August event thanks for the New Acarthia/Forestwatch adventure

Traceroo

Rogue
Twenty volunteer NPCs put together our August 2017 for us, with its many challenges and SIX grueling field battles! Our NPC crew is always tireless, and puts in their best for the game, and in August they really hauled ***. Please say an EXTRA thank you this month for this crew!

Adara Piper-Weber
Brian Lambert
Christian Scott
Dan Begnoche
Derek Reed
Dillon Irwin
Emily Pettingill
Emily Randall
Heather Pettingill
Jeremy Young
John Bringe
Josh Alexander
Josh Lee
Karlee Nasalroad
Karol Jolly
Patrick McClellan
Quentin Toetz
Sarah Tallley
Sierra Gatrell
Siren Ebright

Extra thanks to Jenn Beach from Team Prometheus who took on direction of the Forestwatch portion of the event, and brought that to life… well, unlife, but – whatever. Thank you, Jenn!

Huge thanks to Mike Paxton and Will Haddon for coordinating the Enter Forestwatch battle on Saturday evening! Many thanks to the undead household of the royal estate of Forestwatch and its ill-fated local Vigilant chapter:

Anthony Mungo
Billy Dodge
Casey Yeager
Cassie Cornett
Chris Fernandez
Izzy Veldhuis
Mandi Markowitz
Nissa Osheim

Jay Torres and John Fawkes were brilliant as ghouls! Jay gave up his whole Friday night of PC time to pour fake blood over his head and sit in the dark listening to Tibetan throat chants all night. John, meanwhile, consistently NPCs nearly every single event in addition to his Logistics duties for the game, and is so dependable and energetic! I’m personally very grateful to them both.

Thanks also to Retta Gibson for stepping back across the line to NPC with us during her PC event!

These are some of the kind words that our players had to share about our hard-working volunteers:

Holdover from July event, but Owen was adorable as the small thunder lizard and kept making purring sounds that were "EEEEEEEEE!!!" worthy.
  • I loved Ian's vampire.
  • Ian's vampire was a DOUCHE! He did so well just toying with us throughout the fights, showing that he COULD do naughty things to us if he wanted to (like when he targeted Chris' NPC or Knox as the golem) but otherwise just being a jerk. It felt so satisfying when he was staked later.

• Karlee did a fantastic job in the kitchen as Bella! She and Izzy were a great team!
  • Karlee and Izzy did a great job cooking
  • Izzy is an amazing chef, can he cook for us forever!

Quintin as always did a wonderful job playing the coward. What I saw was excellent acting.

Derek (omg he never gets tired, whhhhhy can't I wear him down?), Josh Alexander (spellcaster uber-murderhobo ftw), Vincent (nice rez story!), and all the newer NPCs I don't know by name but who worked their asses off to keep up with us idiot PCs. :)

• Quentin's merman was really fun! (x2)
  • Quentin, seriously amazingly good job as a merman.

Siren's barkeep is always delightful <3 Can she come to the masquerade ball?!

Josh Alexander
was crushing it this game!!

Derek and Miguel and the Alchemy lab squad were amazing, and tireless!

Thank you Trace and Karol for a lovely picnic, and a wonderful discussion about beauty, goals, and life. Loved the tattoo work as well.

• Siren as Astrid. She did a great job of emoting the character and helping "sell" Astrid as an actual living-breathing person in the world.
  • Siren as Ostrid was interesting, just off enough to make us super twitchy and paranoid.
  • Astrid of the Vigilant: Siren did a great job with the NPC.

Josh Lee did a great job as the wannabe noble goblin. The 2 NPCs with him [Christian Scott and Sarah Talley] also did a great job as his squires. It was a super fun encounter, especially for my PC.

Brian Lambert: The unsung hero of Forestwatch orange cards, running all over site to get the cards placed correctly and make sure they had glowsitcks attacked to catch your eyes!

Derek is always fantastic. He RPs his combat well, helping sell the enemy we face, and is always just so happy to be a part of the show.

Josh Alexander is much the same. He has grown so much as an NPC. He is a challenge in all combat rolls and RPs his various roles very well.

Trace as Squire Alissayre. She is so bubbly and energetic, and just a pleasure to interact with even tangentially.

• OMG, Chris Fernandez as the sole surviving Vigilant member in Forestwatch was A-mazing! Trying to help us despite ourselves, clearly being exasperated when we wouldn't listen, and trotting around behind Sir Brom with his fussy demeanor was a delightful counterpoint to otherwise very challenging fights. (x2)
  • Chris Fernandez (player of Tevas); holy CRAP he did really well as that Vigilant guy.
  • [These written comments do not properly echo the MANY verbal compliments that our Plot Team received about Chris’ roleplay as that Vigilant character!]

Also huge props to [Emily Pettingill and Sierra Gatrell] playing the most obnoxious giggling brides I've ever encountered; well done.

Ian as Professor Armitage! That guy just has no fucks to give, and his devil-may-care attitude couples so nicely with "also, I know a bunch of stuff." He is tons of fun to interact with.

Josh A and Josh L both being NPCs for the game is more than a little bedwetting on a terror level.

Big props to the crew from the Wolsey Ancestor mod: Vincent, Karlee, Josh L., Quentin, Dillion, and Brian – Dillion and Brian paced, sat, or sometimes lay on the bare ground outside for 1:45 waiting for a mod to begin, by the way. Never complained once – those guys are salt of the earth!

All of the NPCs were great, but a big shout out to Derek and Josh Alexander. I don't even know where the game would be without their tireless efforts.

Although not appearing this event, mentioned by request: Siren as Duchess Ungsteen! She does such an amazing job with that role!

Vincent as Soldevi brings an excellent level of formality to the position in the Healers Guild, and is super willing to help out.

Quentin is an amazing NPC for both RP and fighting

During the September, October, and November events: If you recognize one of our volunteers as a regular and you don’t know their name, take a minute to go shake hands and make a friendly introduction. Thank them for their continued hard work. We love sharing your detailed feedback about their efforts, and appreciate every compliment that you pass along. Help us make sure that all our NPCs know how grateful we are for all their efforts!

Thank you, volunteers and players, for every contribution you make toward making our game a delight and community full of uplifting affirmation!

Love & Kisses,
Trace Moriarty
Team Prometheus
2017 Acarthia Plot

Back