Blight Investigation and Curatives

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Fellow Unbounded of Rathfall,

After intense research and self-sacrifice, Housemother Adlao, Aspirant Skylark, and I have uncovered a secret of the Blight and pushed back imbalance another few inches. In cooperation with the Earth's Chosen and Master Weaver Illian of Pauper's Launch, we have developed a mechano-magical device which can combine Alchemical and Earthen magics to affect Blight sicknesses. The Carafe, as it has become known, is as much a physical collection of distillation equipment as a preternatural conduit for Earthly magics. We have only successfully created one such device at this time and are unsure whether the Balance will allow more to exist.

Perhaps just as interesting as the creation of the Carafe itself has been our first successful discovery of a cure for a Blight malady. Using the Housemother as a patient, we were able to uncover an unguent that, when smeared on the affected cornea of an individual afflicted with the Eyeball Blight Parasite, will rid the patient of the malediction both in Body and Spirit and destroy the Blight parasite. The ingredients for the unguent require the skills of at least a Journeyfolk Alchemist and Journeyfolk Brewer to create and altogether cost 7 silver per topical dosage.

We are still investigating more applications for the Carafe and would appreciate information, details, and knowledge about the Blight and its effect on Rathfall's people. We hope to perfect more medicines for Blight sicknesses and, hopefully, aid the Archduke in his task of freeing Rathfall from this terrible curse.

Please inform any inhabitants of Pauper's Launch who are afflicted by the Blight Eyeball Parasite they will receive free care from the Order of the Pearled Heart. Send them to the Gloaming Rose in Pauper's Launch, near Westermin Bridge and Trenet Lane.

Finally, the Order is planning an excursion into several Blight infested portions of Pauper's Launch to administer aide and succor to the people this coming Saturday and welcomes aide if it is freely given. The inhabitants of the Launch will have neither gold nor trade for this assistance, but have no other recourse for their survival.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Tomebearer Vicomte Rosen
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Home sweet home. Master Heartsboon, I don't believe we have met. I'm Barnaby Willato Rutherwep and I'm one of the natives. I'd be all but too happy to give you a nice tour of the surrounding blightlands, if you'd like, though it's not pleasant for you Burnless people. I myself have been wishing to make my own foothold within the Launch 'sides m'home, one that may be a gathering place for secrets and out of the pryin' eyes of the Houses. I'll try to find you this market. We'll talk later.

-Barnaby Willato Rutherwep

Goodfolk Rutherwep,

I would most certainly appreciate any and all insight into Pauper's Launch as well as the Blightlands beyond Rathfall's walls. I have conducted some small studies into the phenomenon of the Blight and am interested in expanding my knowledge. The Order of the Pearled Heart will be present Friday night and can make introductions, but we can discuss more when I come Saturday. At the very least, a friendly face and knowledgeable guide are tantamount to any successful attempt to administer aide.

On a personal note, many of my questions revolve around basic survival in the Blightlands. I understand certain folk have a physiological immunity, or resistance, to Blight's encroachment, but how does one drink, farm, cultivate, or even exist amidst such imbalance? The depth of research that I have found is surprising shallow on the subject.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Tomebearer Vicomte Rosen
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Greetings to you friend,

I am Housemother Adlao, a member of the Order of the Pearled Heart. As our Keeper Hartsboon mentioned, I and my fellow Hands of my Order will be present Friday evening when Market begins. We would be grateful to connect with you to learn more about your home, as we are yet fairly new to the area.

Also Barnaby, should you have need of assistance while we are here in Rathfall, whether it be company on an adventure, or need of medical or resource support, please do not hesitate to avail yourself of our aid.

May Light illumine you,

Housemother Adlao- HM, OPH

Back