Base production pool calculations

DracoIam

Spellsword
Base production pool is half of your ranks in that skill rounded down.

Workshops double your base production pool.

So is it that with a work shop your production pool is the same as your rank? Or twice your production pool?

Example; 1÷2=.5 Base production pool is 0, 0×2=0

So if you are multiplying the base production pool you have this wired example where you can by a workshop and still end up with a production pool of 0

We avoid this math problem if we say that having a workshop allows you to.have a base production pool equal to your ranks in a craft.

Example; 1÷2=.5 Base production pool is 0, 0×2=0
This example is correct.

The intent is that people who make significant investment are rewarded and people who simply "dip" into the skills do not see the same level of benefit.

This example is correct.

The intent is that people who make significant investment are rewarded and people who simply "dip" into the skills do not see the same level of benefit.
But this harms everyone with an odd number of points in the skill. Like I had 5 which rounds down to 2 without a workshop and only back up to 4.

Same with even someone with like a 17. That just seems a weird punishment instead of making it equal to your skill.

Harm might be a stronger word than I would use, but I understand where you are coming from.

I think a thing that needs to be remembered is that this is a passive, infinitely scaling, non-expiring bonus that only requires a one time cost and can be recouped at basically any time.

Back