August Stormbreak Mess Hall menu

Ryft

I meant to post this earlier. Apologies for the delay. Thankfully, nobody straight up asked for the menu and made us look really off our game. ;)

Heidi and I are primary kitchen staff this event. We're continuing to experiment with menus. Please continue to give us feedback! We do make notes on when some stuff gets devoured completely vs. when we have leftovers, so there is that. And we do get the closing ceremony "the food was great!" thing, but if you have any specific comments to make... don't hesitate to throw something at us, privately if necessary.

Saturday breakfast is waffles, homefries, bacon, eggs, yogurt and fruit.

Saturday afternoon if there are people hanging around in the mess hall I'll put out a bowl of hummus and some basic veggies. Feel free to bring additional stuff to dip into it. The mid-day snack seems to be a necessary tradition to keep energy levels up.

Saturday dinner are tex-mex bowls - a base of rice and/or beans, topped as you please with meat, cheese, veggies, etc. We were planning on cake and watermelon afterwards for dessert.

Sunday breakfast is waffles, yogurt and fruit, and breakfast pizza.

I'll have the sign-up sheet for anyone helping out for any part of a meal right inside the doorway. We had tons of helpers at the first event (I missed the second event, sadly). Throw your name on it every time you help out! We can make it worth your while.

So excited to see everyone again!

While I won't be at the event, I do have food donations coming to you. 5lbs of bacon reinforcements, and 8 packs (80 pcs) of bacon sausage you can cook up on Sunday. Won't make a mess like regular bacon. :)

That's fantastic to hear! I'm buying most of the meats Friday afternoon, so I'll adjust accordingly! Thanks for the heads up!

We shall be bringing the meat on Tyson's behalf :)

I just wanted to give a huge thanks to all the kitchen volunteers this weekend. In particular, all the extra hands getting dinner on the table made a big difference with our serving time. When we try new recipes and things sometimes we run into timing issues, so you folks really helped smooth out those bumps.

And of course dish washers are always a huge morale boost for us. Mad props for everyone who stepped up to the plate, or plates in this case.

Back