Best Airport?

Hey All,

I am in the initial stages of planning a possible LARP trip to CT in mid March.

I understand you catz have a fairly good site at "Ye Old Commons" and figured I might be able to check it out while in east coast territory. :)

Can any kind soul tell me what airport might be most convenient to go through to this site from The DC area and tell me a bit more about it? I may also nab a car and drive up and would be open to sharing the drive or any suggestions on where to stay near site so I can drive fresh.

Lastly, who might the right people to get into contact regarding LCO rules, chapter policies, etc, etc be?

Thanks to all in advance!

Paul F

cool, this is awesome!

so the site,
120 Northside Rd, Charlton, MA 01507 and at http://yeoldecommons.com/
which is awesome, has tons of room for staying onsite, with onsite heated indoor showers, onsite heated cabins, and a kitchen dining facility that will be making meals for sat breakfast/ sat dinner/ sunday breakfast by yours truly. if you did, stay at a hotel, they are some distance away.
as far as air ports go, there is big one in boston, or springfield. mass. a smaller one in Worcester. I don't know how big that one is.
as far as lco rules and policies, you could go to http://caldaria.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=529

Thank you Miss Avalon!

I'm not about snagging a couch or spare bedroom somewhere cheap along the way and of course am happy to share a drive if someone lives anywhere between here and there. :)

Paul

the air ports to site are not that far, an hour? maybe two?
unless you are driving from dc, I know a few who live in ct but don't know who along the way could help, i live in northern vt. i come by way of 89- 91 - 90 mass turnpike. so i go through springfield mass.

After some consideration, and looking at a map, DC is not so far from CT. I think I'll drive. If anyone needs a ride along the way I might head up a day or two early and make a mini vacation out of the deal.

Just to add a little bit to this, the site is in Mass.. Just over the border from CT.

Thanks M King,

Methinks I'll be driving up from my temp housing in Rosslyn VA to hang out with y'all. I look forward to checking it out.

Paul

Bradley Airport in Windsor Locks, CT is the same distance from site as Logan in Boston -- a little more than an hour. Looking forward to seeing a new face at game!

It appears I'll be driving into the area a day early if anyone wants to grab a bite, needs a ride, etc I have most of a day to kill in the area. :)

Back