Baronial Court and Feast

Anique

Scout
House Silverbane invites you to join us in celebrating the Hallows Friday November 4th.
We will be at tavern in the newly established city of Ardic.
All citizens of Valdanis and guests within our realm are welcome to attend.

Court: A number of small things will be addressed. If you wish to submit a petition, it is due to Baron Havok or Baroness Ahlana by midnight the 31st of October.

The Feast: Roasted fowl and beverages will be provided. You are encouraged to bring a taste of your own traditional foods.

May the stars above guide you along the earth below.

~Ahlana Antaro Silverbane
Baroness of the Forest of Life

within the Realm of Valdanis

Yes, I am aware of the conflicting times. No we will not be changing the day or time of our annual feast.

~Ahlana

As this proceeds the invitation of the Nobel dinner I will have to decline. As of respect of the empire I am from I must make the formal dinner.
Take no ilrespect from this as this is my land and I fall under the laws of this land even thou a lot of it is not clear to me from the effects of the mist.
Please keep an open seat for me as I will be there in spirit.

Pyke
HOTH, Aira'yen clan of the Mala'kari

I will go until I am summoned for the noble dinner. Because two dinners are always better than one dinner.

Saro

Perhaps this is a good place to find an answer to these questions:
  • Has anyone been able to locate any part of the Kingdom of Valdanis?
  • Outside of the adventuring nobility, has there been any contact with the leadership of Valdanis?
  • Has anyone encountered other citizens of Valdanis now residing on any of the isles?
  • Has anyone encountered evidence that leads them to believe that Valdanis has not been either destroyed or simply become inaccessible through the Mists?
Travel safely,
Mathis
Order of the Emerald Flame

Valdanis is where we were before right? If so Nom informed me at the battle with bleak that it is at peace. The selanuri women who does fortunes has been by. And the great goblin adventurer, he might be a new person, but I feel like we knew him before. A biata women who some people seemed to know was there but I am not sure about that either. We found what looked to be the kings crown, but I guess it wasn't. I don't know if any of this was helpful...

To your four questions Mathis- the answers are No, No, Yes but only a few fleeting individuals all who had been missing for months before the last couple Valdanian Markets, and lastly I think that question is up for debate. The one truth I know from adventuring is that every land suffers and the only peace that can truly be gained is the embrace of final death. So the phrase Valdanis is at perfect peace and has no need for adventurers in my mind is evidence of just that that it is at peace. But others would interpret with much more optimism I am sure. With luck someone may even have evidence.

Kit

The realm we are in does not have other planes... So any attempt to contact or travel to other planes has not worked. Arden is effectively on another plane.
So no, we have not had contact with anyone still in Arden.
A number of assorted individuals beyond just adventurers have found themselves here.
A very limited number of persons from Arden arrived on different isles. In addition to those mentioned are Penn (the muse) and Thomas (fey gardener).
Valdanis has not been destroyed. It was one of the places least touched by Bleak. Most of Arden was decimated. We were funneling refugees into Valdanis when the mist pulled us away. Those that remain are at peace and rebuilding. At this time, Arden is inaccessible to us. (Per visions/muse/etc)

Random tidbit of information: Many are familiar with Junius (the Whisperer). He hailed from a land called Soltara. A land in which the mist was unpredictable and closing in on civilizations. To the point of people literally standing still and getting lost in the encroaching mist. His quest to find a stable home is what lead him to Arden, and accidently opened the portal both Bleak and the plane of lightning used to enter our realm. One of the last major markets in Valdanis involved banishing Junius back to his plane. His description of his plane matches this one quite well. When first we got here, I thought this was Soltara. Although no one seems to know the name Soltara, people do know of Junius. Sadly, I have not been able to locate him.

Last edited:
Interesting. So what I get from your responses is that Valdanis, its leaders, citizen, and the land formerly known as Arden likely still exist but there is no way of accessing them.
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your homes, having experienced that personally I know what you must be feeling.
I hope that you are able to find solace and perhaps new homes in this place.

Travel safely,
Mathis

I'd been so worried about this happening to me a second time, I hadn't even had the chance to realize that it affected more than just myself.

Allow me to extend my condolences as well.

Link

Back