Axes of Evil 6: Prophecy of the Badgers

"The Axes of Evil" will be published by Double Dragon in early 2010 and will be available as a paperback, an e-book, or through Amazon's kindle. Because of contractual obligations, I have had to remove the early draft from this Bulletin Board. Thanks for the comments everyone!

I really like this chapter. The goblin scene is good - particularly if you've read the first book and know about Terin's previous dealings with them.

In the description of the Vansir camp though you mention comfortable chairs - what were comfortable chairs made of in that sort of area and time? I don't think we're talking La-z-boy here. Chairs made of leather and furs stretched over a frame maybe? As silly as that sounds I think it would help add to the visualization of the scene, and a little flavor on how the Vansir made such an inhospitable place more like home.

The descriptions of the Vansir people also good, and the prophesy part is well done - kinda reminds me of doing a vision ritual within the game.

Ezri said:
I really like this chapter. The goblin scene is good - particularly if you've read the first book and know about Terin's previous dealings with them.

In the description of the Vansir camp though you mention comfortable chairs - what were comfortable chairs made of in that sort of area and time? I don't think we're talking La-z-boy here. Chairs made of leather and furs stretched over a frame maybe? As silly as that sounds I think it would help add to the visualization of the scene, and a little flavor on how the Vansir made such an inhospitable place more like home.

The descriptions of the Vansir people also good, and the prophesy part is well done - kinda reminds me of doing a vision ritual within the game.

A very good point about the chairs. Thanks for the comments, always appreciated.

Back