August Rumors in Pratorak

(Here are some of the things you might hear people talking about around Pratorak in the coming month. Feel free to use any of these as a jumping off point for your August IBGAs. Make sure to send any IBGAs regarding the upcoming August event to SoMN2017BESTplot@gmail.com. Keep an eye out for more rumors leading up to the event!)

- Be forewarned: the Sortiens’ caravan will be loitering near Outpost #14 whilst the adventurers occupy the vacant barracks. I often find it preferable to grant their particular brand of frivolity a wide berth.

- Be extra careful around the road to the old mine. I saw a few sinkholes out there--maybe the empty tunnels are finally collapsing.

- I was taking a walk around the east side of Crog's Crag and saw an on-fire bear lumbering through the trees. Lucky that the whole forest didn't catch fire!

- I’m celebrating tonight: after training this afternoon, Captain Lorana actually told me I did an ok job!

- Dragk was stupid enough to bring home a chunk of crystal the other day. I shattered it in front of him just to make a point. I'm not even going to risk inviting those blue things here.

- Why must the Monolithic Council continue to negotiate with these Gadenites? I have seen no evidence that they will be more capable of completing any task than our own forces. They cannot even hold Kalmok’s Anvil without our assistance, whereas our entire border is open to the face of Corruption.

- How unusual. It appears that Earthen rituals are failing to begin within the vicinity of Fort Gragg. Surely the Council will dispatch a group to deal with this shortly.

- Some stinky lizard things tried buy some seeds from me with dirt the other day.
Like, with something worthless?
No, with literal dirt instead of money!

- My house collapsed the other day.
Did a monster smash through a wall or something?
Nah, it just decided to fall over for no reason.

- I heard some old Stone Elf guy talkin’ about those weird not-Corrupt things up by the Crag. Said they were called “Scourers” or something, maybe he knows more about these things.

There's flaming creatures running around the woods near outpost 14.
That's hot.
Why do I hang out with you?

Esteemed cousin, venerable as your magical knowledge may be, I cannot concur with your assessment of the blue creatures’ rate of growth, based as it is upon random sampling of observed daytime activity. I assure you, my calculation based upon the radius occupied when they retreat to a defensive position upon nightfall is surely more accurate, and predicts that the valley shall be overrun within fifty-two days, not sixty-one. Surely you must admit that my superior methodology shall eventually be proven correct.

The Grand Spelly-ball tournament is coming up soon. The rules are a mystery but it sure is fun to watch.

Those Gain Train people are the least trustworthy people I have ever met. Yesterday I heard one of them say “Screw the corrupt. I have money!” Those exact words! Scum; every one of them.

Don't go into those mines near fort Gragg. I promise you that is what nightmares are made of.

I heard Lord Thather Oakheart might be in town next month.
Dude, he's probably been in more battles than you can probably count to and you're gonna make fun of his name? Not cool.
Thath’s justh the way I talk.
… Oh.

How many casks of ale do you think I should order for the adventurers’ stay? One? Five? A dozen?! I don't know!

Don't tell anyone, but I'M Jimmy 3-face!

--It would behoove these Gadenites to exercise caution in their expedition, lest the magics which suppressed resurrections seven decades past reawaken with malicious intent.
--Wait, more malicious than the blue things--?
--That’s classified.

If you listen very closely you can hear nature speaking to you.
That is a dryad.

--I wandered too far from the caravan and saw a scary-looking glowing shadow! I threw my spell at it, but nothing happened, so I got outta there.
--You know only one spell? Which one?
--Well, it was a Fortress, but it’s the principle of the thing.
--Sigh…

I heard that the council will pay out in platinum for a way to stop the corrupt. Ever seen a platinum, kid? Yeah, me neither.

Back