August Favorites

TheSaint

Artisan
I just got home but I wanted to throw this up because I still have it fresh in my mind. Firstly I had an amazing time this weekend. To me HQ feels different and whatever is going on in the back areas of Plot-dom I think has to do with that. So I want to thank the whole HQ team again for an amazing overall time. Secondly everyone I PCed with was amazing. From new players to old ones I had a blast. Now the list in no particular order and probably leaving out stuff:

-Rolling with Flaming Balls and doing team stuff together. It was awesome to be able to sneak around out cabin and not just alone but with someone else to take out a flank and blunt and enemy. Then just chill afterwards and shoot the breeze.

-Jovun, our RP together is always fun from her giving me a heads up over a previous events error, to our random spar during the mini-wave rest. I like my Squire No-Pants with your arcane feeblemind between the legs.

-Kantil, you've got the Clownies. I'm fairly sure no matter how many purifies I give you, you'll never be able to get rid of it. Good job. But dude you are absolutely amazing to roll with in all scenarios.

-Dorian the stealth dwarf. You disappear into the brush and I have to literally strain myself to find you again...damn you're good.

-Biata plot! Gryphons, Thessi and War oh my....I know this isnt over by a long a shot.

-Final battle. If I'm going to die and go to the circle I at least want it to be a decent enough reason. My character went down because he stopped to check on another to try and get them up and was taken down by someone who was blood wraithed. Thats awesome in my book. No complaints, no worries.

I hurt in place I don't even remember injuring and I am so tired I can barely type. In other words, it was an amazing weekend. A few favorites.

-Philosophical discussions about fate, prophecy, belief, and the Empire. I swear that half a dozen times over the weekend I was one or two words away from being attacked by another PC, but that is part of what makes the character fun to play.

-Being lifed at the end of the event by an undead and receiving a personal ultimatum from Lochaber. I almost had the good sense to say nothing, but eventually opened my mouth just as he was almost out of hearing.

-Surprisingly good camaraderie with Nordenn and Mouse.

-"Are you having a good time?" I must have been asked this question at least 20 times over the weekend. Resounding YES. I can't even begin to thank all the players that took an effort to make my experience more enjoyable.

-The prophets. The three Galanthian prophets came to town and everyone was wary and suspicious of them except for me. Despite the fact that I knew more of the culture than they did, they rolled with it and provided about half an hour of intense character building role play.

-Battling the undead general (the Sword of Lore, not Lochaber). I unloaded into him and he returned the favor. It was a long battle where both participants singled the other out. It actually ended with the general escaping alive. I am so looking forward to the rematch.

-Back rub from Tracy for a good 15 minutes. I desperately needed that.

-My new discovery: Holy crap, a bow is just a long thin shield! (Thanks Tom!)

-My first module with my new character. "Ashbury policy requires that I advise you that this is an unscaled module." :noway:

-MS

Man, what a weekend, especially for some awesome roleplay! Here are a few of my favs, undoubtedly to be amended later:

-Roms, do I even need to mention you anymore? Obviously the answer is yes, because you guys are the best. Thank you all for the beautiful roleplay and familial loving all weekend!! (And thank you - AGAIN - to Tom for beautiful, sassy Rom plot that lets us get our Romafia on!)

-Henry and Kris (oh, and JP, haha), I cannot possibly describe how fabulous it is to have somebody to sharpen Luka's beliefs on. The three of you guys gave really fantastic roleplay all weekend, and I can't thank you enough for all the help character-building! I actually got real-life headaches from dealing with you all! XD But life would be too easy if everyone just agreed all the time anyway, amirite?

-Speaking of Kris, SQUIRE NO-PANTS. I HAVE THE HOTTEST LADYFRIEND EVER. <3 <3 <3

-Guys, why is Amelia such a creeper, and why is it so awesome? Gabriel the flipper baby just eatin' ears and chewin' on folks and rollin' in blood...man. That's a beautiful thing. (Also, PAUL. Having someone to dance with and harass = priceless). Also, threats from Lady Fate that hurt Luka's feelings. ALL THE FEELINGS.

-LOCHABAR DESTROYING BARON HARRISON. I still feel vaguely sick inside, which is how I know that it was an awesome moment. Oh Godddddd, so magnificently grosssss. And for the love of everything that is holy, Henry. You call me on too-realistic puking noises? I'll see that and raise you your truly horrifying screams of pain. I got freaking goosebumps, dude.

-MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTY. I cannot even describe how awesome you are. Instruments and songs and costuming and incredible tent and alchemy-repping and...MAN, dude. I am so glad we've got you!! I look forward to all the fierceness that will inevitably explode out of you once we all get more time with you.

-Everybody who interacted with Korval and Orion is my hero. Man, and I thought people hated Luka! Also, I felt pretty pimp about Korval's stat card until the ENTIRE TOWN burst in and pwnt her face off XD Special props to Daniel for making a Thessi councilwoman feel nervous, haha. Also, I don't know why I am so all about screams this event, but Amelia's poor little child-wailing as Korval was destroying Zephron's mind was freaking ace.

-Can we just talk about the creepiness that is the entire vampiric trio of Kelly, Tracy, and Scott? Can we just...can we just talk about that? I am so nervous about these guys. On the other end of the spectrum, though, they make wickedly entertaining clowns XD

-Okay, this is so small, but I lost my mind laughing when it happening. At some point, some NPCs went to hide in the bushes, and Dorian just popped up like a meerkat, already there but exceptionally well-hidden. The image was freaking beautiful XD "Oh, a dwarf. Hey there, little guy!"

All right, this is getting super-long, and my brain is still herping a derp from the weekend. So there may be more later, but for now, phew! Well done everyone, THANK YOU NPCS, and I can't wait to see you all in September!

First of all let me say THANK YOU to everyone who made this weekend awesome.

I normally hate posting favorites when I NPC, but I have a lot of them so I just decided to go for it.

- Arguing with Lochaber Friday night then the subsequent hanging out to avoid removing our fangs
- Dr. Horrible references/random sing along
- Daddy Mommy (Great job trac(e)y? it's a HUGE role and you pulled it off)
- Vampire strategy sessions
- The suspicious behavior of General Arkhan, I still think he is the snitch.
- "My children thrive, how are you sister?"
- Scott = made of win :) Thanks for giving me the chance to send Arienne out in style :)
- SO glad that Gabriel got to take Arienne out for the last time. Hopefully he got some closure in freeing her spirit :) Thanks Caleb for coming back for this! I hope you had a great weekend!
- All the awesome RP with Lucrecia, Lochaber, DaddyMommy, Gabriel and the suspect General Arkhan (Like the asylum but without the last lump)
- Balloon Flobber!
- Being the Paula Abdul of Icenia's Got Talent.
- All the BBGs of the weekend dressing as clowns because stupid o'clock came early
- "The dagger was his p*nis."
- "Why do you screw up all the big rituals, Arienne?" - "Maybe, because I'm a scout!"
- "Remind me never to get into an argument with you..."
- The AMAZING JER JER!
- Getting married in the 10 minutes that love lasts - it's so fleeting....
- The awesome D, and his awesomeness
- "I'm looking for the next Mr. Sassy Pansy Pansy Poesy the third" ;)
- Flipper Babies!

I know there is SO much more, but I'm fried and beyond being able to think clearly...

That. Was. Amazing. I'm sore all over and incredibly drained which means I had a complete blast. Wicked times!

Some of my favorites...

-Yes. I got the Clownies. Yes I did take Purify to get rid of it. I will NEVER hear the end of this. But how many of you have been to the Plane of Clowns?! Or married such a beautiful clown? (That was so much fun RP it was great. Thanks Love Potion Squirt Flower)

-"Will you take this arrow as a sign of my love?" -- "I'll cherish it forever" <3

-Volunteering in the Talent Show. I don't know what a Bubble Flobber is but at the end, I was tired, dizzy, cursed thrice and married to Grim 4 times.

-Orc Chili. I ate ants. 'Nuff said.

-Speaking of ants, fire ants hurt in the cave of wonders.

-"Damn, it's a bloodwraith." *hides inside the cave hoping it didnt see us*
"What do we do?"
<insert battle strategy here>
"On 3. One, two..."
"Wait. It's just someone with a red sheet on his head" O_O

-Squire No Pants. Also, 'Nuff said.

-Sleeping in because we couldn't hear anything being that far from the tavern. Waking up to the sounds of "Arcane Death" being thrown. Putting the pillow over my head and dismissing it as a bad dream.

-The Final Battle. WOW. Seriously. Wow. We would have stood more of a chance had I been able to reach over Ezri in time to catch the Paralysis on my hammer. She was about one syllable from finishing the circle incant when she got hit. I felt so horrible I couldn't make it in time, I stayed on the front lines trying to fight off everything.

-Running with the Flaming Balls. You guys make Kantil feel so welcome in such an unfamiliar place, and you teach me something new every event. I'm proud to be a Flaming Ball.

-Thank you NPCs! And all the PCs! This was just half the things I can remember in my zombie like state. May edit again when I wake up in several days.

Kantil said:
-Yes. I got the Clownies. Yes I did take Purify to get rid of it. I will NEVER hear the end of this. But how many of you have been to the Plane of Clowns?! Or married such a beautiful clown? (That was so much fun RP it was great. Thanks Love Potion Squirt Flower)
Thanks for being such a good sport :) you looked amazing with the blue hair and makeup ;)

Too bad my squirt flower was broken!

I went into directing this weekend stressed from life. I fully expected to be more stressed by the end. That did not happen. The NPCs and PCs alike made this weekend amazing and I journeyed home on Sunday a little less stressed and very satisfied. So thanks to all our players for that.

Mushy crap aside, here are some of my favorites from the weekend.

Kantil having no idea what a balloon flobber was and doing a horrible impression of one. Can't wait to run the balloon flobber wave battle in the future.

Telling Kantil that Sassy has clownies and that he has them now too (and you're right, you're never going to live that down).

Dinner and backroom dealings as Faust. There are two characters that saved A LOT of ressurections (their own likely included) and practically insured the destruction of Arienne by being selfless and sacrificing a little bit of themselves. Quiet, anonymous heroics. Amazing job.

Icenia's Got Talent run by clowns. We have some amazing talents hidden amongst our players. I'm glad we got to bring some of them out. Though there may be one or two that should have stayed hidden.

All things Kelly and Tracey. You two brought this weekend to life (um, unlife?) with your roleplaying of the BBGs. Honorable mention MBG (medium bad guy) awards to Lucrezia, General Arkhen and Cyprian. Hopefully the PCs felt they weren't facing just nameless bad guys but bad guys with histories and agendas.

Hanging with Darkaan and Amanda in NPC camp. Good times.

Stealth Mod. I hope the PCs there got the feeling of danger and discovery that was intended. Be sure that if we had heard or seen you, you all would have rezzed. Great job to gather some crucial information.

Seeing Caleb back to play Gabriel. What an amazing surprise that added so much to the weekend. For those that don't know, Arienne was a character from Gabriel's character history. She is not a character I created (though I corrupted her into the hated empress you all love). The heart, soul and roleplaying by both Caleb and Kelly were amazing. See, we do read your character histories.

Tom's tumble down the stairs was amazing to watch. He could give any stuntman a run (roll?) for their money. He rolled like a champ and came out uninjured (though shaken and bruised for sure). I'm glad you're okay buddy!

Henry as Baron Harrison. Love him, hate him, the man does not give up.

The destruction of Arienne. It was everything it should have been. Thanks to Dustin for helping me set up and doing the traps. To my NPCs for their fighting prowess and to Kelly for her roleplaying chops. I tried to make it as epic as possible and I hope the PCs on it got to feel like heroes.

The final battle/slaughter. It's as close to feeling truly evil as I ever want to get. I think the bestial hatred of Lochaber came through. I know I felt it and it scared me a little. I may have been reading too much George Martin lately.

The IG strategy and planning session amongst the BBGs and MBGs before the pedestal battle. We planned (and argued!) for an hour IG. But our hard work paid off in a win for all vampiredom.

Running battles and encounters that weren't just "kill all the bad guys", but that had strategic goals. The PCs won some and lost some and so did the NPCs. To me, that makes the world seem a little more real.

In the Arienne module, watching my wife Dee (Drifa) kicking the hell out of the blood wraiths. She doesn't roleplay hostile barbarian warrior woman, she lives it.

The Nordenn wall hangings were fantastic. Great job Buddy.

Speaking of Buddy, his 8th level character making it onto the "the list" of Lochaber. Congratulations/Condolences Buddy!

Evil, monstrous vampires that are hated and despised by the good guys and slated for destruction. I can guarantee Locahber will never fall in love with a teenage girl nor sparkle in the sunlight.

My least favorite (but still hilarious): My creations, the bestial vampire children of Lochaber and Arienne that have cool names like the craven, the wretched, etc. now being referred to as "flipper babies". Thanks Illana. Way to denigrate my fearful creations into an NPC camp punchline. LOL.

Gabriel the flipper baby and the baronial ear treats.

Getting to know all the new players and getting to know better some of our veteran players that I didn't interact with that much before. One of the greatest parts of NPCing is you get to RP with people you never really have the opportunity to when you PC. What an amazing player base we have right now. I can't say it enough. What a great weekend.

Holy crap Ezri was drama-tastic this weekend. Nothing but love OOG but some people have some in-game 'splaining to do!

I've been preparing toward this event for two years, ever since Aislynn gave a piece of her spirit to make the blade and Gwendara was obliterated in my hands. It did not disappoint.

I started my weekend with the stealth mod of OMGWTFBBQ. We were told it was a Galanthian encampment... and when we get down there I hear two voices I know all too well. Holy crap. We were probably 15 feet or so from the baddies and my heart was in my throat the entire time.

Seeing Gabriel/Caleb for the first time in years. I'm so glad somebody was able to get in touch with you and that you were able to make it. I had a lot of fun hanging with you this event, and I was VERY glad that it was you to be able to deal the final blow. The way it always should have been.

Rituals and wave battle gone horribly wrong. IG Ezri is beyond mad at herself, OOG Michelle was frustrated with herself too, but it's just more awesome story we get to play, and it further cements Ezri's mentality that imprisoning bad guys never works.

Hanging with Nordenn for the weekend. If my court doesn't start showing up Harrison is going to just adopt me. Those Nordenn boys sure know how to keep a healer busy.

Charnal assassins bring the pain! Not sure if me not getting one was an oversight or if Ez just doesn't rate but I'm SO not complaining! Backpacking the others against them was quite enough entertainment for me thanks, though everybody trying to hide me whenever another one rolled in was hilarious.

Sprinting across the field as Lochaber is carrying Ulthoc off, and what turned into a 10-on-one encounter with Scott.

Speaking of Ulthoc - all the emotional RP. Just... wow. Apologizing in advance for what's to come - your poor lil elf is so broken.

Ithica's tribute to Sir Bryce and more emotional roleplaying and heartfelt conversations. Thank you Toddy.

Treehugger mod/ritual. Solid low/mid level fight and some fun RP. And later followed up with man-eating plants oddly accompanied by wind chimes. Crap.

Arienne's destruction. Wow. We all went in there expecting to come home in the circle - or not come home at all. And everyone was ok with this, in and out of game. For those who don't know, this storyline has been going for more than a decade, and to be privileged to be on that module and see its end is certainly a career highlight. Amazing roleplay from everyone but especially Caleb and Kelly. And if looks could kill... ;)

Trying to make a stand as Lochaber came in - pissed as hell, and the blood wraiths are coming up the stairs. JUST missed getting that incant off. Good try Kantil - just know that you've impressed me both in and out of game these last two events. If Ezri survives till next season we'll have much to discuss. ;)

Confrontation with Lochaber in the earth circle and the threat of "torturing you in ways you cannot even imagine." After getting terror'ed by Morganna and literally running straight into Lochaber in the kitchen he's already making good on that threat. Waking up to Rowan telling me "Um... Ezri... you were bitten."

Aaaaaaaand yet another event ends with me in tears - fighting with the Storm Blades, and begging Harrison to kill me. Then he comes up with the Anvil of Purity idea. We'll see if this works...

This is from my phone so down and dirty quick dozen (or less) until I have a real keyboard. Hopefully with no Kyle-like droid auto corrects:

NPCs and Scott. Scott you played some big NPC roles and looked like you were having more fun than I've seen you have in quite a while. All the NPCs seemed really jazzed up and like they were loving every role and combat. It made it awesome for both sides. I don't know if it's new blood, food cheerleaders like Amanda and Darkan or what but it was noticeable. Thanks guys you rule!

Watching Lochaber take Ulthoc literally less than an hour after Ulthoc dropped a huge bombshell on Gwen. There was no way she was letting him take Ulthoc without her going to the circle.

That being said the 10 on 1 Lochaber fight that ensued afterward was the most fun I've ever had fighting a BBG. People took turns getting hits in, didn't swing and call damage so fast it was practically unintelligible which seems to always happen. Instead the fighting was measured and respectful. We all played a part and I don't think Scott felt as much like people were trying to beat him and not Lochaber.

Ulthoc rezzing (the first time). Gwen heard he dissipated and left the remnants of the battle to watch the Rez in the guild. She was torn when Rowan asked if she wanted to perform it, instead she opted to sit and watch. Thanks Tom for that writ and RP earlier in the weekend. She's halfway to broken again lol.

Danny! Love that we now just look at eachother and have a whole conversation with a few nods and eyebrow raises. Haha. We had some good fights and I'm glad I could block some charnal assassin blows for you.

Amelia! You can go from endearing, to haunting, to creeperific in one costume change. Your acting range is fabulous and I love it. Maybe it was just the hair but I kept thinking of old Greg when you were playing the dryad.

The second time Ulthoc rezzed and Gwen being hesitant to do the Rez... Baron Harrison fixed that by saying "Gwendara, You have healing arts? Good. You're doing this." intense roleplay ensues follows by Drew going M.I.A. with the results of the Rez. Talk about suspense o_O

Grim! I think you said "Gwen you need to come sit by Sir Daniel" about fifteen times. Then the angry "knowing" looks you shot at him, awesome.

Ikmoqs clutch possum session that lifed me at 18s left. Only to be cut down again and saved by raven with 33s left. You guys rule.

Fail ritual follows by fail wave battle. "hey guys... Lochaber is going over by those columns. Yes those over there. ...Ok we're not doing anything about it? Alright then."

Finally the epic end of Arienne. I had a vested interest in finishing her but not nearly as much as some people. The wraith fights were awesome. The NPCs were awesome and Kelly was amazing. She stared at me after Ezri and actually transfixed me out of game. I was like this is such a bad idea but she has real life vamp gaze haha. It felt good to get her attention. I suppose surviving an obliterate makes me annoying enough to be on the radar.

I haven't been able to play since the opener due to work obligations and I'm sad for that. However, Scott, this was an amazingly fun weekend to come back to. I'll be missing sept due to work but maybe I'll come NPC for you in oct.

I forgot one of my favorite moments of the weekend.

Bill comes in as a ducal soldier and hooks a stealth mod. The various participants are being corralled and Harrison orders me to be one of the participants. Bill's soldier looks at my face and says something like, "I have a concern," while looking meaningfully at me.

Harrison assures him all is fine and then I say something like, "For the glory of the Empire," while the soldier is still there. He immediately gives me another very meaningful look and says something like, "I still have a concern."

Bill absolutely rolled with my situation all weekend and made it the role play a lot of fun.

In fact, I'd like to give a general shout out to everyone who gave me great role play in regards to me being a Galanthian: Bill Gibbs, Alex Koziak, Lauren (new NPC), Amelia, another new NPC whose name I didn't learn (played the last prophet), Rich (Andros), Kathy (Mouse), Henry (Harrison), Tom (Ulthoc), Kris (Jovunn), Ithica (Todd), Scott Kondrk, Danny (Daniel Star), Nuheran, plenty of people who I have inadvertently forgotten.

-MS

P.S. - I am still subconsciously avoiding touching my cheek so I don't smudge the makeup.

I won't front, getting squired was kind of really super freakin' awesome. I never could have guessed what would happen to and become of Jovunn when I brought her in game a year ago, but if I had, nobility would probably have been very, very far from the top of the list. It's really neat to see my character evolving in real time, and it's even more neat to see how she's affecting other characters' evolutions as well.

Tangentally, SQUIRE NO-PANTS. Never going to live that one down in or out of game. Josh, thank you for rolling with that as an NPC; we need more flexibility like that in game.

"Sir Ulthoc, why do I need to meet with the Duke to become a herald?" "Well, you don't." "Um... O_O"

Henry, Henry, Henry/Harrison, Harrison, Harrison. If you and Amelia had a baby, that baby is what I would aspire to as a roleplayer. Your rez story, crying, and hugging at the end of the event were tear and awe-inspiring, as were your speeches. Your rare but much-needed light-hearted camaraderie with the Court provided occasional, much needed relief from the dire circumstances surrounding the town. Your tests of my character's devotion were intense for me both IG and OOG and are taking the character in directions I never would have predicted or expected. Thank you. With all my heart, thank you; you are one of the many people making this game absolutely worth it.

Getting to do a few missions with team Flaming Balls again. Jovunn really needs you guys to remind her not to take herself too seriously and those opportunities were great ones. Kantil, you are a great addition and I look forward to seeing more of you in and out of game.

"Oh, damn, it's a bloodwraith!"
"It looks kind of... odd."
[OOG]
"Marshall, what, exactly, are we looking at?"
"You see exactly what you see."
[once again IG]
"...That's a guy with a towel on his head, isn't it?"

Jovunn's rapidly changing/degenerating friendship with Luka. From the way Luka "friend broke up" with her to our short but intense discussions to Jovunn's persistent, unrelenting willingness to put her life down for someone who is quickly coming to despise her... There's a lot there to be explored there and I really look forward to it, no matter how emotionally taxing it becomes.

KIBA! Jovunn is pretty much in bro-love with your Skald-in-training. Thank you for comforting her when Ulthoc was rezzing - she was about five minutes from devolving into a rage-fit. You might get that bed in her home whether you want it or not. :p

The Baronial tearing-apart by Lochaber. There's something... oddly sexy about Scott biting out Henry's tongue. JUST SAYIN'. Also, AMELIA AS CRAZY-GABEY. Dan Aldi said it best: way to really play up your character's low intelligence level.

So I start with THANK YOU NPC's!!! OMG So many of you were amazing this weekend and I loved every second of this event because you all of you!

So no real order...well mostly time orderd.....

Holy Emotional rollercoster from hell!

Starting the weekend with a plot rez and watching Amy's face after Kevin anounces that there are spitits in the circle. Oh Amy I love you! And the Rez story was AWSOME SAUCE!!!!

Breaking down after realizing all the children that were traveling with us are now permenently dead........

Sitting in the cabin during the first wave battle with the window wide open.....Gregor out of no where popping his head into the window right in front of my face....I screamed bloody murder cause of that. I was so freaked out for the rest of the battle that everytime an NPC walked by the window I leaned back and had to cover mymouth to keep them from finding all the Romani in the damn Cabin.....

The Biata child. Even though I had no friggin I dea what exactly was going I jumped right into it and pulled the child aside and started telling him about Jarrin.....(only the good things)

KISSING BOOTH! Ahhh!!! It was fun to call randompeople out to try to get them to pay for a kiss!

Lanna and Daniel's little relationship. Still not 100% surehow that came about but it was uber awsome fun and OMG Daniel was on it! Danny I love you! (in a totaly non relationship way...lol)

The child comming back with a Roma this time and getting to meet more familia. I loved the RP that happened while teaching the boy to dance!

Seeing Daniel, out of the corner of my eye, dropping to the ground screaming. I turned around to see what happened to have Amilia in my face saying 'you hear a loud scream through you mind and a sheering pain rip through your head.' So the I fall to the ground screaming....and all i can think it 'so that's what happened to Daniel......'

Going to the 'romani caravan' and the first thing i see is the Romani woman as an undead. Thinking are you ******* serious?! Then going to the next room and finding the permenetly dead body of the 'mother' Great...

Following Grim back to town, while he carried the body of the mother, and seeing the Father of the boy.
"Is my son okay?"
*Lanna ignores him*
*Grabs sholder* "IS MY SON OKAY!?"
"I have no reason to care for what you want right now" *walks away*

The totaly emotional RP that followed in the healers guild. I swear EVERYONE in there at one point or another was crying. My favorite part though was when Daniel came in and tried to tell Lanna to calm down. She bust into tears and said "I am tired of watching my people die!" And just being held. It was nice. Worst part is I wasn't even trying to cry it just happened....>.<

Charming the Kinda BBG General's Healer and using all her spells on the town. AWSOME!!!!!! I was the cause of his death. Yeah that was me! Yay for healer stealing!

All the drama with Harrison....OMG Henry I love you OOG but dude! WTF! Harrison is a JERK! But it makes for awsome RP!

LADY FATE!!! OMG Amilia you give me Chills every time I've seen her! "It's your fault. And yours. And yours. And yours...." Ughhh.... -.-'

Grim Telling Lanna that he respects her because she is the most level headed of all the Romani in town...Lanna didn't really know how to take that....

MY second rez of the weekend! OMG! Getting lifed by Locabur((SP?)) And then bit and the tooled down by Uthoc....Then having to go rez while watching EVERYONE around me either go down or wandering around trying to kill eachother....Damn! Then realizing OOG the next time I rez that I could lose my Favorite Character....tell you what there were some tears with that one....>.<

Any way I loved this weekend! It was SOOOOOOOOOO much fun....Though part of me is still wishing I could have gotten next weekend off for CT another partof me is really glad I didn't. I think I got it all..We shall see.

Wow, where to begin...

First and foremost, seeing old friends again, and making some new ones. I'd almost forgotten how much I'd missed some of you, and it felt very good to be welcomed back after such an extended absence. Real life sure likes to get in the way of a good time, doesn't it? It's funny how many people recognized me by voice, and then watching the switch flip on when they realized. It was great to catch up on so many stories that I've missed.

Second, closure. The Gabriel character went into the database in 1995, my first semester of college, and finished his character plot on this Sunday afternoon. It was great to be able to bring so many of you into such a long story. Very few people knew that the grim angry monstrous screaming pain in the a$$ that he's been all these years was because of a love story that went through hell and back again. For those of you that only saw the kind and weepy baritone Gabriel, you were fortunate enough to be spared the bass-rumbling headaches that marked so many events. Thank you to everyone who's played a role in this story over the years. I'd love to write the ridiculously long list of names, but I'm very much afraid of leaving someone out, you all know who you are and it's been a great ride. To the many plot members, my numerous teams, and of course my closest friends, thank you all.

Third, just because I'm still laughing about this, my new dwarf friend. "Trolls? F*ck those guys!" The Hoyce is strong in this one.

Unpredictability. I had no idea what to make of so many new (to me) characters that may or may not be trustworthy, new teams and site geography, having no mental schedule of when mods or wave battles were coming, and generally no idea what to expect. I used to be able to predict what the next couple hours of game would be, this was certainly not the case.

The full spectrum. Just because my character shot nasty looks at yours, or avoided you, doesn't mean I don't appreciate the contributions to the game. There was a really good atmosphere, with people covering the full range from serious to silly and every level of drama in between. Everyone could find their spot on the scale, and slip right in.

Now, go finish your character histories!!!

First off.... Thank you Scott and the NPCs for one of the Funest weekends ever. It was great to see Old Baddies and the Return of the Ultimate Baddy of them all

Maggy as the Thessi Councilwoman!!!! everytime Daniel spoke to her he was thinking of 50 ways to kill her.... or just piss her off!!! Loved all the drama.... cant wait to see where this goes

GYPES!!!!! thank you all of you for the great rolepaly through out the Thessi child problem!!!

Bill Gibb!!!!! Thank you for the 45 minute knock down Drag out fight!!!! and the Entire town keeping me going lol... Damn charnal Assassins

All Thing Lanna!!!! Started with the Kissing booth and went from their!!!! Had a great time Hanging with Angel!!!!!

Getting to hang out with Old friends like Gaberial REturn!!!! Was great to recall oldtime and fight together again

Wow what a great event! These sorts of events just make me keep wanting to come back again and again! :)

Mages guild plot this event was FANTASTIC! So much fun. Both mods and all the RP over our meeting and with all the various members. Raven, Aubry, Balls, Izzer, Lana, yes even Luca... ;) Very fun times!

Watching the squireship and all the pomp that surrounded that. I highly doubt any of my charters will go down the path of nobility, but I really do enjoy spectacle scenes like that. And knowing they matter so much to those players is very cool.

OMG rituals! Bill *hugs* you are SUCH a trooper. Even for our 4am multi rit item that was cast in the Mages Guild on Friday night/saturday morning. Thank you SO MUCH. I love the ritual aspect of the game and I know it is an especially large amount of work due to all the extra rules and marshaling and all that goes on with it. But I really appreciate those who deal with that stuff. I do honestly hope I can start helping out/giving back on that aspect at some point. That is if I can stop being addicted to playing... :thumbsup:

Food just keeps getting better. Seriously guys this is wonderful. Toddy, the meat you prepared was amazing. I honestly was gorged on food in a manner that reminded me of OOG holiday meals after that dinner. You only need one amazing dish to really make it work... Also omg I at a 'real' ant... :zonks:

All the fights felt very well done on an OOG level. I can't believe I managed to make that mad dash dragging Delaulder into our ward after our Prison's got Dispeled...

I'm sure I'm forgetting half a dozen other awesome things but thank you so much everyone who made this event fun and possible! :)

Intense intense weekend. But so much fun!

1. Hanging with Sir Daniel again. Love the dynamic Grim and he have together
2. Icenia's got talent. ******* EPIC... so many jokes that will never die coming from this.
3. Defending Jovunn and the baron harrison to the Romani.. and then bam.. harrisson orders the squire to attack someone needlessly..*facepalm*
4. hanging with angel ig and oog you rock.
5. MONTY! Dear god mr Jacob Miller you sir have just upped the game on everyone 21 fold. Your tent, stylings and everything is bad ***. Grim jokingly roped you into the talent contest and wtf.. purely amazing. Jacob thank you for what you brought to the game.
6. blood wraiths awesome.
7. mages guild missions.
8. amelia
9. The KoP crew. you guys make life win. Thanks for your passion intensity and bad assery.,

there's much mucho more but im so tired.

I had an awesome time PCing for the first time this event!

I'd like to thank Tom H. and Kyle for giving me waaaay too much of their time answering my questions and helping me get my character together for the game, you guys are too awesome for words.

Grim for the "You're a ****, oh wait your not a ****..." turns to someone else "Hey, this guy's not a ****!"

Everyone in Nordenn and those associated with Nordenn for letting me/us tag along a bunch.

Buddy for a number of things, awesome RP, fun to fight with too.

Whichever NPC in the rat mod scared the daylights out of me when I rounded that one corner and screamed.

All of the NPC's, you guys were super awesome, it was very weird seeing the game from not that side of things.

Bill for doing an awesome job with food and being a scary NPC.

Flaming Balls, you guys are hilarious and a pleasure to roleplay and mod with.

Gypsies, not enough trust IC to talk to most of you much yet, but much of your antics had me biting my tongue to avoid laughing.

The Cave of Wonders being on "Maggie's Farm" and Tom(Newt) and I talking for about the next half an hour about how we weren't going to work on her farm anymore.

The writers: all of your hard work made the whole weekend have a very scary feel to it, I never felt worthless but was always pretty sure I was going to die, I think that's how it's supposed to be :funny:

Ulthoc and Harrison for being awesome and taking some time to RP with me a bit too.

The guy who's name I can't remember with the shield (with the red phone handle lookin grip) and the axe who I kept running into on the porch seemingly every time I set foot on it.

The healer lady who gave Dorian a magic armor and later realized he kept following her around trying to 'protect' her from stuff.

I know I'm forgetting a lot too, but rereading this list I'm amazed at how fun this weekend was.

Y'know what one of my favorite things about this game is? The fact that there are like 40 games going on simultaneously.

I'm reading these favorites and realizing just how much stuff went out that I never saw, and yet I don't think I sat down for more than 10 minutes at a shot all weekend. Thank you to the plot team, the NPCs and my fellow PCs for keeping me entertained all weekend long.

Ezri said:
Y'know what one of my favorite things about this game is? The fact that there are like 40 games going on simultaneously.

This is a huge part of what makes the game awesome. Sitting around afterward and realizing that you only saw a small percentage of all of the awesome-sauce that happens.

Thanks to everyone for making my first weekend as a PC as much fun as it was.

That said, here is a small list of favorites from the weekend:

Shortly after Ulthoc Rezzed the first time, Noot walked up to him and said, with a very serious face, "Don't worry Sir Ulthoc, I will protect you." The look on Tom's face when it was said was priceless.

When Squire No-Pants earned her name, half of us were incapacitated while rolling on the ground laughing. Eventually, the NPCs respawned and we struggled through a combat while still laughing, Jovunn still without pants. Seriously, my sides were still sore last night.

I cannot possibly count the amount of times someone asked "Where's Dorian?" while we were on a mod or about to defend the tavern. The only proper response was "Yeah, he does that."

The OOG reaction people had when they realized there were actually ants in the "Orc chili."

Jeremy, Amelia and Josh: The three of you fought for about an hour straight, in the sun to keep the rest of the town entertained while the big 12 were killing the BBEG. You three did an amazing job of keeping at it and we all appreciated everything you threw into that combat.

NPCs: Thank you all so much. Words cannot express how appreciated you all are.

Back