August Event Favs

Kindly place them here to feed our egos and make next months suffering less agonizing by placating us.

Thank you NPCs! New NPCs, it was very nice to have you, please come back.
Favorites in no particular order:
  • Plot twist ending, okay, that wasn't the plan but damn, I'll take that as resembling success.
  • “Yah yah.”
  • Roman's demonstration of Thelucian spell casting exercises.
  • Real talk with Surion.
  • The series of increasingly depressing and/or insensitive suggestions for problem solving, especially the suggestion of coercion and/or kidnapping. Adventurers say the darndest things.
  • Sarr ritual combat.
  • So many conflicting feelings. The box most of them are in is getting full.
  • Construct retrieval encounter.
  • Eavesdropping, and trying to figure out what to do when most people were far too busy to worry about it.

- Combat spectacle was baller. Thank you for doing that scene.
- Chats in the woods with Surion that resulted in a new Waste Walker for Sevaria.
- Blowing two rebirths and a spirit recall and still taking a rez.
- Teroph temper tantrums are delicious.
- KEELEY'S RITUAL FLAW, BEST BEST BEST BEST.
- Everything at the trial.
- Everything about Sean's awful bard.

• Teroph's ******** wasteland creatures
  • the Totally Not Gnolls time
  • taking everyone's picture and getting all up in your faces
  • edit: finding out that the forum has a profanity filter

NPCs I have no clue how you do it, but you do it and you make it look AWESOME for the rest of us.
In no particular order
Sarr battle. Lately the intense role play/action scenes blow me away
Roman the SassyCaster
The trial and the consequences sucked for my character but it was still awesome role play.
Tzydl finding one Thelucian she didn't want to murder (thank you Roman)
Tavern time with Koi and Tova "BGK Yo!"
Domino game with Roth, Elandril, Kay, Deb - Serioulsy, Elandril is a Domino shark
Aisling drinking dwarven spirits
As much as Tzydl is scared to death of Pure Lord Shaw now, Jena still thinks that character is the bomb!
The pep talk from GalaNestill (yup don't know how to spell that one Ray)
Deb and Necalli in the ward. Everyone waiting outside to kill him. Amaranthus talkin' smack. Good times.
Dragons Be Here!!

I'm on the bandwagon; our High-Orc "visitor" (sad we probably won't see her again) definitely stole the show this weekend. Yah yah, I'm not stupid you know.

Poisoned Rift Corn... Sebs, you couldn't have chosen a better time to rift me away! Thank you for that.

Dragon lessons from no fewer than five people (one of them a dragon himeslf) each picking up where the other left off. You know, 'cause we were getting attacked at the time.

ALL of the awesome encounters that felt continuously immersive and threatening. Thank you ALL NPCs, but especially Plot! You guys have been rocking it out this season. What you do isn't easy, so thank you.

- DRAGONS AND STUFF, THE EVENT pt. II. I always love this kind of plot, and it was handled flawlessly!
- Intense one-on-one roleplay with Thauphideon, and the resulting weight I recognized in every single thing he said thereafter. Also, making probably the most important and potentially game-changing decision I've had to yet, and absolutely no one else knowing.
- A great, brief discussion with then Baron Corinthius Landon about our conflicting views. Then, having to physically restrain him during the BALLER honor combat. Evan, you're basically the man.
- The BALLER honor combat.
- High-stakes fights all weekend. I really enjoyed that none of the combats were "Wave battle for the sake of a wave battle". This is something that Deadlands always does so well, and it was particularly good this weekend. Every big battle that happened was organic, felt necessary, and was challenging.
- The saddest Nadarin puppy eyes.
- Big things happening for Curtis. He's such a great character, played by a great guy, and I'm very excited to see how this plot line continues in the future.
- Poor Keely. I felt bad for Stacey having to play that flaw all weekend. But, I have to admit that it was funny at times.
- Vry and Surion's last stand.
- Raaja! Tif, your character is so cool. Not only are her feathers THE BEST THING EVER, but you add so much with just your presence.
- Finally, Vry's dad-talk to the town on Saturday night. Sorry guys, it needed to happen.

-Pretending to be a fighter with my new staff! I felt much more effect at guarding others while they were refitting, or keeping foes at a distance. I even got damage through sometimes! Yeah, 2s!

-Fighting the pantherghast (almost) alone. Again, terrifying! I did completely panic when it first showed up for me and I realized I was alone. (Sorry about that...) But after running for what I thought was my life, I turned to face it--desperately hoping my new staff gave me a chance. And... Everything went better than expected! I don't hope it happens again, but when it eventually does, I have a better plan and MUCH more self-confidence this time.

-Getting to know more people a lot better! It can be a bit intimidating at first with all you big, strong people who've been playing this game forever, but every weekened I feel more like I have a place here with you all. :)

-Fighting with Kay and Eladrin! Sheild & Staff ftw!

-Keeley's hilarious ritual backlash!

-Earth Formal/Ritual lessons from Tova! Thanks for taking the time to teach me!

-Not rezzing! This weekend was TERRIFYING at times with some super intense wave battles, crazy nasty big baddies, and nowhere near enough healing to go around! I'm glad we got everyone back up! (Except Severia... but healing can't stop someone from jumping into a giant wyrm)

-Some very cool plot with the dragons. I have less of an idea of what's going on than many others, but I understood the weekend's plan of action, and the overall consequences are likely to be interesting.

-Super cool and intense honor combat! I loved how Dan and Sean took it to the next level of "holy sh*t, this is actually happening".

-Vry, while an awesome healer, hitting things with his swords again!
(By the way, Albert, I've never been so flattered! I have no idea what I'm doing to deserve it, but I'll keep trying!)

-Thanks everyone for a great weekend! I look forward to seeing you all again soon! :D

I loved Keely's answers for "but why do you have pointy ears?" "where are your tusks?" "do you have the pinky disease?"
Also I loved seeing new players!!! And I loved getting to play with people I don't usually get to see.

So many favorite things! Thank you NPCs and all the wonderful people who make this event happen!
- That final fight was insane. I was certain that everything was ruined. The "infect" mechanic is really awesome, too.
- Sneaky Mod! I'm always a fan of non-combat challenges, and that one was done incredibly well.
- Keely's Ritual Backlash. A universal favorite.
- The honor combat, followed by a Sarr Vampire Pillow Party (TM). Thanks, Dan!
- Taking the oath of the waste-walker at the last minute thinking that Withering Knights were coming up was an awesome roleplay moment.
- Real Talk with Nerium
- Teaching Teacher! After the fact, I realize that one may not actually need to learn teacher to buy it. Still worth it for watching Roman trying to "patch up" Alyssa.

Back