undoing what I did to Rusty 3 years ago as Baron Davis
- The Void mod tactics by PCs
- Pa Los grocery list

Thanks again and see ya in a month!
Ryan

J'rajj has been diagnosed with pyke syndrome by Dr. Keggy as he goes full chaotic neutral.

talking with Ainsley
"You know, I'd try anything once"
Me: "would you cast command magic?"
"...almost anything"

Fighting the right hand, and managing to not resurrect

Ritual assault? that sounds like it could mean a lot of things how you say it. Ritual assault. Ritual Assault. Ritual Assault

Benny the singing crab. we finally have a headliner for our fighting pit!

Fixing Desylvia. I was right!!

Also that one mod where the company was naked. It was a great mod. in the least weird way possible.

Great event folks, Many thanks to Ryan for jumping ship and solving manpower issues like a boss...and big thanks to Sid, Carly, Kyle for there aid on the opposite side of the fence as well. A few favorites in no particular order.

-All things Bellphobee and her sisters...but Desylvia spell parrying the enslavements meant for the Duchess and like four PCs carrying her off like they were the secret service....amazing...
-Foss eating the Blood Dragon Omelette (Pickle juice, Tzicki sauce, and lots of cayenne....:p I felt so bad but it was a great rp moment)
-Vornae Political stuff always fun rp
-Loved Skylark being like soooo blood magic, can I do more?
-Pcs being super smart and talking allies into taking 6 of the named(big glowing) gargoyles out of the sat night town fight
-Pcs being super smart and talking to each other on the Void Town fight to keep it from being overwhelming to any one group.
-I white head band marshalled a lot this event since I was nursing a bad head cold going into it and loved the Clean safe fighting I saw and the minimal amount of confusion about 2.0 rules...definately some minor issues but folks are catching on to 2.0 super fast and its amazing.
-Bat Shaman rp with several folks that included maybe civilizing him some with an "anchor"
-Right Hand Ritual Assault rp...everyone involved in that did a great job.
-Lastly the Grimshaw Founder rp was insane. James I give you made props for catching me off guard with the intensity of it. You altered the fight in a big way and never even raised a sword (atleast to the BBG)

Thanks all, see you soon!!

This was a crazy event for Rusty to say the least, with a lot of really interesting moments. In no particular order:

• Iggy calling Mila over so she could try and sell Rusty on one of her packages (side note, I'm still not sure if that is the best or worse possible name for the offerings at such an establishment). All poor Rusty wanted was to ask Sam about copying a ritual scroll.
  • The RP for the Dragon Empowerment ritual was great, both during the casting and by the avatars after.
  • Trying to distract Dragon Baron Foss from the rest of the town. Definitely Rusty's least favorite Squire job ever.
  • Getting called away to Farifax keep during another mod, knowing exactly why before I got there, and then coming back to find out I got pulled away at the worse possible time. Then later hearing at least three different people commenting on how they learned not to chase a corrupted Desylvia off into the dark alone. Would have thought that one was a given.
  • Dani getting overzealous and forgetting to grab her bow before just throwing her arrow packets.
  • The RP with the Dutchess was amazing, not least because it ended up taking like 3 hours and happened in like 5 different places around the tavern as we shuffled the Dutches away from danger.
  • Brainstorming/riffing on some of our squire tasks. "As long as the Baron is still laughing, were good."
  • Seeing a whole group of like eight people in the founder fight take a full step back after Isabo came at the founder spamming "50 chaos" and realizing it was gonna be one of those kinda fights.
  • Giving Ten his Lifestorm crystal, and the RP scenes with him after.
  • Hearing the founder specifically call out Rusty and quietly disappearing from the fight for the next twenty minutes. I never did lie to him!
  • All the RP with Desylvia while he was aware of his reverse morality but hadn't been fixed yet, and watching them fix him.
  • Tricking Baron Dragon Foss into helping in the first place. "We had an idea, but some people don't think you can do it."
  • The moment when the rest of Lifestorm realized that Rusty probably wasn't alright either, specifically Desylvia immediately running "Foss! Bet you can't do it again!"
Lastly, cause its obviously the big one, pretty much the entire 2 hour+ fiasco that was removing the reverse morality from Rusty, from getting beat down midway through kneeling to Baron Davis, to my valiant escape attempt that was thwarted by Auryn. The RP with Ryan and then the emotional thank yous to everyone who helped and the RP afterward. One of the most emotionally draining and meaningful scenes I've ever been a part of. Special thanks to Shen for dropping his circle where he did earlier that day and inadvertently preventing Desylvia from escaping his hug.

Thank you to everyone who came out for this event, and extra thanks to the staff for running a very fun event while being a bit understaffed! You guys rock!
Looking forward to seeing what's in store for Rusty next.

I spent more time in the tavern than out of it this weekend.

But, in no particular order than how my memory is working tonight

- Void Mod. The cohesion between the three groups.

- Blood Book - the trip to the underdark wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. But was still a fun fight.

- The amazing letters for the squire tasks.

- the late night conversation about how to make the gnoll tribe permanently stop breathing without killing them.

- late night talk with Rusty

- food, was good (thanks Company)

Allot of personal development for Corbell this weekend, with the individualized RP I had with so many people this weekend. And with Bryan being bad with names, having it rub off on Corbell as I'm trying to keep lists of who I need to give loot splits to after mods.

Back